Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: MrsEdithGrove ()
Date: September 9, 2013 15:33

What's also not clear is the difference between the books included in the two expensive Japanese editions.

It's hard to read the Google translations, but the very limited (500 copies - not available for export) version with the two T shirts seems to include a different or bigger book to the other super deluxe version (1,000 copies) available via Amazon etc in Japan.

For the 1,000 copy version, the CD Japan website just refers to a "booklet". Is it really going to have a smaller book than the standard deluxe edition available everywhere else? That standard deluxe version seems to have a 60 page book.

Any ideas? Anyone able to translate Japanese?

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: September 9, 2013 15:54

On this German Amazon site it says that the deluxe edition has 4 disks but just the 118 minutes film like the usual DVD:

[www.amazon.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-09 15:56 by Stonesfan16.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 9, 2013 16:16

Bonus material is normaly not included in the declaration of a length of a disc

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 9, 2013 16:26

MrsEdithGrove
What's also not clear is the difference between the books included in the two expensive Japanese editions.

It's hard to read the Google translations, but the very limited (500 copies - not available for export) version with the two T shirts seems to include a different or bigger book to the other super deluxe version (1,000 copies) available via Amazon etc in Japan.

For the 1,000 copy version, the CD Japan website just refers to a "booklet". Is it really going to have a smaller book than the standard deluxe edition available everywhere else? That standard deluxe version seems to have a 60 page book.

Any ideas? Anyone able to translate Japanese?
There's version comparison chart on Wardrecords page.
500 copies of limited version include:
Blu-ray disk
DVD disk
2 CDs
3 LP records
2 T-shirts
Sixty pages hardback photo book imported from England.

I guess this version is only for domestic consumers.sad smiley

Posted by: MrsEdithGrove ()
Date: September 9, 2013 16:34

Thanks, but what's not clear is which book or booklet is with the 1,000 limited edition Japanese edition.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 9, 2013 16:35

Toru A

There's version comparison chart on Wardrecords page.

Yes, here (500 sets limited box).

Current description of the japanese Deluxe Edition on Amazon.co.jp, CDJapan and TowerRecords.jp (and others, google after JAN 4562387192458 or Cat.No. VQXD-10071):

"2CD, 3 made-in-Japan LP, Blu-ray, DVD, original book and japanese commentary book in a 1000 sets limited box".

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-13 10:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 9, 2013 17:06

MrsEdithGrove
Thanks, but what's not clear is which book or booklet is with the 1,000 limited edition Japanese edition.

It says that 1000 limited edition does not have T-shirts and Sixty pages hardback photo book. I guess they will have Japanese liner notes.

one more fringe benefit:
this 500 limited version will be provided to customers who reserved this online at the theater premiere dated October 25.smiling smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 9, 2013 18:06

so this film will be screened at cinemas in Japan?

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 9, 2013 20:38

a bit confused here:
Is this the version only available in Japanmoody smiley
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 9, 2013 20:46

Toru A
MrsEdithGrove

It says that 1000 limited edition does not have T-shirts and Sixty pages hardback photo book. I guess they will have Japanese liner notes.

one more fringe benefit:
this 500 limited version will be provided to customers who reserved this online at the theater premiere dated October 25.smiling smiley

You don't think "original book and japanese commentary book" might imply the hardback book plus a "Japanese commentary" book? It's all so confusing!

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: September 9, 2013 23:32

What's the deal with the Japanese and their extras anyway? Will they not buy something if they don't get a bit more than the rest of the world? Weird tradition.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 10, 2013 02:22

i see you are all on the train to buy the japanese version but how many of you have japanese blu-ray players/dvd playerz

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: September 10, 2013 06:44

Godxofxrock9
i see you are all on the train to buy the japanese version but how many of you have japanese blu-ray players/dvd playerz

I think none of us but the BluRay will be region free as was almost every Otter BluRay of the Stones released by EagleRock.

Date: September 10, 2013 08:30

henrik87

I think none of us but the BluRay will be region free as was almost every Otter BluRay of the Stones released by EagleRock.

Yes, Amazon.co.jp and CDJapan state on their sites, that the DVD is Region 2 and the Blu-ray is region-free (worldwide common).

And 'AnyDVD (HD)' doesn't care about region codes, if you want to make a own Disc or Video from Hyde Park #2 with the full show and the correct track order winking smiley

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: September 10, 2013 12:24

Anyone know if the Australian bluray/DVD includes Emotional Rescue?

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 10, 2013 12:51

Japan has the same region code for dvd than Europe: region 2
For blu ray it's a different one, region A (same as America, in Europe it's region B ) but the ad info says clearly: region free, so no difficulties there!
I have a region free blu ray player anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-10 13:20 by GJV.

Date: September 10, 2013 14:25

bonddm

Anyone know if the Australian bluray/DVD includes Emotional Rescue?

After googling I found only this at the moment: [www.screenpop.com.au]

Nothing to find yet at other CD online stores in Australia, e.g. [www.cdonline.com.au] sad smiley

------------

Edit: the Japan Editions are now available at JPC in Germany too:

japanese DVD only

japanese Blu-ray only

japanese DVD+2CD

japanese Blu-ray+2CD

japanese Deluxe Edition Blu-ray+DVD+2CD+3LP

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-13 10:20 by Irix.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 10, 2013 15:08

Why do the Japanese editions always have some extra stuff? I don't get it. Why can Japan get what the rest of the world musn't get? So that people would order stuff from Japan? Again, I don't get it.

Date: September 10, 2013 15:15

Because cd's/dvd's are more expensive in Japan in comparison with most other countries, but they don't want Japanese costumers buy stuff outside their country, so they get something extra.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-10 15:16 by GJV.

Date: September 10, 2013 15:16

Seems to me that there has to be a way for people to mix and match sets. Like, if person A ends up with two blurays and person B ends up with two books, they could do a trade--or person A could trade the extra bluray for something else. I'm likely to end up with two DVDs, for instance, and would be happy to do a deal with somebody who's got something I'm after, maybe a boot I don't have.

Date: September 10, 2013 15:19

But than you have items with are not complete anymore. You have empty spaces in it and it's less worth.

Date: September 10, 2013 15:21

That's something that matters to some people, but not others (me). If I've got the DVD, I don't need another one gathering dust on the shelf just to keep a set intact--somebody else could be watching it. smiling smiley

Date: September 10, 2013 15:24

Ok that is a difference ofcourse.
I even buy items with I not get out of their seal, just to have it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-10 15:25 by GJV.

Date: September 10, 2013 15:27

I'm into another artist who has a serious collector following, so I totally understand how people feel about these thing--especially the major completists. Just not my thing!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 10, 2013 15:34

GJV
Because cd's/dvd's are more expensive in Japan in comparison with most other countries, but they don't want Japanese costumers buy stuff outside their country, so they get something extra.

Well, that makes kind of sence. But it is not that they would get something extra, it is more like that the rest of the World must be deprived of something when deciding on the format of the product.

Oh, well... I will live without Emotional Rescue, no problem. I will buy the "European" DVD and download the ER somewhere for free, it is no less fair than being forced to order overpriced stuff from Japan in order to get the full product.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-10 15:35 by Happy24.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 10, 2013 15:47

GJV
But than you have items with are not complete anymore. You have empty spaces in it and it's less worth.

If that matters to you, then it's worth less as soon as you unseal it. So buy it and don't open it!

Date: September 10, 2013 15:51

He does (see above). Lots of collectors do--I've bought stuff from a lot of them and they're horrified when I unseal whatever it is because, to a collector, it's then essentially worthless. Each to their own, I guess!

Date: September 10, 2013 15:52

I sometimes do. Yeah, I know it's crazy and insane.winking smiley

I probably don't open the Japanese box and will buy the blu ray seperately so I can watch it and listen to the i-tunes version I already have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-10 15:56 by GJV.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 10, 2013 16:11

GJV
I sometimes do. Yeah, I know it's crazy and insane.winking smiley

I probably don't open the Japanese box and will buy the blu ray seperately so I can watch it and listen to the i-tunes version I already have.

Sorry to throw you under the bus like that....I actually do that to. I was going to come clean, honest!

In fact, I've ordered the vinyl version and the deluxe set. Vinyl version will stay sealed. I have all the vinyl's sealed back to IORR. I've got a few reissues sealed from the 60s as well as Exile's reissue.

Date: September 10, 2013 16:23

So the conclusion is:
we're all crazy and the Stones get all our money anyway! It's true, don't denied any longer.smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2115
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home