Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What to do with all that money ?
Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: September 30, 2013 15:12

I think the Stones have the most faithfull fans of all the bands out there.
Why wait to tour again untill they have made the best deal ?
Don't we deserve a last great half year or so of the Stones live ?
And with low ticket prices so ALL the fans, not only the rich ones, can come and fill up the stadiums.
And why do they need the money anyway ?
I don't think that tey heav to think twice to buy a whole bread or a half smileys with beer

Re: What to do with all that money ?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 30, 2013 18:28

The Stones do not need to tour anymore because they have enough money to buy hamburgers for the rest of their life. But they are grandfathers and they want to take care of their family so may be they do not want to see all their grandchildren eating burgers all their life as well.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 30, 2013 18:31

i got so much money but i spend it so fast (when the whip comes down)Jagger/ Richards

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 30, 2013 18:55

Seems like they've wrestled with this tough issue before...

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: September 30, 2013 20:15

They remind me of the four yorkshiremen by now.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 30, 2013 20:34

Hah! ^ thumbs up

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 30, 2013 23:05

All that money?

...I really don't know, I really don't know...what to do.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: September 30, 2013 23:26

Give a few free concerts and include iorrians in the VIP list in small venues.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: September 30, 2013 23:31

bv
The Stones do not need to tour anymore because they have enough money to buy hamburgers for the rest of their life. But they are grandfathers and they want to take care of their family so may be they do not want to see all their grandchildren eating burgers all their life as well.
Bjornulf, I see that the first thing you have in mind when talking about food is hamburger, I am happy living in France.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 1, 2013 00:55

For decades record buyers and concert goers have shown comparatively little interest for their most recent material and mostly craved their older hits. That contributed to make the warhorse phenomenon. It deprived the band from the major incentives to have continued musical development remain their prime goal of success. Instead money income became an important success parameter. The majority of the Stones aficionados can to a certain extent, I think, blame ourselves for the money motive of the band. Not being so important in itself, it has become a major criterion of success for them.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 1, 2013 01:53

Yes, in the music business, record sales and concert grosses, are how success is measured.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 1, 2013 09:18

They could buy the world with all the money they have. And as good as some of their tours have been, they will never not do it unless money is involved at the start. The sooner you accept that as a fan the sooner you won't be disappointed by things that will never happen.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 1, 2013 09:29

stonesrule
Yes, in the music business, record sales and concert grosses, are how success is measured.

I don't say that they should be against earning a rather large money income. However, then a particular money motive is all the same primarily a criterion of success and much less springs out of a special greed, as often is alleged.

On the other hand, the ambition to be musical creative involves incentives that more or less have been taken away from them by little interest in new material from the world, an ambition which could have served to balance the money motive.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 1, 2013 10:10

See the video below at the 11:00 mark.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 1, 2013 11:18

...Send it to me .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 1, 2013 12:36

Witness
stonesrule

I don't say that they should be against earning a rather large money income. However, then a particular money motive is all the same primarily a criterion of success and much less springs out of a special greed, as often is alleged.

On the other hand, the ambition to be musical creative involves incentives that more or less have been taken away from them by little interest in new material from the world, an ambition which could have served to balance the money motive.

Artitistically they've for many years been victims of their own success.
[Not sure how much sympathy is in order for that though ;^) ]

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: October 7, 2013 07:11

Rockman
...Send it to me .....
thumbs up I'd find something to do with it!

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: October 7, 2013 07:21

HappyRambler
I think the Stones have the most faithfull fans of all the bands out there.
Why wait to tour again untill they have made the best deal ?
Don't we deserve a last great half year or so of the Stones live ?
And with low ticket prices so ALL the fans, not only the rich ones, can come and fill up the stadiums.
And why do they need the money anyway ?
I don't think that tey heav to think twice to buy a whole bread or a half smileys with beer

I agree.

Now I will hold my breath untill it happens.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home