Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 56
Re: Rolling Stones announce live DVD and Blu-Ray from their historic hydepark concerts! Out 11th
Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 4, 2013 22:41

philrock90
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: September 4, 2013 22:47

I don't get this.
We already have 108 versions of Brown Sugar. And they have sounded more or less the same for the last 30 years.
If they had included Emotional Rescue on the DVD, the release would actually be relevant. At least they've put on Doom and Gloom.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: September 4, 2013 22:54

what a mess

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 4, 2013 23:06

So I was just thinking "Might as well bite the bullet and spring for the de luxe" when I realized it doesn't have the LPs, so it's back to the LPs + DVD for me. Will be delighted to have this on vinyl, but as has been previously said, it's too bad they can't include everything in one package. (And I want the book!) But I don't need two copies of the DVD, or the blu-ray because I don't have blu-ray. Always so complicated . . .

But very happy there'll be a DVD, anyway. smiling smiley Would have been even better if it had included the '69 show, of course!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 4, 2013 23:09

I'll buy it too. I'm a sucker....

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: September 4, 2013 23:22

Same sh.. as GRRR, ticket prices, ticket handling Hyde Park...

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: September 4, 2013 23:31

Not properly a "live from tour" release, we all stay waiting for Duets compilation and Mick Taylor in other songs, also the great Get Off Of My Cloud starting the show...

i´m a sucker stones fan too, i will ordered the Deluxe edition.-

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: September 4, 2013 23:35

To quote my ole mucker Gregory, "GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr." regarding the left off tracks.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: September 4, 2013 23:38

Not defending the band for not including the whole show but we should know by now how picky Mick is about the bands performances. He has always cherry picked what he felt were the best performances of certain songs, and in many cases sweetened them in the studio, when he puts out a live tour CD.

I am pretty sure I remember Bill WYman commenting in his Rolling with the Stones book that Mick wanted to basically rerecord all the songs for one of the live albums (1981 tour?) in the studio so it should come as no surprise we will not get a complete show.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 5, 2013 00:01

So....this is the Rolling Stones Christmas stocking stuffer for 2013? Sigh, coal again.

Re: Rolling Stones announce live DVD and Blu-Ray from their historic hydepark concerts! Out Nov. 11th
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 5, 2013 00:12

nobodysbusiness
Godxofxrock9
we are lucky they are releaseing something just quit the bitching

Absolutely, I agree....never know a group of Fans like it. I'm done with this Forum.

I know it's nobodysbusiness, but where will you go?

Posted by: nickm8 ()
Date: September 5, 2013 00:13

cannot wait for the dvd im gonna cry haha

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 5, 2013 00:20

oldschool
Not defending the band for not including the whole show but we should know by now how picky Mick is about the bands performances. He has always cherry picked what he felt were the best performances of certain songs, and in many cases sweetened them in the studio, when he puts out a live tour CD.

I am pretty sure I remember Bill WYman commenting in his Rolling with the Stones book that Mick wanted to basically rerecord all the songs for one of the live albums (1981 tour?) in the studio so it should come as no surprise we will not get a complete show.

Fair enough to a point - but if they're good enough to be on a CD and i tunes download of the shows, why not on the DVD/blu ray as well?

Its not really that much to ask.

If there were flaws in some of the songs that were omitted completely (and there's only what - 23 songs or so to pick from?), they could have easily touched them up in the studio. Its not as if theyve never done it before.

There's scope for dozens of bonus songs within the format of a blu ray release. While it's unrealistic and unreasonable to expect something on that scale, the bottom line is that you're getting an expanded release which will still contain no more than two hours of music spread across multiple audio and video formats - with the visual format containing LESS music than the audio. And you can bet the deluxe version will -despite the paucity of live music contained inside it - be as usual priced higher than the more expansive box sets their contemporaries have been releasing in recent times.

I'm actually on the 'glad they released Hyde Park instead of Glastonbury' side of the fence. Not just because I was at one of the Hyde Park shows, but because its preferable to have something that hasnt been bootlegged. And they were very good shows too. However, the decision to short-change the buyer with such little video material is pretty shitty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-05 00:24 by Gazza.

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: September 5, 2013 00:22

Useless release. .. The best songs are missing on the blu ray. ... Happy to have the download audio. .. This is why we need bootlegs. .... Always sir jaggger cuts of all the diamonds. .. What a waste

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 5, 2013 00:50

Curious that they left songs off the video content that are on the audio. I mean, if they feel the omitted songs *sound* good enough, how could they not *look* good enough? Runny noses? Bad poses? Or maybe the video and audio are NOT the same and the touch ups would be too obvious? I'm not complaining but it seems a bit of a waste of disc space, as well as a blown opportunity to present a rarity like "Emotional Rescue". I'll have to wait until I see the actual product to complain if it's not to my liking. So I will have the PPV, Glastonbury and now this in pro-shot form. Not too bad.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 5, 2013 01:13

It could be that they may still release a DVD of the U.S. tour at some point and present Emotional Rescue and other seldom-played songs then.

"Always leave them wanting more" as the saying goes....

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: September 5, 2013 01:32

The concert just isn't that historic. The played Rambler with Taylor... That was about it. Nothing else that touched on the Hyde Park concert. They could have done I'm Yours She's Mine or Stray Cat Blues or SOMETHING, ANYTHING special. Instead the setlist is even less risky than the US shows. I am sure it will be a fun disc but they are really trying to hype this up and I am way too jaded at this point.

If they had charged $600/ticket and played more rarities, and released a disc that was a real TREAT for us fans, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and would have paid the premium ticket price. They didn't do that.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 5, 2013 01:50

flacnvinyl
Nothing else that touched on the Hyde Park concert.

Well, they touched me. Unfortunately I had to miss the first Hyde Park show. I could only visit the second. And man, did they touch me, they hit me. It was amazing for me and my Dear Lady Anne to see and hear them again. I am really looking forward to that DVD, just to relive that magic moment again.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: Rolling Stones announce live DVD and Blu-Ray from their historic hydepark concerts! Out Nov. 11th
Posted by: RSforever ()
Date: September 5, 2013 01:53

philrock90
anyone know why he messed up exactly? especially for it to happen both nights on another note i believe it's from both nights the concert

As it happend two nights in a row, and as he has played this on every RS-show since 1981, and as he didn't mess it up any other night durig the 50 tour..
..it had to be deliberate! So why?, obviously to piss Mick off, as he knew it would be released on DVDs etc, and it was the intro to the show so could not be taken out, also perfect timing as it was the last two shows on the tour. ..I'm sure K doesn't care, he knew the audience would love it/him anyway, but fun for him to see Ms reaction to it, perhaps?

((...although, sometimes I wonder how much of the M vs K conflict that is actually real, ever since 25x5 when they kind of revealed the "manufactured - bad image" they put on early, I always doubted anything they say. (It's kind of like Rachel and Ross in Friends, ..will they ever get back to geather? It's really what keep you interested and have you keep watching the show) ..so this has been the 30 years "manufactured" series about the conflict of the RS, that had the fans wondering if they will ever get back togeather and get on the road again., ..will we ever see RS again?? How many have bought tickets just because of this over the years?)) Sorry for drifting off subject..

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: September 5, 2013 01:54

Rolling Hansie
flacnvinyl
Nothing else that touched on the Hyde Park concert.

Well, they touched me. Unfortunately I had to miss the first Hyde Park show. I could only visit the second. And man, did they touch me, they hit me. It was amazing for me and my Dear Lady Anne to see and hear them again. I am really looking forward to that DVD, just to relive that magic moment again.

+1 thumbs up

First time I'd seen them, I just went on the 6th.
So yeah, it was a special show for me at least.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: September 5, 2013 01:58

Instead of the 15 mins of missing music,we'll probably get an engrossing 15 min Chuck Leavell interview.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: September 5, 2013 01:59

Gazza
oldschool

Fair enough to a point - but if they're good enough to be on a CD and i tunes download of the shows, why not on the DVD/blu ray as well?

Its not really that much to ask.

If there were flaws in some of the songs that were omitted completely (and there's only what - 23 songs or so to pick from?), they could have easily touched them up in the studio. Its not as if theyve never done it before.

There's scope for dozens of bonus songs within the format of a blu ray release. While it's unrealistic and unreasonable to expect something on that scale, the bottom line is that you're getting an expanded release which will still contain no more than two hours of music spread across multiple audio and video formats - with the visual format containing LESS music than the audio. And you can bet the deluxe version will -despite the paucity of live music contained inside it - be as usual priced higher than the more expansive box sets their contemporaries have been releasing in recent times.

I'm actually on the 'glad they released Hyde Park instead of Glastonbury' side of the fence. Not just because I was at one of the Hyde Park shows, but because its preferable to have something that hasnt been bootlegged. And they were very good shows too. However, the decision to short-change the buyer with such little video material is pretty shitty.

I am not saying what you propose is not reasonable, on the contrary. All I am saying what they plan to release is typical of how the Stones have operated in the past so we should not be surprised.

In all honesty I am surprised they did the bootleg series as it is not like Mick.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 5, 2013 02:01

I can't understand the complaints. It's only three songs left off. Plus we get one song (Happy) that's not on the CD. It still makes a 105 minutes long live DVD/blu ray. I bet the audio soundtrack will be in lossless quality on the blu-ray (like on previous Eagle Rock releases) which doesn't leave much room anyway. For those who want to enjoy the full show there's still the CD and even the 3-LP set. By the way do people remember how many songs were left off on the Hyde Park 1969 concert movie ?
Personally I think it will be a great release, just as great as were Some Girls in Texas and Checkerboard Lounge, both released by Eagle Rock on multiple formats too.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: September 5, 2013 02:11

yeah and they lefyt off,2,000 light years from home,wtf.

Date: September 5, 2013 02:12

kowalski
I can't understand the complaints. It's only three songs left off. Plus we get one song (Happy) that's not on the CD. It still makes a 105 minutes long live DVD/blu ray. I bet the audio soundtrack will be in lossless quality on the blu-ray (like on previous Eagle Rock releases) which doesn't leave much room anyway
There is still enough room on a bluray for at least another 1 to 2 hours of material.Also if there are time constraints,bin the boring backstage footage and keep the extra songs.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: September 5, 2013 02:12

hey guys be happy jagger has let mick taylor tracks on cd and dvd.
hahaha ,stones are way of life.

Date: September 5, 2013 02:20

The Biggest Bang bluray contained Austin(18 songs),Japan(3songs),Biggest Bang doco(60mins?) and Austin mini doco!

Date: September 5, 2013 02:43

backstreetboy1
yeah and they lefyt off,2,000 light years from home,wtf.

It wasnt played at either of the Hyde Park shows.

Date: September 5, 2013 02:46

kowalski
I can't understand the complaints. It's only three songs left off. Plus we get one song (Happy) that's not on the CD. It still makes a 105 minutes long live DVD/blu ray. I bet the audio soundtrack will be in lossless quality on the blu-ray (like on previous Eagle Rock releases) which doesn't leave much room anyway. For those who want to enjoy the full show there's still the CD and even the 3-LP set. By the way do people remember how many songs were left off on the Hyde Park 1969 concert movie ?
Personally I think it will be a great release, just as great as were Some Girls in Texas and Checkerboard Lounge, both released by Eagle Rock on multiple formats too.

Seriously? You can get hours of footage on a blu ray. What was so difficult about including 15 minutes of footage that was already deemed releasable on CD? Where's the point or positives in excluding it?

Hyde Park '69 was a Granada TV special which was part concert, part documentary, edited down to 53 minutes to fit into a one hour TV broadcast.

The Stones had nothing to do with the song selections and the length of the broadcast. This is entirely different.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-05 02:51 by Gazza.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 5, 2013 02:50

Side D of the LPs--Rambler/Gimme Shelter--is gonna be EPIC. I shall blast it from the rafters. smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home