Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - The Strypes "Snapshot"
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: September 9, 2013 09:10

Has anyone listened to the new album? Thoughts? I can't download the album here in the U.S.

Re: OT - The Strypes "Snapshot"
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 9, 2013 10:38

Yes ! Got " Snapshot deluxe " , with 3 bonussongs ; Beautiful Delilah, CC Rider and I can tell.

It's a great album,and I'm also glad to hear that such young kids can make very good music !

Gonna see them in Paradiso, Amsterdam, next week !

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: September 9, 2013 12:28

I like em, - makes me smile.
There's hope for the young generations.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 9, 2013 13:22

Just listened to it in the car on the way to work. First impression, I've heard it all before with Dr Feelgood. Second impression - very pleased that today's young musicians are still interested in making great r'n'b. I really hope they can reignite a new r'n'b scene like Dr Feelgood did in 74/75.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-10 15:48 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 9, 2013 23:31

What Silver Dagger said. It's great to see kids playing ass kicking rock and roll. There's hope for the future! thumbs up

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: September 10, 2013 14:33

Been reading some reviews. What is wrong with people? Have any of you read the reviews?

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: September 10, 2013 14:44

They're awful, just a total pastiche/tribute band. Unlike, say, Jack White, they're bringing absolutely nothing new to the genre, all they're doing is recycling their parent's record collections.

Pointless band.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 10, 2013 15:08

WorriedAboutYou
They're awful, just a total pastiche/tribute band. Unlike, say, Jack White, they're bringing absolutely nothing new to the genre, all they're doing is recycling their parent's record collections.

Pointless band.

Even Stones started it all up recycling the blues back in -62....The Strypes is Brilliant! Just look how the guitar-player moves!...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: September 10, 2013 16:00

Ooh, they're from Oirland! And only 16 years old. Adorable.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 10, 2013 16:05

Come On
WorriedAboutYou

Pointless band.

Even Stones started it all up recycling the blues back in -62....The Strypes is Brilliant! Just look how the guitar-player moves!...

giv'em a break, they're 16 years old.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: September 10, 2013 17:00

Good to see some young folks with guitars. I was fearing a future where rock concerts were just people standing on stage playing Guitar Hero. I enjoyed that video. Sure, they look kind of funny playing dress-up. Like I didn't do that when I was their age, or all the Marilyn Manson kids at my school, or the Kurt Cobain look-a-likes. I'm sure some people around here co-opted some Stones style back in the day. Beats all those indie folk/rock bands today who all dress alike, in a style I can only describe as Depression Era School Children. It's the sound that matters though, and I think they're on to something. God forbid the band I was in when I was 16 ever made it onto YouTube, Daniel Tosh would be tearing us to shreds. These young men have their shit together. Good for them.

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: September 10, 2013 21:43

Hi Lien, be sure you're on time at the Paradiso for the support act The Hypnotic Eye. A great band from south London!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2206
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home