Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: hope this isn't way too OT- new Van Gogh painting
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: September 13, 2013 11:42

runaway
Greg
runaway
Greg
About the Kröller Muller Museum, Captain Beefheart, a Van Gogh aficionado, is quoted to have said after leaving the museum: 'The real sun, what a dissapointment...'

It is The Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam.
I do have a tape of this interview and its funny to hear the Captain pronouncing Van Gogh! I think the Captain used Dutch oil paint.

Ah, my bad. "Used dutch oil paint" - to paint or to pronounce van Gogh.. ;-)

I do have to listen again to the tape but I do think the Captain was on about " Scheveningen Oil Paint" One of the best in colors but expensive

Cheers

Pronouncing Van Gogh and Scheveningen in one sentence, probably the two most difficult sounds in our beautiful language, would have loved to hear that.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Re: hope this isn't way too OT- new Van Gogh painting
Posted by: runaway ()
Date: September 13, 2013 13:28

Greg
runaway
Greg
runaway
Greg
About the Kröller Muller Museum, Captain Beefheart, a Van Gogh aficionado, is quoted to have said after leaving the museum: 'The real sun, what a dissapointment...'

It is The Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam.
I do have a tape of this interview and its funny to hear the Captain pronouncing Van Gogh! I think the Captain used Dutch oil paint.

Ah, my bad. "Used dutch oil paint" - to paint or to pronounce van Gogh.. ;-)

I do have to listen again to the tape but I do think the Captain was on about " Scheveningen Oil Paint" One of the best in colors but expensive

Cheers

Pronouncing Van Gogh and Scheveningen in one sentence, probably the two most difficult sounds in our beautiful language, would have loved to hear
that.

I just listened to 225 mintues of tapes from the Beefheart/ Co de Kloet interview and music, Beefheart talks about Van Gogh and the Old-Holland oilpaint.
He did not pronounce " Scheveningen ". Old-Holland does stands for " Scheveningenpaint " as well and I have been using them as well over the years.
The interview;

lengthy interview with Don Van Vliet (Captain Beefheart) by Co de. Kloet circa 1993. Broadcast date: August 16, 1993. Dutch Radio.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1266
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home