Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Gunface
Posted by: Jagiero ()
Date: April 26, 2005 23:01

It's been a while but i played BTB a lot recently. This album is mediocre. I think Voodoo Lounge is a bit better but there are some great songs on BTB. Gunface for example. I think it's a great song and it's one off the best Stones procuctions over the past twenty years. Great voice and some very good gitarwork. This song is underestimated.

Re: Gunface
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 26, 2005 23:08

A lot of people here don't like this song but I also think its great. The lyrics might be a little different but the guitars really cook in that song. Its loud raunchy and has a great sound to it. Would love to hear it live.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 26, 2005 23:31

I love the song. The theme is great....older man being hung out to dry by a younger woman (been there). The guitars just seem to accentuate Jagger's frustration. The guitar vocal interplay reminds me of Midnight Rambler.

I really liked BTB. I thought it was a really good disc. I'm not so sure they could recreate the mood of Gunface live with the way they played during the Licks tour. You need a real angry sound for this song and I didn;t hear much "angryness" during the Lick's tour.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 26, 2005 23:55

i've kind of gone the other way with it. Although never that impressed with B2B on the whole - initially I was very high on Gunface. In hindsight, it comes off as a little too "polished." I do think RW's slide works well here, though. Strangely enough, I think you can count the number of RW slide solos (studio) on one hand in his entire time with the band. This is a guy who was once called Bonnie Raitt's favorite slide guitarist. Weird.

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: April 27, 2005 00:11

one of their best albums (Btcool smiley

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 27, 2005 01:04

fantastic song! Charlie pushes it up like crazy!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: April 27, 2005 01:18

I hate Gunface. Too easy & typical song to fill in album. BTB best - Anybody , flip, saint, out of control. Rest isn't very good to me .

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: April 27, 2005 05:43

the lp is great ....the track is the best ripper since one hit.....no question.. LUNAR HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!!BURPBELCHBRAAAP!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Date: April 27, 2005 09:59

The song stinks IMHO. Bad sound, bad production, bad guitar (by Jagger), foolish melody lines and... let's forget it!

Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: April 27, 2005 10:47

Out of the the too simple bridge in the song, Gunface is a really great, midtempo Rocker.
B2B is under my Top 5 of all time Stones Records!!!

Date: April 27, 2005 11:16

It's UNDER my top 5 as well smiling smiley

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: April 27, 2005 17:49

Great song from a very good album.

Only downside for me (re "Gunface") is that it could have been spared the last verse, bridge and chorus.
A little too long but otherwise it's great.

Bitching slide sound and playing from Taylor...err sorry I mean OpenG.
No no wait.
I mean Ronnie.

Not in my top 5 (B2cool smiley but it's a really great spin.

Pity some hear don't just sit back and listen sometimes instead of dissecting the album.

Too many complain about its production etc.
But it captures many moods.

"Thief" for eg - those brushes just make me wanna kick back with a really long ciggy and a tall bourbon. Keith's dry vox quietly singing "he ain't gonna like it at all...and that's good".....Stones coolness at its best.

As for "Gunface" - Jagger being a nasty bastard to a really cool funk rock beat.

Does it for me.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Date: April 27, 2005 23:05

no one should misunderestimate the Stones!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home