Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Happy 25th, Talk Is Cheap!
Posted by: Somegirl66 ()
Date: October 5, 2013 09:20

My husband (who was my platonic roommate in 88) just came across his 25 year old TIC Cassette tape a few weeks ago. Need to pop into the ol' ghetto blaster and listen.
I guess comparing cassette to vinyl & cd will be between a rock and a hard place..(:

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 5, 2013 17:11

Somegirl66
My husband (who was my platonic roommate in 88) just came across his 25 year old TIC Cassette tape a few weeks ago. Need to pop into the ol' ghetto blaster and listen.
I guess comparing cassette to vinyl & cd will be between a rock and a hard place..(:

Methinks thou dost protest too much

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 5, 2013 17:51

...... awww well the cats done some work since 88....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 5, 2013 18:13

crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
duke richardson
treaclefingers
duke richardson
talk is cheap. main offender..both albums are solid efforts. I think Keith shows his vocals and arranging abilities to be fine and unique.

love the backing vocals on both albums too

time for a third!

I'm just going to have to disagree....some good.material but a definite 'step down'
Oh ...
Well in that case, Keith just don't bother with that third one..

...maybe too late!

If you consider that it's technically been an ENTIRE GENERATION that's gone by since his last solo outing, I think we could probably afford to give the man one more crack at it. Maybe he's come up with some new material in the last 20+ years?!

I would love to hear him do an album of covers of the music he loves! Country, blues, reggae, Hoagy Carmichael...whatever moves him. Throw it in a blender & see what comes out. My money says it would be very interesting & quite good!

Well...do that and have maybe Charlie guest on drums, Ronnie on guitar and what the hell, Mick 'F*CKING' Jagger on vocals...then I think you'd really have something interesting!
Mick wouldn't do it because he'd have to give up the songwriting royalties.

Back to your corners you two...no more Seattle on Canada violence...
Canada doesn't understand the magnificent Keith Richards...those bastards tried to hang him once...Institute For The Blind? I say Deaf...

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 5, 2013 18:28

I love this record!
Much better than Mick's solo albums.

Date: October 5, 2013 18:41

OK, I just realized I have two copies of this on vinyl, one opened one sealed.

I will be listening to the vinyl today!

Date: October 5, 2013 18:59

steffiestones
I love this record!

Where do I send you a sturdy hand shake?

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 5, 2013 19:16

Munichhilton
steffiestones
I love this record!

Where do I send you a sturdy hand shake?

Right here! winking smiley

Posted by: Night Manager ()
Date: October 5, 2013 19:17

I was just thinking of it today, not knowing it turned 25. Rick Derringer: "It could use a few more guitars". End of the Rick/Keith friendship.
Derringer is a huge A-hole, but his work with Johnny Winter is classic. And Rock`n`r hoochie coo is a great song, he did that.
Talk is cheap is wonderful, but I like Main Offender even more.

Date: October 5, 2013 19:21

Night Manager
I was just thinking of it today, not knowing it turned 25. Rick Derringer: "It could use a few more guitars". End of the Rick/Keith friendship.
Derringer is a huge A-hole, but his work with Johnny Winter is classic. And Rock`n`r hoochie coo is a great song, he did that.
Talk is cheap is wonderful, but I like Main Offender even more.

There both incredibly riffy...it's like choosing a favorite beer...

Posted by: Night Manager ()
Date: October 5, 2013 19:50

exactly...Carlsberg or Heineken? San Miguel on tap is a fine one, as I just found out in Andalusia.
On the Main Offender tour, at a show in Cologne, Keith actually sang "how I wish that you were beer again" instead of here again. True! I was there. Was a great show, otherwise.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: October 5, 2013 20:52

Yes, now would Virgin kindly take notice and remaster this masterpiece?

Drew

Date: October 5, 2013 20:54

Does everything have to be remastered? I mean after a certain point in time, isn't the original mastering quite good already?

Or perhaps you're just speaking of rereleasing it?

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: October 5, 2013 21:04

treaclefingers
Does everything have to be remastered? I mean after a certain point in time, isn't the original mastering quite good already?

Or perhaps you're just speaking of rereleasing it?

Although it may sound fine on vinyl, the Talk is Cheap CD sounds cold, flat, and lifeless. It needs a shot in the arm.

Drew

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 5, 2013 21:25

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 5, 2013 21:27

Not a masterpiece but an ok solo album with one great song (take it so hard) and one good song Make no mistake one laid back ok groove Rockawhile. And one kind cool riff in Struggle.

Date: October 6, 2013 01:29

Redhotcarpet

Would it be going out on a limb to suggest they had their perms done by the same stylist?

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: October 6, 2013 08:58

drewmaster
Yes, now would Virgin kindly take notice and remaster this masterpiece?

Drew

God no! All they'll do is make it louder and kill the dynamics of the CD. TIC is one of those albums where you can 'hear the room'... that should never be compromised!

Turn it up and roll off the treble a little bit - that might make things sound a little more cohesive, at least on CD...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 6, 2013 09:42

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 6, 2013 11:16

God, I love Rockawhile.

That is all.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 6, 2013 11:46

Aquamarine
God, I love Rockawhile.

That is all.
>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-06 14:51 by crholmstrom.

Date: October 6, 2013 11:49

Munichhilton
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
duke richardson
treaclefingers
duke richardson
talk is cheap. main offender..both albums are solid efforts. I think Keith shows his vocals and arranging abilities to be fine and unique.

time for a third!

I'm just going to have to disagree....some good.material but a definite 'step down'
Oh ...

...maybe too late!

If you consider that it's technically been an ENTIRE GENERATION that's gone by since his last solo outing, I think we could probably afford to give the man one more crack at it. Maybe he's come up with some new material in the last 20+ years?!

I would love to hear him do an album of covers of the music he loves! Country, blues, reggae, Hoagy Carmichael...whatever moves him. Throw it in a blender & see what comes out. My money says it would be very interesting & quite good!

Well...do that and have maybe Charlie guest on drums, Ronnie on guitar and what the hell, Mick 'F*CKING' Jagger on vocals...then I think you'd really have something interesting!

Canada doesn't understand the magnificent Keith Richards...those bastards tried to hang him once...Institute For The Blind? I say Deaf...
Haha! I'll just go out & try & find some back bacon for breakfast to go with my Molson's. Oh, wait..I'm in Seattle.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-06 14:50 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 6, 2013 14:39

Aquamarine
God, I love Rockawhile.

That is all.

I could have stood me up makes me laugh...tsk, tsk, Keith.

Date: October 6, 2013 17:46

crholmstrom
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
duke richardson
treaclefingers
duke richardson

time for a third!

Oh ...

...maybe too late!

Haha! I'll just go out & try & find some back bacon for breakfast to go with my Molson's. Oh, wait..I'm in Seattle.smileys with beer

It's only a 2 hour drive to Vancouver though...you can probably smell the bacon that I've got on the grill for breakfast.

Date: October 6, 2013 18:36

treaclefingers
crholmstrom
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
duke richardson
treaclefingers
duke richardson

time for a third!

Oh ...

...maybe too late!

It's only a 2 hour drive to Vancouver though...you can probably smell the bacon that I've got on the grill for breakfast.
My Canadian side (Mom) is salivating at the very thought!grinning smiley

Date: October 6, 2013 19:44

crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
duke richardson
treaclefingers
duke richardson

time for a third!

Oh ...

...maybe too late!

Hope you made enough for all of us T

Date: October 6, 2013 19:45

Munichhilton
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
duke richardson
treaclefingers
duke richardson

time for a third!

Oh ...

...maybe too late!

we bake it in the oven actually...it's almost done!

I've had a big bowl of oatmeal already, which is very heart friendly, understanding completely the damage I'm about to do.

Date: October 6, 2013 20:55

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
duke richardson
treaclefingers
duke richardson

time for a third!

Oh ...

...maybe too late!

I've had a big bowl of oatmeal already, which is very heart friendly, understanding completely the damage I'm about to do.

Canadian bacon isnt fortified with Vitamins and Minerals?
Shame...

I had cold pizza for brekky...

Date: October 6, 2013 21:06

Redhotcarpet
Not a masterpiece but an ok solo album with one great song (take it so hard) and one good song Make no mistake one laid back ok groove Rockawhile. And one kind cool riff in Struggle.

You forgot You Don't Move Me, Whip It Up and How I Wish. Not to mention the beautiful Locked Away.

Date: October 6, 2013 22:35

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
duke richardson
treaclefingers
duke richardson

time for a third!

Oh ...

...maybe too late!

Canadian bacon isnt fortified with Vitamins and Minerals?
Shame...

I had cold pizza for brekky...

Could you use a lemon squeezer?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home