Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 18, 2015 03:57

I would be surprised unless it comes out under the Stones label? I have not seen pictures of them together socializing outside of the tours in years.

Posted by: lucasd4 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 05:48

Brstonesfan

No..doubt MJ has even listened to it..they are not friends, but business partners and have no interaction on a personal level .

Different message board......different username......but same old JOSH aka MR. LAWYER.....the only thing missing is "It's over"

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 18, 2015 06:30

Yep, it sounds like Keith. I honestly didn't think he could still rock like this. Shame on me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-18 06:30 by ryanpow.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 07:16

ryanpow
Yep, it sounds like Keith. I honestly didn't think he could still rock like this. Shame on me.

Legends never fade

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 18, 2015 07:29

Listened to the official audio on YouTube. It's a lot better than I thought it would be. Hell, it's better than the original Winos. With a little more bass it could quite easily have been a new Stones track. The melody is engaging and I can actually see listening to it a couple times. One hell of a lot better than what he brought to the Stones, 'One More Shot'.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 07:58

He brought this one to the Stones too.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: July 18, 2015 09:19

Purchased through Google Play and sounds a lot better than the Rolling Stone link.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 18, 2015 10:57

TeddyB1018
Yes. Heard 'em, don't have 'em to share. It's funny just because this is the one I remember best
of those they didn't finish, and it was nagging me what song Trouble reminded me of, and it turned out to be itself,
which was pointed out to me by someone else who had noticed it. Keith's solo version has been completely recut, of course.

Cool - so is it one Keith originally conceived as something Mick would sing?
As I noted somewhere up there, there's something about the vocal phrasing that's different from what Keith usually does;
on the other hand the melody covers a range that's more Keithlike than Micklike, so ...
so it's an odd little piece. I'd love to hear more about its evolution.

Meanwhile the hook really does what a hook should, doesn't it!
And the ending slays me every time it comes around. Well done Keith!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 18, 2015 11:17

TeddyB1018

I think that You Got it made is better than OMS and Trouble but Keef doesn't consider it!

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 18, 2015 11:37

I like "Trouble", but not as much as comparable earlier efforts like "Take It So Hard" or "Wicked As It Seems" which sounded more original. In any case, Stones and Keith's songs tend to grow on you, when the time passes by.

However, somehow the melody of the chorus of Trouble reminds me of the melody of "Thorn in my Side" by Eurythmics. I don't know if that makes sense, but the answer/reply melodies of every first and second line somehow remind me of it.

Crosseyed Heart
Posted by: Masseolle51 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 21:33

I just bought this from i Tunes and I must say that it is great tune! Great vocals and the guitar work is just fine! Looks promising for the coming album!

Re: Crosseyed Heart
Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: July 17, 2015 21:38

Yea nice to hear Waddy again with the riff master

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:39

Uncut magazine has a preview review of the album.

[www.uncut.co.uk]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:41

And somehow it's not here...

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 18, 2015 14:25

dmay
Uncut magazine has a preview review of the album.

[www.uncut.co.uk]

The reviewer prefers the slower stuff over generic mid tempo rockers. Can't wait to sink into this album cut by cut and share opinions with everyone here(well, almost everyone...haha)

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 18, 2015 14:41

if the uncut review is any indication how this album is going to be for us hardcores, we could be in for a treat. Keith is an inquired taste. These generic mid tempo rockers could be hidden gems that shine after a couple of listens. People forget that both critics and fans hated Exile when it came out. Keith is not a pop artist. To my ears, Trouble sounds more mainstream and catchy to his other songs.
Catchy songs for the most part do not hold up after repeated listens. I'm pretty sure this album will have no gloss or shine like a U2 or Coldplay album, and that my friends i relish in the year 2015.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 18, 2015 15:32

Bought from Amazon.it

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 18, 2015 16:11

Bashlets
if the uncut review is any indication how this album is going to be for us hardcores, we could be in for a treat. Keith is an inquired taste. These generic mid tempo rockers could be hidden gems that shine after a couple of listens. People forget that both critics and fans hated Exile when it came out. Keith is not a pop artist. To my ears, Trouble sounds more mainstream and catchy to his other songs.
Catchy songs for the most part do not hold up after repeated listens. I'm pretty sure this album will have no gloss or shine like a U2 or Coldplay album, and that my friends i relish in the year 2015.

I totally agree with your first three sentences Bashlets. As far as the pop thing two or three pop songs out of 15 is not a bad thing. Keith certainly has that capability if he chooses. In fact I'd like to see a new Stones album include some new pop warhorses!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 18, 2015 16:12

I wonder what the Uncut reviewer heard as blues on the Winos' albums.
It's always intrigued me that the Winos didn't release any blues in the strict sense of the term.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 18, 2015 16:27

KRiffhard
TeddyB1018

I think that You Got it made is better than OMS and Trouble but Keef doesn't consider it!

It's an old demo that he's probably forgot about ... when the voodoo box set comes out with vault recordings, it will be included then.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 18, 2015 22:31

KRiffhard
TeddyB1018

Trouble has YGIM written all over it!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 18, 2015 23:36

Does anyone know what the coupon code is for the Keith store?

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

[store.keithrichards.com]

Posted by: wildhorse76 ()
Date: July 19, 2015 00:09

Crosseyed Heart is up on Amazon UK

[www.amazon.co.uk]

"Trouble"
Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: July 18, 2015 06:08

Just downloaded the first released track from Keith's upcoming album and I love it. My 10 yo son is walking the house singing "trouble is your middle name....." Priceless!

Re: "Trouble"
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 18, 2015 06:44

Sounds good. A harmless little track that is neither a classic or a trainwreck. Just straight Keith which is pleasant to hear. I could see an album of this getting a bit repetitive, but with 3 or 4 solid songs that are a step above this, with 3 or 4 more at this level and you have a pretty great album from an artist that has no business to still be making music, let alone a solo album, of quality.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: July 18, 2015 06:50

Agree with your sentiments entirely RollingFreak!

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 07:11

Compared to 'One More Shot,' 'Infamy,' and 'This Song Is Empty,' this IS almost classic. Thinking positively, 'Crosseyed Heart' might just be able to nudge out Main Offender as Keith's second best solo album. (cue Mick) 'And that's alright...'

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 07:38

I like it. It's a straightforward Keith rocker. Certainly nothing earth-shattering, but a solid track. Keith's voice also sounds surprisingly strong and clear.

I concur with RollingFreak that an entire album done in this style would get tedious very fast. Hopefully he's got some blues, reggae and country-tinged numbers to switch the pace up.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 18, 2015 07:56

I dig it. Tasty guitars. But what is that farty drum sound on the off-beat? Sounds like a deliberately put of tune snare.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: July 18, 2015 08:03

Passed the wife test.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 998
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home