Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

12/12/12 concert doc
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 4, 2013 10:10

The 12/12/12 people tweeted thusly tonight:

Exciting news: 12-12-12 behind the scenes documentary coming to movie theaters 11/1/13 - amazing backstage scenes from the historic concert.

Which is apparently different from the DVD of the show. And may or may not contain Stones footage.

Re: 12/12/12 concert doc
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 4, 2013 12:17

The constant begging of money for New York is bugging me. The richest city in the world, home to many of the biggest corporate entities. Why don't they part with some of their robber baron, obscene profits & ante up to help more with the cleanup. The devastation after Katrina was much more horrific & there is still a lot that should be done in New Orleans. The difference is Katrina affected a less affluent segment of society that has to get by without a gigantic publicity/propaganda machine. Don't get me wrong, the damage from Sandy was bad. Just giving everybody something to think about. You may or may not agree with me & that's fine. I'm getting old & surly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-04 22:52 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: October 4, 2013 17:56

Agree

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 4, 2013 18:08

In retrospect though, I am happy The Stones played this show, I think it was good for everyone. It will interesting to see how the doc turns out.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 4, 2013 22:46

I don't have a problem with people in need getting help of course. Like you CRH, my issue is more around the proportion of help that gets doled out to more 'favoured' locations, like NYC, or even Japan after the tsunami/Fukushimu disaster.

Emergency assistance is one thing, but Japan is a wealthy country. Doing fundraisers for Japan (Keith's donation from T-shirt sales - gimme a break), when disasters in other parts of the world, Haiti, Bangladesh, ANYWHERE in Africa aren't getting it, or getting too little of it...I mean they really need it.

I just have an issue when aid is more of a popularity contest with respect to how it's distributed than helping people that are decimated.

Date: October 5, 2013 11:14

I live in Louisiana and spend way more time in New Orleans than NYC, I'm totally for Katrina relief. And Haiti, and all those other places. Just posted this to make folks aware of the film, that's all.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 5, 2013 11:37

Aquamarine
I live in Louisiana and spend way more time in New Orleans than NYC, I'm totally for Katrina relief. And Haiti, and all those other places. Just posted this to make folks aware of the film, that's all.
My rant was in no way aimed at you. It had been building up for awhile. I was just trying to get people to think. Hope I didn't offend. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-05 14:42 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 5, 2013 17:12

crholmstrom
Aquamarine
My rant was in no way aimed at you. It had been building up for awhile. I was just trying to get people to think. Hope I didn't offend. smiling smiley

Yeah, me too Aqua! Just off on a tangent!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 5, 2013 17:59

Wish it was at a theater near me.

Couldn't score a ticket, outside of the Garden. Ended up chilling, across the street. Found a nice little nook outside of a building. There was a big screen showing the concert, right in front of me. A bunch of others were doing the same. Turned out to be a fun time and a memorable one too!

Witness some paparazzi in action. eye popping smiley Still don't know what to make of it. Any paparazzi docs? Odd and savage people, but then again who am I to judge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-05 17:59 by MingSubu.

Date: October 6, 2013 00:41

No offense taken, folks, I even agree with you. smiling smiley The thread had just taken a direction I hadn't expected!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-06 01:19 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 6, 2013 01:15

MingSubu
Wish it was at a theater near me.

Couldn't score a ticket, outside of the Garden. Ended up chilling, across the street. Found a nice little nook outside of a building. There was a big screen showing the concert, right in front of me. A bunch of others were doing the same. Turned out to be a fun time and a memorable one too!

Witness some paparazzi in action. eye popping smiley Still don't know what to make of it. Any paparazzi docs? Odd and savage people, but then again who am I to judge.

This reminds me of one time I was in LA and dragged my friend down to Staples center to see a first round Lakers playoff game, which I thought would be easy and low priced (FIRST ROUND!) so I said I would pay for tickets.... but when we got down there.... HOLY MOLY!!! not only were tickets hard to come by, but they were priced at $500.00+++ each... OUCH!!!

So we wound going to back to the bar we always went to and watched it with a bunch of our friends who obviously are Lakers fans... and I think we wound up having more fun there than we would have at the game itself... AND even after buying many many drinks for my friends (I had counted the money as spent on tickets anyway) I went home with pocket full of cash... and saw the game. So somtimes, if it is on TV, one can more fun not going and having a pocket full of cash.... oh and I never bugged my friend about "Lets go to a Lakers game" again, so he is happy about that.

anyway..... I mainly meant to answer your paparazzi doc question. I have never seen it, but I know that guy from Enourage, Adrian Grenier, made a paparazzi doc [www.imdb.com] , if you watch it let us know how it was.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-06 01:20 by Max'sKansasCity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1134
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home