Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Who do you want to see back together again?
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 7, 2013 23:29

Deep Purple with Richie Blackmore!

Date: September 7, 2013 23:30

Also Cheap Trick with Bun E Carlos.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 7, 2013 23:32

RollingFreak
You're right. Your comment was much funnier.

Well hardy har har!

Date: September 7, 2013 23:32

And most of all Mick Taylor with The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: September 7, 2013 23:38

frankotero
And most of all Mick Taylor with The Rolling Stones!

As I said before, I want the whole '69-'74 lineup. Bill too, not just Taylor.

Date: September 7, 2013 23:39

Yes, of course I would love to see Bill again too but I think he's gone for good. Hope I'm wrong though.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 7, 2013 23:48

2000 LYFH

Glen Buxton of the original Alice Cooper band died in 1997.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Sadly yes, BUT they managed to perform at the rock and roll hall of fame together, and honestly I think they'd do just fine if they included Steve Hunter on guitar, who has long worked with Alice as well as Lou Reed. He'd be a very respectable replacement and one I don't think people would be upset with. Agreed though it can't be the same without Glen, there is just still enough alive I think it could work.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 7, 2013 23:56

I know it hasn't been that long since the broke up, but I'd love to see REM on tour again.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: September 8, 2013 00:02

GumbootCloggeroo
Also, I'd like to see Abba perform The Visitors from start to finish, plus the hits.

Including all genres of music, that's got to be the biggest group out there that just stopped and never has been tempted back to performing, and have all the originals alive and kicking. They've turned down more money than 99% of bands ever made.

Date: September 8, 2013 00:04

With all due respect I think Steve Hunter is finished with Alice. At least he toured again with him a couple years ago but I think he went a different direction. It was great to see him but I felt he somehow didn't belong with the rest of the band. In my opinion this is Alice's greatest line-up since the original band. Chuck Garric and Glenn Sobel stand out the most for me. Orianthi is great to look at but Ryan Roxie is the better lead guitarist imo and Tommie Hendricksen is pretty great as a rhythm guitarist. Overall a great band.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: September 8, 2013 00:09

RollingFreak
2000 LYFH

[www.independent.co.uk]

Sadly yes, BUT they managed to perform at the rock and roll hall of fame together, and honestly I think they'd do just fine if they included Steve Hunter on guitar, who has long worked with Alice as well as Lou Reed. He'd be a very respectable replacement and one I don't think people would be upset with. Agreed though it can't be the same without Glen, there is just still enough alive I think it could work.

Agreed! Saw the band on the Billion Dollar Babies tour in NY in 1973 (40 years ago - unreal)!

Schools Out has always been a real special album.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 8, 2013 00:12

24FPS
Munichhilton
The Police

I miss them like the wind misses the trees

They DID get back together, just a few years ago. Saw them at Dodger Stadium in L.A. They sucked. Stewart Copeland struggled just to keep up. (And I loved his playing in the 80s). Very lame. The opening act, The Foo Fighters, blew them off the stage.

An amazing amount of audio evidence and press reviews from the June 23rd 2007 Dodger Stadium concert shows you weren't paying attention very closely...I think you may have an undiagnosed case of "Icanttellwhatsgoodanymoreitis"

I saw them all over on that tour and thats why I would like them back at it...they simply astounded everyone with the perfection that is the Police...not the music to graze by that is Sting...

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: September 8, 2013 00:36

Munichhilton
24FPS
Munichhilton
The Police

They DID get back together, just a few years ago. Saw them at Dodger Stadium in L.A. They sucked. Stewart Copeland struggled just to keep up. (And I loved his playing in the 80s). Very lame. The opening act, The Foo Fighters, blew them off the stage.

An amazing amount of audio evidence and press reviews from the June 23rd 2007 Dodger Stadium concert shows you weren't paying attention very closely...I think you may have an undiagnosed case of "Icanttellwhatsgoodanymoreitis"

I saw them all over on that tour and thats why I would like them back at it...they simply astounded everyone with the perfection that is the Police...not the music to graze by that is Sting...

I was there, too, at Dodger Stadium and thought they sounded great.

Date: September 8, 2013 00:50

Jah Paul
Munichhilton
24FPS
Munichhilton
The Police

I was there, too, at Dodger Stadium and thought they sounded great.

I just went back and listened to a bit and you saw one heckuva show...Bed's Too Big is amazing...particularly Stew! Fantastic!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 8, 2013 01:11

Hi Frankotero. I agree with your opinion about Alice's current band. Saw them last year in Vancouver and I'll be seeing them again in a couple months in nearby Abbotsford. All three of his current guitarists are pretty good. Seen Ryan Roxie with Alice a few times now. Never knew who Orianthi was until I saw her with him last year. I wonder why he doesn't have a keyboard player onstage now?
Would like to see Van Halen with Mike Anthony again, get the original lineup back. Wolfie could play rhythm guitar.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: September 8, 2013 01:17

hmm it is either the kinks or Backstreet Boys, close call

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 8, 2013 01:26

2000 LYFH
RollingFreak
2000 LYFH

[www.independent.co.uk]

Agreed! Saw the band on the Billion Dollar Babies tour in NY in 1973 (40 years ago - unreal)!

Schools Out has always been a real special album.

Yup. The original "band" really doesn't get the credit they deserve which is sad. I'd love to see them have that last moment in the spotlight.

And Frank, you aren't wrong about the current band. Honestly, the weakest link is Alice whose voice unfortunately gets a little worse each year. I'd really only pay to see him at this point if he was singing the songs with the people that wrote them, but thats just my two cents.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 8, 2013 01:31

O-A-S-I-S >grinning smiley<

Date: September 8, 2013 01:51

Big Al
O-A-S-I-S >grinning smiley<

+1

That would be something...and due to the almighty dollar I believe it WILL happen thankfully. But I am surprised at how great Noel's solo CD is...Beady Eye ain't great...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 8, 2013 01:55

Adam & Eve .... Bonnie & Clyde ... Tarzan & Jane ....Liz & Dick

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 8, 2013 02:16

Mick and Keith in the studio, Laurel and Hardy in a new film.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: September 8, 2013 02:25

The Jam. I think Weller will eventually come around, but that could take even more years than it already has.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 8, 2013 03:41

walkingthedog
They did tour quite recently, around 2008. (Sans Baker. Grech is dead of course.) A DVD, Blue Ray and double CD was released, very interesting stuff.

Clapton and Winwood toured in 2009, and though the signature Blind Faith songs Had To Cry Today and Can't Find My Way Home were featured in the set, it was billed as Clapton and Winwood rather than as Blind Faith.

Their bass player was Willie W@eks. Among many others, Weeks played on George Harrison's albums from 1974 to 1982.

Willie Weeks with Clapton at the 2007 Crossroads Guitar Festival.

What I wonder about is why there wasn't another Cream reunion more recently, particularly since Ginger Baker has gone completely broke and has had to sell his farm in South Africa and is now touring on a small scale just to make ends meet. Clapton at the time of the first Cream reunion said that he would be open to further live performances/reunions, but perhaps he felt that bailing Baker out once already was enough? Baker made $5 million from the Cream reunion, but it was all gone within 3 years. Anyway, I mention it because all three members of Cream are still around and active as performing musicians, and there are very few bands from that era that can still say that, and also only a very few people got to see them on their reunion mini-tour in 2005.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 8, 2013 03:59

Herald Sun ................................. 8 September 2013

ROCKMAN

Posted by: steini ()
Date: September 8, 2013 07:13

The New Barbarians... it´s been a long time.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 8, 2013 07:17

Kinks, seeing in recent reports that Ray is worth only 2 1/2 million and Dave is worth 3 1/2 million (can't believe Dave is worth more than Ray), if Dave's health can hold up, well maybe, just maybe.....I know it might be wishful thinking.

Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: September 8, 2013 07:26

Sly and The Family Stone(with Sly)

Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: September 8, 2013 11:41

Robert, Jimmy and John Paul.

David and Roger.

-TomR

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: September 8, 2013 11:42

CCR.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 8, 2013 11:46

Crowded House

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1922
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home