Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The new LA Forum...
Posted by: tomk ()
Date: October 5, 2013 02:45

For those who like such things. Glad they painted it back to the original color.

[www.contender.com]

Re: The new LA Forum...
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 5, 2013 02:52

Inglewood...Inglewood always up to no good.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: October 5, 2013 03:04

Send It To me

Yeah, mon.

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: October 5, 2013 03:09

My mother and I picked up my sister at the Forum after the L.A. Friday Night show..........I'll never forget looking inside and seeing the fabulous LOTUS STAGE!

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: October 5, 2013 03:19

Saw many shows at The Fabulous Forum back in the '80s and '90s...last time I was there was in 2006 for the Stones. Looking forward to seeing the remodel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-05 03:19 by Jah Paul.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 5, 2013 03:54

Isn't it a mega-church now?

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: October 5, 2013 04:15

71Tele
Isn't it a mega-church now?

Not anymore...Madison Square Garden bought it and refurbished.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: October 5, 2013 04:18

Saw them there in '69. I was ten.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 5, 2013 07:09

Saw Sting there in the mid-80s. The place was already getting seedy from it's 1960s grandeur. It still looked great on TV. Saw a couple Laker games there. The sound was lousy at the concert and the sightlines weren't the greatest. It is incredible the variety and quality of venues here in L.A. I'm hoping to see Jeff Beck with Brian Wilson at the Greek in a few weeks.

We recently lost what was once the Universal Amphitheatre, which was also a great mid-size place to see a concert. The Wiltern is classy, and of course the Hollywood Bowl on a summer night. Staples is cold, soulless and the sound bounces off concrete. Maybe they've renovated the sound at the Forum.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: October 5, 2013 18:19

Just noticed the banner (Stones lips & tongue) on the right in www.contender.com, on the right, 'Buying..Selling' "Negotiate with other fans..."......Instead of the tongue there is a US dollar banknote,

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 5, 2013 19:06

Site of my first Stones show. Drove across the desert from Phoenix with my friends in a Chrysler 300 convertible. As someone pointed out, walking into the arena and seeing the lotus stage was something I'll never forget.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 5, 2013 19:13

RUSH live at the Inglewood Forum...pressed up against Alex's side of the stage obnoxious enough for him to come and high five me...I behaved after that...

Limelight blew my mind open...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 5, 2013 19:18

TeddyB1018
Saw them there in '69. I was ten.

You're still young then smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 5, 2013 23:09

Saw many shows there, including Cream, but aside from the Stones, one of the most memorable shows was in September of 1969. My girlfriend and I went to see Steppenwolf. However, Three Dog Night stole the show (their performance later was made into an album, "Three Dog Night Captured Live at the Forum). So, during Steppenwolf's set, we went outside and walked around the streets outside the Forum (barefoot, I might add). I cannot imagine doing that now, the area has become so dangerous. But, back then, either we were oblivious to any dangers or it just hadn't become what it now is.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 6, 2013 00:11

DaveG
Saw many shows there, including Cream, but aside from the Stones, one of the most memorable shows was in September of 1969. My girlfriend and I went to see Steppenwolf. However, Three Dog Night stole the show (their performance later was made into an album, "Three Dog Night Captured Live at the Forum). So, during Steppenwolf's set, we went outside and walked around the streets outside the Forum (barefoot, I might add). I cannot imagine doing that now, the area has become so dangerous. But, back then, either we were oblivious to any dangers or it just hadn't become what it now is.

I first came to L.A. in the summer of 1972. We walked barefoot up and down Hollywood Boulevard. I was there yesterday and I can't imagine doing the same in this day and age.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 6, 2013 00:25

24FPS
DaveG

I first came to L.A. in the summer of 1972. We walked barefoot up and down Hollywood Boulevard. I was there yesterday and I can't imagine doing the same in this day and age.

You two need to put your darned shoes on...

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: October 6, 2013 23:41

Thanks for posting this. As a grad of Inglewood Hi way back when, I have many memories (musical and basketball) about that building. Saw the Stones there three times ('69, '72 and '73). Also saw the great Bill Russell's last game as the Celtics broke the Lakers heart...again. Then there was the Magic/Kareem era. Boy, THAT was fun! It was an easy place for us to sneak into when it first opened. I remember it being a bassy sounding building. For basketball the seating did not put you on top of the game. But I will tell you...I do not like Staples. You are sitting in a pit. Too many levels dividing the crowd for my taste. The Forum was less corporate. That is what dates it. Anyway, glad to see its revival. I hope it makes it.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: October 7, 2013 06:12

tomk
Send It To me

Yeah, mon.

thumbs up Used to work across the street at Hollywood Park,

Date: October 7, 2013 06:26

"They're off and running at Hollywood Park . . .". And, announcing the race, Gil Stratton.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: October 7, 2013 07:01

DaveG
"They're off and running at Hollywood Park . . .". And, announcing the race, Gil Stratton.

While I was there it was Jim Beyers but he left shortly after for Remington Park. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-07 07:03 by owlbynite.

Date: October 7, 2013 07:49

Well, actually, maybe Gil didn't announce, but he was a fixture at HP and Santa Anita.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home