Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 257
Re: "Trouble"
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 08:13

i agree. it's great.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 18, 2015 09:21

The bar certainly has been lowered if this song is considered anything more than a throwaway on any quality album.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 18, 2015 10:58

The most surprising thing about this track is the improvement in his voice, which to my ears over recent years was reaching the point of being unbearable. Having said that, since the Stones emerged in late 2012, Keith has sounded significantly better than he did throughout the entire ABB outing of 2005-2007.
The tune has got its slight melodic moments, but the open tuning thrashing and limp drumming consigns it to mediocrity ... I think Keith has largely run out of ideas.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 11:08

The sound of the drums is just awful. Dull. No snap. Drag the track down for me. Just woeful sounding dull thrack.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 18, 2015 12:58

josepi
Passed the wife test.

...and father test too!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 18, 2015 13:56

I absolutely love the first 15 seconds of cacophony that starts the song! Waddy Wachtel - there you have a guitarist that would rejuvenate the Stones anytime!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 18, 2015 14:18

He has flogged open tuning to death, time to put the axe back into EADGBE and rediscover his song-writing genius, because THIS track does not represent it at all (his song-writing genius that is) !! This track neither does justice to the open tuning which has served him and the Stones in general so unbelievably well over the years with some classic and totally unmistakable songs, nor does it do justice to his abilities to pen a tune.

Just my two cents worth ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 18, 2015 14:32

Agree, not impressed at all...but to be honest...I didn't expect otherwise

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 18, 2015 14:43

Dont like the sound of the drums.
otherwise i like the song, especially the voice and guitars.mainly..i am just happy we get a new song and its rather good.
jeroen

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: July 18, 2015 15:06

[www.sz.de]

In German there is written, too, that the album gets ready in time before the Stones go in studio to record their new album.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: July 18, 2015 15:18

The song grows on you. I love it. Guitars, drums, vocals, everything. Classic Keith, picking up where he left off in 1992/93.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: July 18, 2015 15:33

RobertJohnson
[www.sz.de]

In German there is written, too, that the album gets ready in time before the Stones go in studio to record their new album.

The whole German article was just cobbled together from bits and pieces taken from the Billboard, Rolling Stone and Ultimate Classic Rock websites. It does not include any original reporting/research, so I guess they simply over-interpreted the line "Richards also noted that he's interested in returning to the studio with the Rolling Stones."

Date: July 18, 2015 17:04

The opening guitar riff sort of reminds me of 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking?'.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 17:46

Seems a bit rote to me. Nothing that really grabs me.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 18, 2015 18:21

RollingFreak
Sounds good. A harmless little track that is neither a classic or a trainwreck. Just straight Keith which is pleasant to hear. I could see an album of this getting a bit repetitive, but with 3 or 4 solid songs that are a step above this, with 3 or 4 more at this level and you have a pretty great album from an artist that has no business to still be making music, let alone a solo album, of quality.

The voice of reason! Agree 100%. This is basically a fluffy little pop ditty with some nice guitar-work.

Hoping for something that's more than "harmless" on the album. Perhaps even something brilliant. We'll see ...

Drew

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 18, 2015 18:50

the verses sound really nice, ok chorus

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: July 18, 2015 19:20

I think it sounds ok, certainly a catchy tune. Once I listened to it I couldn't get it out of my mind all day. It's just a classic Keith rocker, not spectacular but definitely much better than 'Doom and Gloom' any day. Can't wait for the rest of the album, it's got promise.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: July 18, 2015 19:29

I actually heard this on the radio yesterday. It was on our local alternative/indie station. Nice to hear Keef solo on the airwaves.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 18, 2015 19:33

Lots and lots of weaving, love it!

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: July 18, 2015 19:44

Nothing special with this one.Just a half finished track

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 18, 2015 20:02

Its so depressing listening to all your horrible comments about Keith.
And they are all wrong.
Just wait until the album comes out.
I will come back to talk on here when the album is released, because i want some of you to eat your words. I have heard the album is fantastic. if you don't like it when you hear it, well you don't like Keith Richards. Bye for now..
One Love smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-19 00:24 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 18, 2015 20:28

keefriffhards
And they are all wrong.
I will come back to talk on here when the album is released, because i want some of you to eat your words. I have heard the album and it is fantastic. if you don't like it when you hear it, well you don't like Keith Richards. Bye for now..
One Love smiling smiley

People have opinions.The song is OK, but waiting 23 years for a new KR solo record makes expectations high.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 18, 2015 20:38

keefriffhards
And they are all wrong.
I will come back to talk on here when the album is released, because i want some of you to eat your words. I have heard the album and it is fantastic. if you don't like it when you hear it, well you don't like Keith Richards. Bye for now..
One Love smiling smiley

confused smiley Considering there are no horrible comments about Keith on this thread, I'm at a loss to understand your post here. Most people like the tune a few people not so much. People are commenting on the song, not the man.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 18, 2015 20:55

I want to know how he "listened" to the album.

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: July 18, 2015 21:00

Thru and Thru
I think it sounds ok, certainly a catchy tune. Once I listened to it I couldn't get it out of my mind all day. It's just a classic Keith rocker, not spectacular but definitely much better than 'Doom and Gloom' any day. Can't wait for the rest of the album, it's got promise.

...but definitely better than "Doom and Gloom"...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA great joke.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 18, 2015 21:21

Before praising the improvement of his voice we should know when this caricature of a song actually was recorded. Maybe it slept in the vaults for years.

The song is indeed very unpleasing but that means not that the whole album has to be in that way. Even Exile and Sti cky Fingers have their unpleasing moments. Maybe the album is not bad at all. Don´t let your hopes die.

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: July 18, 2015 21:29

HMS
Before praising the improvement of his voice we should know when this caricature of a song actually was recorded. Maybe it slept in the vaults for years.

The song is indeed very unpleasing but that means not that the whole album has to be in that way. Even Exile and Sti cky Fingers have their unpleasing moments. Maybe the album is not bad at all. Don´t let your hopes die.

It slept in The Vaults at least since The LICKS Sessions in Paris 2002 when it was called JUST BECAUSE according to TeddyBoy no.?

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 21:42

This was recorded in the last couple of years.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: July 18, 2015 22:08

The opening sounds too much like Gloom and Doom to me. Not terrible! Not great either! Love Keith.

Posted by: 72hotrocks ()
Date: July 18, 2015 22:58

I really want to like it.
The muddy,mushy drums are aweful.The acoustic guitar is also very muddy and buried until the last bit.Waddy does do some nice "weaving."
The lyrics are,shall we say,uninspired.
The overall song structure is downright uninspired:
1 couplet Verse followed by 1 couplet chorus
repeat
lame guitar solo
verse/chorus
"Bridge" yeah,sure,if you say so;no lyrics and just 'placeholding'playing.
Final Verse/Chorus with the 'new' motif for some variety.

I remember when 'Take is so Hard' came out and I couldn't listen enough.I've listened to Trouble now 6-12 times and there just isn't much there.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home