Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Voodoo Brew/Hoodoo Scrounge
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 27, 2005 19:31

I just started listening to these discs. VB is 4 discs of VL sessions and HS is 1 disc from VL sessions. VB has 1 disc of just keith and his acoustic guitar. I always thought that Voodoo Lounge was a pretty good disc but after listening to these discs I've developed a new appreciation for VL.

It's always cool to hear outtakes and session work become an album. You get an appreciation for songs maybe you didn.t care for. I found that with Sweethearts Together. As you listen to the song develop, you start to enjoy it more. Brand New Car is also cool to listen to. There is one track where Mick and another vocalist (Bernard?) are doing a duet and it's a great version. The work up of Thru and Thru is interesting as well.

There is also a blues number, I think called So Long (I can't find my artwork). Great song. Good slide by Woody.

Keith's disc on VB is something every Stones fan should own...some really interesting stuff on it.

I highly recommend these discs to people who either love VL or can't decide on it.

It's sort of like the Alternate DW disc. If you listen to it, you develop a new appreciation for DW.

Keith of course is completely straight

Re: Voodoo Brew/Hoodoo Scrounge
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 28, 2005 00:08

With all the extra tracks from the Voodoo sessions The Stones should have given us a ten year anniversary box-set back in 2004.

Yeah it could have been A BIG BOX set with gold lettering... 6CDs of stuff and a picture of Keith's cat Voodoo Lounge as a bonus!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 28, 2005 08:54

Voodoo Brew, Voodoo Stew, Voodoo Residue comes to a total of 10 discs, so you have to make that box just a little bigger Rockman : )!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 28, 2005 09:25

Yeah! Yeah! well 10 CDS then that's fine by me....I just mean't that they could have clean up the best of Brew-Stew-Residue and given us a BIG Voodoo box-set to celibrate the 10year anniversary.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: April 28, 2005 12:57

No way, by the time you take out the repitition and all the studio chatter and created a commercially viable package it would be three discs max. If they couldn't celebrate the release of Sticky, Exile etc they're hardly going to bother with an also ran.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: April 28, 2005 13:38

So what is this 'Hoodoo Scrounge' disc? Is it newly released. I have the Bre/Stew/Residue stuff but haven't heard of HS.

Posted by: wisertime ()
Date: April 28, 2005 14:01

Hoodoo Scrounge is a compilation of VB and VS, all the tracks of this disc are in the box sets I think.

Date: April 28, 2005 22:42

Hi!!
I don't have any sort of Voodoo session disc. Is there some reggae music??
Many thanks

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 28, 2005 23:48

On the discs I have, there is no reggae.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: April 29, 2005 14:21

When I Wear A Crown which the Wingless Angels did is in there but it is not a reggaeish version.

Date: April 29, 2005 16:54

On wich wingless angels album can i find this song??
I've only the wonderful 'Wingless Angels' (1997) with Keith as producer.
thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home