Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 56
Re: Rolling Stones announce live DVD and Blu-Ray from their historic hydepark concerts! Out Nov. 11th
Date: September 4, 2013 17:30

Nice one, vudicus grinning smiley

Re: Rolling Stones announce live DVD and Blu-Ray from their historic hydepark concerts! Out Nov. 11th
Posted by: ruchin ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:31

Interesting that Happy is on the DVD but Before They Make Me Run is on the CD and Itunes.

Could it all be the 13th then?

I went to the 6th so i would like a mix and match!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:32

Great news but I'm very disappointed because of missing Emotional Rescue, All Down The Line, Beast Of Burden, Before They Make Me Run (on the DVD)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 17:38 by 1962.

Posted by: Bob C. ()

Why in the world would they cut songs?!!

Posted by: BowieStone ()

Bastion
Beast of Burden?
All Down the Line?
Bitch?

angry smiley

I thought BOB and Bitch were a mess.
ADTL, just ok.

So I'm glad they opted for the second night for those spots on the album.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:35

philrock90

like i said all past releases on DVD/Blu Ray have been incomplete with the odd songs missing no idea why they do it but still a great release

Because they can re-release it in some years as 'new & complete' then ..... winking smiley

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:38

yeeessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sici

Date: September 4, 2013 17:39

BowieStone
Bastion
Beast of Burden?
All Down the Line?
Bitch?

angry smiley

I thought BOB and Bitch were a mess.
ADTL, just ok.

So I'm glad they opted for the second night for those spots on the album.

Bitch was a mess, obviously, because Clark fvcked up his vocal lines.

BOB, however, was great

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:41

Apparently we have to buy 2 formats if we want bluray and 19 songs (only on LP). Am I reading this right? If so, this is getting out of hand. Why can't the deluxe edition have everything?

Date: September 4, 2013 17:50

No, the CD has 19 songs too:

CD1:
1) Start Me Up
2) It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll
3) Tumbling Dice
4) Emotional Rescue
5) Street Fighting Man
6) Ruby Tuesday
7) Doom And Gloom
8) Paint It Black
9) Honky Tonk Women
10) You Got The Silver
11) Before They Make Me Run

CD2:
1) Miss You
2) Midnight Rambler
3) Gimme Shelter
4) Jumpin’ Jack Flash
5) Sympathy For The Devil
6) Brown Sugar
7) You Can’t Always Get What You Want
8) (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

[www.rollingstones.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 17:55 by Irix.

Date: September 4, 2013 17:54

Thanks lrix. That makes me happy. Deluxe Ediotion it is, though I would like the vinyl too. Hmm... if only they could give me more incentive to buy it.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:57

frankotero
Thanks lrix. That makes me happy. Deluxe Ediotion it is, though I would like the vinyl too. Hmm... if only they could give me more incentive to buy it.
I know an incentive,give us all the songs instead of backstage footage that'll probably be watched once.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:59

I am also very disappointed that Beast of Burden or Emotional Rescue, All Down The Line, Tumbling Dice and Paint It Black are missing. After the nice archive DVDs and the "complete" iTunes download I was pretty sure that they would keep the iTunes track list for the BluRay.

The only reason for excluding Tumbling Dice and Paint it Black must be an upcoming 50 and Counting box after the whole tour is done in maybe late 2014.

The thing I don't get is: They filmed both Hyde Park concerts in 3D and release just a normal BluRay. Hopefully there will be a 3D BluRay in the future.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:00

I love it when the big news tells you that you'll have to wait two months before you can have what the big news is announcing. Like someone said earlier in the "Big News" thread, "just in time for Christmas shopping". I wonder if I'll be able to pick it up cheep in the after-Christmas sales.

Somehow I'm not nearly as excited now that I know the news as I was when I was looking forward to the news.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:14

this is a disappointment

and whats so historic about it. they played there before a long time ago?

the Glastonbury concert should be on DVD for all to buy..

I know its a high quality boot but I don't know how to get it..

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:18

well i cant say i am surprised that there are songs missing from the hyde park dvd .so i think if jagger is not giving us the full set then we should not pay in full for this dvd maybe we should pro rate the price for the # of songs just like the stones sold the songs on I TUNES!!!!!!!!!!

Date: September 4, 2013 18:20

duke richardson

You can Glastonbury get here or here.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:21

what aload of crap to have missing songs . that sucks .they filmed both nights at hyde park .just release both shows in full . i would pay for both shows ,even if the stones put them out on there own , THINK ABOUT IT TWICE AS MUCH MONEY FROM YOUR BIG FANS ,TWICE AS MUCH MONEY !!!!!!!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:26

Everybody just calm down...be thankful there will be no overdubs...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:27

Loads of room on the dvd and blu ray to include more songs than what was on the CDs (jn fact, they could have included them all easily - there would eveb have been room for both shows in full if they'd chosen to spend a few more weeks on it) but as per the norm with the Stones they choose to rush a product out and shaft their fans instead by giving them LESS songs - and shitcanning some of the genuinely rare songs to boot ('Emotional Rescue' for @#$%& sake). And no 'Paint it Black on the blu-ray? What's THAT all about. The crowd went friggin' NUTS for that one at HP1!

Cant wait to see the price of the deluxe version for what is barely two hours of music.

Meanwhile, in another galaxy, its back to the new Dylan box set.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:29

Irix
duke richardson

You can Glastonbury get here or here.

OK I'll try it hope the old iMac will handle it..

thanks

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:37

Gazza
Loads of room on the dvd and blu ray to include more songs than what was on the CDs (jn fact, they could have included them all easily - there would eveb have been room for both shows in full if they'd chosen to spend a few more weeks on it) but as per the norm with the Stones they choose to rush a product out and shaft their fans instead by giving them LESS songs - and shitcanning some of the genuinely rare songs to boot ('Emotional Rescue' for @#$%& sake). And no 'Paint it Black on the blu-ray? What's THAT all about. The crowd went friggin' NUTS for that one at HP1!

Cant wait to see the price of the deluxe version for what is barely two hours of music.

Meanwhile, in another galaxy, its back to the new Dylan box set.

There is no need to buy these Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live releases, really.

... but some people will do, just for fun! cool smiley

Let It Rock!
HighwireC

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:41

funny they name it "sweet summer sun"....but loving cup wasnt played grinning smiley

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:42

That review of the concert made me want to hurl. Maybe they sounded like that in '99....

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:51

Clearly a release for mainstream audience. I think Jagger is borrowing marketing technique of Apple. Produced to get as much money without releasing a lot in the package. They'll release other stuff from the concerts later and make even more money.

The whole darn 50th tour was to make millions. The masses of fans don't care what's missing in this, just enough that this exists is all they need.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:51

@24FPS - Agreed. Just typical promotional jargon.

The thing about Hyde Park that kills me is simply the missed opportunity. Love In Vain? Nope. Stray Cat Blues? Nope. I'm Yours She's Mine? Nope. They didn't really do anything to tribute the last Hyde Park show.. so it's just another gig on the tour. As if that wasn't enough, they then removed unique songs in favor of the hits.

I hope those $600-seaters are happy! Here's hoping for a new record. Maybe they'll surprise us with some new music instead of another redundant release of the same songs.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:55

The most important question TO ME is: Will the footage really only be taken from the second night? The setlist looks like it. That would be very disappointing, as I was there the first night.

The audio tracklist seems to be the same as the iTunes release - so it should be the same, shouldn't it?

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:59

Karlos123
The most important question TO ME is: Will the footage really only be taken from the second night? The setlist looks like it. That would be very disappointing, as I was there the first night.

The audio tracklist seems to be the same as the iTunes release - so it should be the same, shouldn't it?

on twitter the groups twitter tweeted someone saying it's a mixture from both nights

Date: September 4, 2013 19:11

Completely understand the disappointment by this and several other recent releases. It sure is a shame how they over look their fan base. For a long time I'm convinced they really don't like us. Even having these thoughts I'll still buy the thing. I'll find some enjoyment in it. In my eyes some records are worth more than a Mona Lisa to me. So, as a middle class guy I haven't lost anything, including buying all the pointless junk. Guess it's a matter of perspective. Either way I hope we all can enjoy The Stones a bit longer.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: September 4, 2013 19:17

philrock90
Karlos123

on twitter the groups twitter tweeted someone saying it's a mixture from both nights

Sound good! Let's hope this is really true for both, audio AND video. They could mean the whole package is a mixture. But with cutting certain songs, it looks like the band discussed every song...so it would make sense if they picked songs from both shows for the DVD.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home