Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How bad are Keith's fingers?
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: April 30, 2005 14:01

I saw a recent close up photo of his hands/fingers and I'm amazed he can still play at all. Does anyone know how bad it really is for him? It looks awful and painfull.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Re: How bad are Keith's fingers?
Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: April 30, 2005 14:22

Of course I do not personally know Mr. Richards and have not had a conversation about it with him, but his digits are BAD.

My family, immediate and extended is affected by arthritis in a bad way. My Mom has 2 artificial hips and 1 knee, my brother at age 39 has had his knee and right hip replaced, not to mention some other family members. I have it in my neck, C4, 5 AND 6, in both kness and yes in my hands ( I have been playing guitar for over 20 years). From just seeing how swollen his joints are, ALL 3 joints in each finger look like they have marbles in them, I think after 1 or 2 songs the pain must go from the usual nonstop ache to super pain. The stiffness and the loss of flexibility are more annoying than the pain (you get used to it).

We can be certain that KR is getting treatment for his condition, whether it is legit treatment or from KR's "Labratory".

Finally...how bad are they? If his knee or hips were HALF affected as his fingers are they would have been replaced already. BAD BAD BAD

On the upcoming tour, if the guy blows a few lines.....give him a break, same for Ronnie....you never know whats REALLY going on.

At least Keith is not using arthritis as an excuse and underneath it all KR & RW addicts with (sorry) psychological problems. They are rock stars, that alone will make you crazy.

Milo, NYC
I'm free to do what I want any ol' time

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 1, 2005 05:02

not bad enough to stop touring$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted by: keefsarse ()
Date: May 1, 2005 17:05

Milos:

If they are not playing well they are stealing from you and me. We should not cut them a break or be pleased they showed up. That is why I am not going after the mess of the We Licks Our own arse tour. They were much better 69, 72, SW and VL. I intentionally left out 75 and 78 because they blew.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: May 2, 2005 15:25

Thats your right to not go see them if you feel they are not up to par. Its funny, that last tour gets smashed on this board....I saw many of their shows, the guitars were great, the band sounded great and overall the show was fantastic. It was The Rolling Stones on the Stage. Did everybody else see something else ? I know know the band sounds when they are playing well. I'll be seeing them again this summer. Keefsarse, if you wanna have some fun and be reminded of just how they STILL can be, catch a show. Once they are gone, aint no more like them coming down the road.

Milo, NYC
Time Waits for No One

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 2, 2005 19:26

i agree.the licks tour was great.. lots of guitars..the 75 and 78 tours were great as well...with the some girls album to tour with..it doesn't get any better! the stones have given us something different for each tour. thats why you don't get bored.. i'm sure keith takes something for his hands...let it rock!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 2, 2005 19:36

I'm a relative beginnner on guitar ,well I've restarted after having a go when I was younger.
I've no idea how keith can Barre with those fingers - it defies logic, but he played right in front of me on the b-stage last tour and he was playing his ass off!

A very cruel blow for a guitar player though.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 2, 2005 23:14

Indeed Straycatuk. The Hand Of Fate.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: May 2, 2005 23:59

Right on, Milo! Glad to see some positive energy on this board. Of course I am not one for blind loyalty or making things out to be better than they really are, but let us not forget that no matter what condition they may be in, we are getting the chance to see the Stones. We almost take it for granted that they will tour forever and that we can rip their latest album as being no Exile, but the fact of the matter is that even getting the chance to see them on a bad night is something the next generation could only dream of. Give the boys, particularly Ronnie, a break and enjoy it while it lasts!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 3, 2005 22:26

I work a lot with the Sami people, among whome arthritis is wide-spread, inherited in many families.
I heard on documentation tapes yesterday there are - and has been for decades - many effective treatments against most stadiums and forms of this disease. But you gotta search the treatments for yourself. I guess Keith had the motivation and the money for it. Its also very significant the worsening periods of it is in the morning or when the suffering person gets up after sleep. At leats the info I got. My grandpa suffered severely from this, but he mostly got overmedication, of which he indirectly and eventually passed away. He was also a musician, and he played his instruments almost until the very end.
And Keith is always Keith. Well treated, arthritis today, mostly, can be dealt with.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home