Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Who do you want to see back together again?
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: September 7, 2013 20:02

Blind Faith - Love to see these guys back together for an album and extensive tour. Maybe have Bill Perks sit in on Bass or if not him, then who?

Love this song - the dual lead guitars towards the end - just great...

Re: Who do you want to see back together again?
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 7, 2013 20:25

THE KINKS!

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: September 7, 2013 20:29

Kinks would be great...

also Rockpile ( Nick Lowe, Dave Edmunds, Billy Bremner, Terry Williams )

and while we're at it, how about the Faces ?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: September 7, 2013 20:38

Ween
Talking Heads

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: September 7, 2013 20:46

Also, I'd like to see Abba perform The Visitors from start to finish, plus the hits.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 7, 2013 21:02

The Police

I miss them like the wind misses the trees

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 7, 2013 21:05

BV and StonesTod.

Gazza came back from self-exile, could ST be far behind?!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 7, 2013 21:10

The Stones (Fred and Barney).

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 7, 2013 21:14

Elvis Costello & The Attractions, not the Impostors.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: September 7, 2013 21:16

'69-'74 Stones (if only for one song, not suggesting Ronnie goes)

Toadies (technically still around but only singer/guitarist is original member)

Tripping Daisy (Wes is dead, but they have Philip)

Violent Femmes

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 7, 2013 21:17

Munichhilton
The Police

Andy Summers recently said he could see the Police getting together again. Which I would love, but only if it was to record new material.

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: September 7, 2013 21:17

They did tour quite recently, around 2008. (Sans Baker. Grech is dead of course.) A DVD, Blue Ray and double CD was released, very interesting stuff.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 7, 2013 21:19

treaclefingers
BV and StonesTod.

It'll never happen. Gazza wants more artistic control and ST won't budge...theres also some distribution and royalty disagreements that run deep...

Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 7, 2013 21:24

Bob Dylan (;-)

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: September 7, 2013 21:26

Faces.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 7, 2013 21:27

Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: September 7, 2013 21:28

Pink Floyd
Genesis with Gabriel and Hackett

Date: September 7, 2013 21:30

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
BV and StonesTod.

It'll never happen. Gazza wants more artistic control and ST won't budge...theres also some distribution and royalty disagreements that run deep...

I think BV and Gazza should let Ronnie StonesTod take the royalties for some for the one-liners that clearly are his lead playing.

It's only fair.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-07 21:59 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 7, 2013 21:57

The Rolling Stones

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 7, 2013 22:00

Rolling Hansie
The Rolling Stones

Who?

Date: September 7, 2013 22:03

leteyer
Pink Floyd

That would be nice! Didn't the original Genesis talk about it a couple of years ago?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 7, 2013 22:03

There are so many people. Blind Faith is a great choice though since ENOUGH are still alive. Agreed that Had To Cry Today is my favorite from them but that whole album is excellent.

Obviously I'd love if original GNR got back together. That would be incredible.

I wouldn't be upset if Led Zeppelin got back together. I'd love to see them, but I did feel their reunion concert was the best way to close out their career. Its possible it would be sad or not as good if they did a full tour.

The Kinks should get back together for one more tour. Get John Dalton on bass and you have a lineup that consists of either originals or longtime members.

Talking Heads as has been mentioned. I would love to see original KISS one time but I have doubts it would even still be good at this point. The original Alice Cooper group to reunite is near the top of my list. Billy Joel and his original band would amazing to see get back together. Dire Straits would be very cool, kind of the same as the Kinks. I'd love to see Electric Light Orchestra do one more tour, even if its basically just Jeff Lynne. Genesis original should also do one last go around if they had it in them. Younger band, but I'd love to see Jet get back together, although I'm sure they will one day. Pink Floyd would have been great before Rick died, now its not worth it IMO. Rod Stewart's original band would be excellent. Triumph reunion would be great for me. Original Whitesnake lineup would be so cool.

Otherwise most people already have done so or are dead so it can't happen at this point.

And of course, the lineup of Jagger, Richards, Taylor, Wood, Wyman, and Watts getting back together would be outstanding and is long overdue.

Date: September 7, 2013 22:06

2000 LYFH
leteyer
Pink Floyd

That would be nice! Didn't the original Genesis talk about it a couple of years ago?

They've talked about it alot and usually Peter Gabriel backs out right when the talks get serious. Either it happens within the next two years (which I seriously doubt) or it never will. Phil Collins has been very public about having back problems and he probably still has a year or two left but after that it would be extremely hard or impossible for him to join.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 7, 2013 22:09

2000 LYFH
Rolling Hansie
The Rolling Stones

Who?

No, not the Who

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 7, 2013 22:11

RollingFreak
There are so many people. Blind Faith is a great choice though since ENOUGH are still alive. Agreed that Had To Cry Today is my favorite from them but that whole album is excellent.

I wouldn't be upset if Led Zeppelin got back together. I'd love to see them, but I did feel their reunion concert was the best way to close out their career. Its possible it would be sad or not as good if they did a full tour.

The Kinks should get back together for one more tour. Get John Dalton on bass and you have a lineup that consists of either originals or longtime members.

Talking Heads as has been mentioned. I would love to see original KISS one time but I have doubts it would even still be good at this point. The original Alice Cooper group to reunite is near the top of my list. Billy Joel and his original band would amazing to see get back together. Dire Straits would be very cool, kind of the same as the Kinks. I'd love to see Electric Light Orchestra do one more tour, even if its basically just Jeff Lynne. Genesis original should also do one last go around if they had it in them. Younger band, but I'd love to see Jet get back together, although I'm sure they will one day. Pink Floyd would have been great before Rick died, now its not worth it IMO. Rod Stewart's original band would be excellent. Triumph reunion would be great for me. Original Whitesnake lineup would be so cool.

Otherwise most people already have done so or are dead so it can't happen at this point.

And of course, the lineup of Jagger, Richards, Taylor, Wood, Wyman, and Watts getting back together would be outstanding and is long overdue.

Might be a quicker read for some of us if you could just list who you wouldn't want next time.

Date: September 7, 2013 22:41

You're right. Your comment was much funnier.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 7, 2013 22:46

Munichhilton
The Police

They DID get back together, just a few years ago. Saw them at Dodger Stadium in L.A. They sucked. Stewart Copeland struggled just to keep up. (And I loved his playing in the 80s). Very lame. The opening act, The Foo Fighters, blew them off the stage.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 7, 2013 22:56

T.C. Matic

Date: September 7, 2013 23:08

RollingFreak

Glen Buxton of the original Alice Cooper band died in 1997.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: September 7, 2013 23:22

Rolling Stones

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1380
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home