Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Can you erase your smoking history?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 14, 2013 18:21

Rockman
...I only smoke during intercourse....HHheeHA

So when did you stop smoking?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 14, 2013 20:59

owlbynite
Max'sKansasCity

a science place which had a display of real human lungs, non-smokers next to smoker....

my elem. school was shown similar lung pics to scare the hell out of us! eye popping smiley

thumbs up yup...

and added to that is how the cigarette comapanies are basically laughing at all of their customers, all of the people who buy their product knowing full well it is bad for them, but keep buying them anyway.

Posted by: hypnohighball ()
Date: December 15, 2013 05:15

treaclefingers
Rockman
...I only smoke during intercourse....HHheeHA

So when did you stop smoking?

He never started. winking smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 15, 2013 13:52

I quite 8 years ago, and I still miss them. I was foolish enough to smoke on top of a vile flu, and the cough tore the lining of my lungs. I was off work for three weeks, and can remember the night I finally threw the packet of Marlboro Lights away, as Day of The Jackal (Edward Fox version) was on BBC1. I sat up all night, fearing I'd given myself lung cancer, and had an emergency appointment with the doctors the next day. My doctor was over the moon as I had "frightened" myself into not smoking. I still chew the tops of biros, and bite my fingers, missing the smokes.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 15, 2013 14:53

tomcasagranda
I quite 8 years ago, and I still miss them. I was foolish enough to smoke on top of a vile flu, and the cough tore the lining of my lungs. I was off work for three weeks, and can remember the night I finally threw the packet of Marlboro Lights away, as Day of The Jackal (Edward Fox version) was on BBC1. I sat up all night, fearing I'd given myself lung cancer, and had an emergency appointment with the doctors the next day. My doctor was over the moon as I had "frightened" myself into not smoking. I still chew the tops of biros, and bite my fingers, missing the smokes.

Thanks for the nice post. I have a friend at work who switched to vaporize or electric Cigs. He smoked them for two weeks. A few weeks later he announced that he had quit smoking. Unfortunately, I saw him smoking a regular cig just the other day. It's his business and I said nothing. He is a freind just the same.

Here is my point - Nicotine is a very powerful drug, which can sneak up on any previous smoker at any given time. It's no big deal; as I said previously, do everything in moderation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-15 15:15 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 15, 2013 20:30

Chris Fountain
tomcasagranda

Thanks for the nice post. I have a friend at work who switched to vaporize or electric Cigs. He smoked them for two weeks. A few weeks later he announced that he had quit smoking. Unfortunately, I saw him smoking a regular cig just the other day. It's his business and I said nothing. He is a freind just the same.

Give him time, don't judge him, and he'll give up. Most people give up, not from nagging, due to a fright, or a shock. I never criticise people who smoke, and I never preach at them either. Shifting the weight after quitting is another matter entirely.

Here is my point - Nicotine is a very powerful drug, which can sneak up on any previous smoker at any given time. It's no big deal; as I said previously, do everything in moderation.

Date: December 15, 2013 20:31

Sorry, I made a horlicks of your post, Chris Fountain. Mea culpa.

Give him time, don't judge him, and he'll give up. Most people give up, not from nagging, due to a fright, or a shock. I never criticise people who smoke, and I never preach at them either. Shifting the weight after quitting is another matter entirely.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 15, 2013 23:09

Marhsall
Interesting post!

Coincidently, this is my 14TH day NOT smoking!! 2 full weeks!
After seeing the above I'm glad I did quit!

Good for you, Marhsall!!

I quite only once because I never wanted to go through doing that again.
I was up to 2.5 packs a day when I quit, or 50 cigs/day, low tar, but still.

I still miss it but I think I'd have more health problems now. <cough cough>

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: December 15, 2013 23:45

Most of you probably already know about Champix the magical quit smoking pill thats been available for a while now. Great invention and because of it's help I managed to quit a 31yr habit no problem.
You just take as prescribed while still smoking as much as you like. Then one day after the cig's have already tasted like crap for a week or two you just decide I don't need this any more and you quit. No more cravings or anything and it still seem's unreal how easy it was to quit. I'm not the only one either as both my brother his gf and others around me have stopped and not one of us has any plans of starting again.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 16, 2013 08:50

- Erase What?

2 1 2 0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-16 08:51 by Come On.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 16, 2013 19:17

treaclefingers
JamesPhelge00
I stopped smoking for just a day - that was about 4 years ago and haven't smoked since. That doesn't mean I won't smoke again if I feel like it.

Hate the the types who say - I only go down the pub twice a year because the bar is full of smoke. What they really mean is - I only go down the pub twice a year because I don't drink.

A lot of the pubs have closed due to lack of trade since the smoking ban - where are all those deprived drinkers who never smoked - who should be filling the pubs?? Probably now busy trying to stop people drinking.

I wonder how many Politically Correct non smokers would be first in line to spend some time with Keith Richards...

P

[bit.ly]

They did this in Vancouver, banning smoking in pubs/restaurants/clubs several years ago. Lots of initial backlash but it's all back to normal now.

I think it's kind of like taking a transatlantic flight. You smoke 3 cigarettes moments before you board, drink heavy on the plane, and the moment you get your baggage on the other side, you head for the outside to light up another 3.

Ever think of buying some Nicotine gum/patches to tide you over?
I did this 12 years ago and ended up using the gum for two years and haven't smoked since..........(too late though, emphysema still got me.......and now my 28 year smoking history eats my future

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-18 00:24 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Des ()
Date: December 16, 2013 23:56

owlbynite
Does weed count? winking smiley

I had a nasty cough a while back and coughed up some blood, so off to a lung tech for a capasity test. After he asked if I smoked cigs and I replied no but have smoked pot for 45 years,he mentioned some very interesting facts. He was praising the use of vapourizers because he specificaly targeted the smoke as the problem not the many chemicals in either habit. He said the largest target groups for lung cancer are women in third world countries who cook with fire and sedintary folks who smoke. Turns out my lung capasity exceeded what was normal for my age and weight which suprized the tech. He then asked if I was physicaly active, which I am, and he suggested that was what had kept me out of trouble. Suggested a good oxygen turnaround fixes many an ailment.

I have noticed a huge difference now that I use the vaporizer in my general health.

Posted by: Des ()
Date: December 17, 2013 00:09

And on the hypnotherapy angle. I trained as a hypnotherapist back in the early eighties. This works very well with smoking however you have to be in a mindset you want to quit. This is a tool to help you with your own desires, not to hex you to act like a chicken whom of course do not smoke smiling smiley The biggest hurdle is what others put on you, you brain works quite literaly. So if you say to yourself I'm quitting smoking your brain says I'm still a smoker then. But declare out loud you are suddenly a non smoker and your friends think you are crazy and you are pressured.

Ive done some nasty stuff like making the cigs taste like burning rubber, very funny to watch that first light up after that suggestion. The other great one is asking the smoker to remember their first smoke, the dizzyness, the nausia. Then you suggest that nothing has changed with the cig so you should get sick, they do the next few times they try.......just a sick hypnotists sence of humour. Just remember they can not make you do anything you would not normaly do, so they can not make you like Rain Fall Down.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: December 17, 2013 00:19

I just fell off the wagon after 5 years. Sucks. ANyway Jan 1st I will try again.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 17, 2013 14:50

Des
And on the hypnotherapy angle. I trained as a hypnotherapist back in the early eighties. This works very well with smoking however you have to be in a mindset you want to quit. This is a tool to help you with your own desires, not to hex you to act like a chicken whom of course do not smoke smiling smiley The biggest hurdle is what others put on you, you brain works quite literaly. So if you say to yourself I'm quitting smoking your brain says I'm still a smoker then. But declare out loud you are suddenly a non smoker and your friends think you are crazy and you are pressured.

Ive done some nasty stuff like making the cigs taste like burning rubber, very funny to watch that first light up after that suggestion. The other great one is asking the smoker to remember their first smoke, the dizzyness, the nausia. Then you suggest that nothing has changed with the cig so you should get sick, they do the next few times they try.......just a sick hypnotists sence of humour. Just remember they can not make you do anything you would not normaly do, so they can not make you like Rain Fall Down.

Ha, too late.....>grinning smiley<....you know of course it's a fallacy Mick went to the LSE, it was really the LS(Hypnotherapists...........cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-17 14:51 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: December 17, 2013 23:28

rob51
Most of you probably already know about Champix the magical quit smoking pill thats been available for a while now. Great invention and because of it's help I managed to quit a 31yr habit no problem.
You just take as prescribed while still smoking as much as you like. Then one day after the cig's have already tasted like crap for a week or two you just decide I don't need this any more and you quit. No more cravings or anything and it still seem's unreal how easy it was to quit. I'm not the only one either as both my brother his gf and others around me have stopped and not one of us has any plans of starting again.

Congrats, that's wonderful. I know a woman who smoked even longer than you and was able to quit with no problem because of this medications. For me, it only made me want to kill myself. Weird how chemistry works.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 18, 2013 00:04

Claire_M
rob51

Congrats, that's wonderful. I know a woman who smoked even longer than you and was able to quit with no problem because of this medications. For me, it only made me want to kill myself. Weird how chemistry works.

I know half a dozen people who have used Champix to quit( one of these being a close relative,the others being work mates).All of them said to me that they experienced extreme mood swings,some to the point of rage and violence.I totally acknowledge that what works for some people may not work for others,and at the end of the day,the goal is to quit regardless of how it is achieved.I spoke to my GP recently,and the first thing he mentioned was champix( I said No Way).I ended up with a script for "patches".

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 18, 2013 15:50

Anyone here 'vape', or has anyone heard of 'vaping'? It's seemingly all the rage amongst some. The practice is a little similar to using e-cigarettes, but with liquid-based substances that comes in many different flavours. The water-vapor production is supposedly very good. It could be a healthier alternative to tobacco, or, it could lead to youngsters getting hooked on nicotine.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: December 20, 2013 07:51

Des
owlbynite
Does weed count? winking smiley

I had a nasty cough a while back and coughed up some blood, so off to a lung tech for a capasity test. After he asked if I smoked cigs and I replied no but have smoked pot for 45 years,he mentioned some very interesting facts. He was praising the use of vapourizers because he specificaly targeted the smoke as the problem not the many chemicals in either habit. He said the largest target groups for lung cancer are women in third world countries who cook with fire and sedintary folks who smoke. Turns out my lung capasity exceeded what was normal for my age and weight which suprized the tech. He then asked if I was physicaly active, which I am, and he suggested that was what had kept me out of trouble. Suggested a good oxygen turnaround fixes many an ailment.

I have noticed a huge difference now that I use the vaporizer in my general health.

An ENT doctor recommended vaporizer to me & effects of moisture in air. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 22, 2013 17:18

I just picked this up. A very solid product that I highly recommend.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 22, 2013 17:53

The answer is, alas, NO. But it's always good to stop smoking, no matter how long one has smoked.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: December 23, 2013 06:41

I know klrkcr and I was worried about the mood swing thing as well. Never did happen to me though although I did have some sleeping problems for a while and some fairly nasty nightmares. My brothers worst side effect was a dream in which he couldn't find any cabbage at the local safeway and he felt the side effects rumors were way overrated. If your a well grounded person to begin with I doubt Champix would be too much for you. Just take as directed and watch the booze intake while on the medication and you'll most likely be just fine.

OT: Vaporizers
Date: December 24, 2013 21:27

*For tobacco and tobacco blends*

Anyone use one?
What kind do you have? Keep at home, or portable? Any issues?
Vape Pro/Cons that you may have?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-25 19:14 by MingSubu.

Re: OT: Vaporizers
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 24, 2013 21:37

Used them for a long while now...use Rok Legend for nicotine and Magic Flight for herbs. Magic flight is a brilliant piece of kit...real piece of workmanship and pretty effective for a portable device. Looking to invest in a larger table based system in the very near future....vaping is the future, healthier, more economical and a better hit. Just make sure you get powerful batteries with protable devices.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 24, 2013 21:43

crumbling_mice
Used them for a long while now...use Rok Legend for nicotine and Magic Flight for herbs. Magic flight is a brilliant piece of kit...real piece of workmanship and pretty effective for a portable device. Looking to invest in a larger table based system in the very near future....vaping is the future, healthier, more economical and a better hit. Just make sure you get powerful batteries with protable devices.

Been at the Magic Flight? protable devices.winking smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 24, 2013 22:03

crholmstrom
crumbling_mice

Been at the Magic Flight? protable devices.winking smiley

>grinning smiley<

Date: December 24, 2013 22:23

*For tobacco and tobacco blends*

I picked up a Ploom Pax, while on vacation. I'm loving it. Rock solid and easy to clean. Has some cool features too. A Li-ion battery fully charged lasted 2 days. Still had a charge, but was flashing red. Then I recharged it. I was curious to how long it lasted.

[www.ploom.com]

The user manual details the features. Above just list what comes with it.
[www.ploom.com]

Mine.

Looking at a Volcano for home use.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-25 19:14 by MingSubu.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 24, 2013 23:58

Nothing flashy. Got if for like $80 bucks. It's a little wooden box with a temperature controlled heating core, corning glass and plastic hookah pipe. I don't find it as economical. I rarely use it now. With so many medical marijuana stores in California you can find a wide range of edibles. Edibles get one thoroughly stoned for a long time. There's no 'Hey, what happened? I'm not high anymore'.

Cheeba Chew is a product somewhat like a tootsie roll, with 4 doses per roll. It comes in Sativa, Hybrid, or Kush. And my local store gives out free Kush cookies on Friday night.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 25, 2013 00:11

Sick of the ridiculous cost of cigarettes in Canada and the U.K. I'll definitely be investing in one of these cool vaporizing toys in the new year! Going by the You Tube clips I've viewed, the vapor production is unbelievable with some model. Was never too taken with the e-cigarettes, though the e-cigars and pipes look fun.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: December 25, 2013 15:19

Real men don't use the vaporizer when smoking the ganja bush, we stick to the bong.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home