Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: the topless girls on stage in Paris 1970
Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: September 2, 2013 11:21

Mathijs
VideoJames
I have this show on video (sadly not complete though). The girls were part of the show that night, and were invited on stage by the band.

You're claiming now for over 25 years you have all kind of video's, though you never prove anything. It is getting pitiful.

Mathijs

An INA.fr 90-second video with dubbed sound from SFM and HTW circulated recently.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 2, 2013 12:45

smokeydusky
Mathijs
VideoJames
I have this show on video (sadly not complete though). The girls were part of the show that night, and were invited on stage by the band.

You're claiming now for over 25 years you have all kind of video's, though you never prove anything. It is getting pitiful.

Mathijs

An INA.fr 90-second video with dubbed sound from SFM and HTW circulated recently.

I know that. There's more: about half of JJF and half of Roll Over B are available as well. All bits are from news reels. Something very different to 'I have this show on video'.

Mathijs

Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: September 2, 2013 18:37

Pitiful, I don't need to prove anything to you or anyone else. Just because you have pitiful video & audio collection don't take it out on me.
People who know me have seen my pitiful claims. So now I'm going to watch & listen to some of my pitiful things.Sorry you feel that way.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 2, 2013 18:45

VJ, a picture is worth a thousand words...

Just one FRAME from any unseen footage would be very interesting and appreciated here.

Date: September 2, 2013 19:17

I used to think that this lady's breast looked quite strange and flattened and flabby...

thabo

... until I realized that it was the shadow of her arm on her boob the makes it look weird. Below is the same photograph, and I used Photoshop to show the outline of her breast more clearly:

Date: September 2, 2013 19:32

Fine, no problem There is a frame from one of my "pitiful" video collection that I used in the book "It's Only Rock n Roll" The Ultimate Guide to the Rolling Stones. (terrible book BTW, to many errors-long story) but on page 357. There is a single frame from the never seen skit (runs-6/7 min. has the whole band in it) from 1978 SNL show. It has Keith, Paul Shaffer, Bill Murray & John Belushi in the still. They are trying to convince Keith to do a concert with Lou Rawls at the Afro-dome in Salisbury,Rhoadisia in February, in which Keith says, sorry every Feb. I go to Switzland and get my blood changed. This "QUOTE" was one of the reason why they never aired it as Keith still had legal problems going on with his drug bust in Toronto. I hope this helps, so Now I'm going to sit back and watch the Stones perform "live" at the St. Marks Bar n Grill from 1981.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: September 2, 2013 19:42

"live" at the St. Marks Bar n Grill from 1981. is this a joke????? I want to see it

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 2, 2013 19:52

VideoJames
Fine, no problem There is a frame from one of my "pitiful" video collection that I used in the book "It's Only Rock n Roll" The Ultimate Guide to the Rolling Stones. (terrible book BTW, to many errors-long story) but on page 357. There is a single frame from the never seen skit (runs-6/7 min. has the whole band in it) from 1978 SNL show. It has Keith, Paul Shaffer, Bill Murray & John Belushi in the still. They are trying to convince Keith to do a concert with Lou Rawls at the Afro-dome in Salisbury,Rhoadisia in February, in which Keith says, sorry every Feb. I go to Switzland and get my blood changed. This "QUOTE" was one of the reason why they never aired it as Keith still had legal problems going on with his drug bust in Toronto. I hope this helps, so Now I'm going to sit back and watch the Stones perform "live" at the St. Marks Bar n Grill from 1981.

Oooooo, that is a good one. Isn't Tanya Tucker in there somewhere too? Waiting On A Friend...

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 2, 2013 19:52

VideoJames
I hope this helps, so Now I'm going to sit back and watch the Stones perform "live" at the St. Marks Bar n Grill from 1981.
What the @#$%& are you talking about

Date: September 2, 2013 20:37

VideoJames

James, you had a fantastic collection in the late 70's and early 80's, but just about anything you had first has been traded one way or another since the digital age. The Saturday Night Live skit you mention includes outtake versions of Respectable and Shattered as well. This is not widely available, but it is available.

There's just so many claims by you which to date have not been proven in any way (not by you or anyone else), that in combination with (indeed) quite a terrible book with so many (easy to avoid!) mistakes, makes the statements indeed all a bit pitiful.

I asked you 20 years ago to show one snippet of prove you indeed had the NME 68 concert, the 1970 shows, the Let it Rock/Soul Survivor coda of San Fran 72 (which never happened), the 1982 shows, and whatever more, and you never ever backed up your claim, nor did Bill German and Bill Wyman ever confirm they saw that footage from you.

I do still think you probably have stuff not widely circulated, or not circulated at all, but to date I have not seen any prove.

Mathijs

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: September 2, 2013 22:20

Wow...

This guy claims that have the NME 68 and do not want to show us a single proof? confused smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 2, 2013 22:26

I'm disappointed by these topless images.

Date: September 2, 2013 23:13

Mathijs

I know that. There's more: about half of JJF and half of Roll Over B are available as well. All bits are from news reels. Something very different to 'I have this show on video'.

Mathijs

This is useful info. Thanks.
Has this been posted anywhere?
(By the way, still looking for the Detroit '69 SFTD VHS.)

Date: September 3, 2013 02:43

I apologies but I don't recall speaking with you 20 years ago? But you have no idea what I have and don't have. To say "most of my stuff is out" That shows either stupidity or jealously on you part. You say the SNL skit is out, oh! do you have it? who do you know that has it????. You seem to be one of these collectors that doesn't have anything worth talking about. What do you have that’s rare or worth talking about?
What "let it Rock/Soul Survivor" 72 are you talking about, it never happened. What 82 videos. Are you on a first name basis with Bill German and Bill Wyman (you say they never confirmed anything). I'm surprised Wyman didn't say anything about the Poll Winners show as we had it for 25X5, but never used it in the final cut. I'm not here to prove anything to anyone, come up with the Gomelsky film and we can talk. But people like you will never get things like that on your own. I found it but have yet to secure it. Now i'm going to listen to the Stones do Pretty Thing, Love Potion # 9, Try Me,Godzi,Over You and many more songs. Oh! wAIT, I guess I need to send you send you a sample to prove I have it or it exist

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 3, 2013 02:47

Oh! wAIT, I guess I need to send you send you a sample to prove I have it or it exist

Hey James .... I believe ya ... please send 'em ta me if ya wish too ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: September 3, 2013 05:32

VideoJames
Now i'm going to listen to the Stones do ... Love Potion # 9

Does this actually exist? I could have sworn I once saw a bootleg containing this track years ago, but until just now I've never found another reference to it. I was starting to believe I had confused it with "Fortune Teller".

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 3, 2013 06:11

VideoJames
I'm surprised Wyman didn't say anything about the Poll Winners show as we had it for 25X5, but never used it in the final cut.

Not even Gomelsky can come up with the Gomelsky film unfortunately.

So you worked on 25X5? That was great! I have it still on VHS and may transfer it to DVD at some point, but I have a question for you.

Why has 25X5 never been released in DVD format? That's one of the best Stones documentaries ever. Presently there are just a few short clips on YouTube, and I would love to see a nice clean version on DVD someday soon. Do you see 25X5 on DVD as a possibility, or will we just have to rely on dubs of VHS and/or "unofficial" sources?

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: September 3, 2013 06:29

Hold on a second. Video James, are you saying you have a tape (Video) of the 1968 NME show? That's a yes or no question.

Date: September 3, 2013 07:45

VideoJames
Now I'm going to sit back and watch the Stones perform "live" at the St. Marks Bar n Grill from 1981.

What did they play in the bar?

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: September 3, 2013 10:11

Big Al
I'm disappointed by these topless images.
ditto eye popping smiley

Date: September 3, 2013 10:37

schillid
VideoJames
Now I'm going to sit back and watch the Stones perform "live" at the St. Marks Bar n Grill from 1981.

Date: September 3, 2013 10:55

VideoJames
I apologies but I don't recall speaking with you 20 years ago? But you have no idea what I have and don't have. To say "most of my stuff is out" That shows either stupidity or jealously on you part. You say the SNL skit is out, oh! do you have it? who do you know that has it????. You seem to be one of these collectors that doesn't have anything worth talking about. What do you have that’s rare or worth talking about?
What "let it Rock/Soul Survivor" 72 are you talking about, it never happened. What 82 videos. Are you on a first name basis with Bill German and Bill Wyman (you say they never confirmed anything). I'm surprised Wyman didn't say anything about the Poll Winners show as we had it for 25X5, but never used it in the final cut. I'm not here to prove anything to anyone, come up with the Gomelsky film and we can talk. But people like you will never get things like that on your own. I found it but have yet to secure it. Now i'm going to listen to the Stones do Pretty Thing, Love Potion # 9, Try Me,Godzi,Over You and many more songs. Oh! wAIT, I guess I need to send you send you a sample to prove I have it or it exist

We did speak several times, even further back than 20 years. The first lists I have from you date from 1983 (!).

Anyway, I don't have 'rare' stuff anymore, as most that was rare 20 years ago have been traded over and over since the digital age. The SNL skit with the outtakes is one such example, several video's from 1969 (Oakland, Detroit), the Amsterdam 1970 video, the Pittsburgh 72 video, the 1973 tour video's, the 1975 tour rehearsal video's, the 1983 and 1986 studio video's, the 1981 Jagger private video backstage and on stage. Same for outtakes: Love Potion, Godzi etc are all available, as is a slew of dozen and dozens of outtakes dating from the 1977 to 1983 period, with Can't Find Love and Eliza and whatever. Rarer than rare 10 years ago, now available if you know where to find it.

The thing is: 20 years ago when you had some thing rare you needed to hold it close because you needed it to trade with other collecters. But since the digital age I grew so tired of people stating 'I have such and such tape, but I can't let you listen to it', since everything has become available by now.

You have stated you had the Soul Survivor 1972 tape, you have four full 1982 shows on video (at a time nothing was available from that tour, now sufficient is available), you have the NME Pollwinners show on video but never showed any prove. And no, Bill Wyman never stated he had or saw the NME 68 video.

Mathijs

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 3, 2013 11:04

Mathijs
Same for outtakes: Love Potion, Godzi etc are all available, as is a slew of dozen and dozens of outtakes dating from the 1977 to 1983 period, with Can't Find Love and Eliza and whatever. Rarer than rare 10 years ago, now available if you know where to find it.

What, where is that stuff available ?!

VideoJames
Now i'm going to listen to the Stones do Pretty Thing, Love Potion # 9, Try Me,Godzi,Over You and many more songs. Oh! wAIT, I guess I need to send you send you a sample to prove I have it or it exist

I've been wondering since 1997 if you'd actually heard all the unknown outtakes you mention in IORR or whether the titles came from session logs or boxes? Reason I'm asking is that while you make comments on some unreleased songs, there are none on unknown songs...or was it an agreement/self-censorship along the lines of "you can mention the stuff you came across while doing archival work for us but not discuss it"? Some examples :
- 1969 : Pennies from Heaven, French Gig, Toss the Coin, The Vulture
- 1970 : Travelling Tiger, Rock It, As Now, Candlewick Bedspread
etc...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 3, 2013 13:03

schillid
VideoJames

One track is confirmed as being filmed: the Jimmy Reed song Baby You Don't Have To Go.

Mathijs

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: September 3, 2013 15:45

This thread went from tits to cocks in no time,
which is a shame. Take it outside!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 3, 2013 16:25

gotdablouse
Mathijs
Same for outtakes: Love Potion, Godzi etc are all available, as is a slew of dozen and dozens of outtakes dating from the 1977 to 1983 period, with Can't Find Love and Eliza and whatever. Rarer than rare 10 years ago, now available if you know where to find it.

What, where is that stuff available ?!

Mathijs it seems you missed my previous post, can you clarify what you mean by "availability" of these outtakes? If it's sensitive info feel free to use my email (visible in the forum), thanks!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: September 3, 2013 16:55

VideoJames

Just the one song, or the whole thing? If so, post a printscreen of a segment from the show, otherwise: bullshit dude!

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 3, 2013 17:30

Vocalion
VideoJames

Just the one song, or the whole thing? If so, post a printscreen of a segment from the show, otherwise: bullshit dude!
I bet he also has the pro-shots for the 2 Rehearsals shows from the steel wheels tour grinning smiley

Date: September 3, 2013 17:30

Mathijs
schillid
VideoJames

One track is confirmed as being filmed: the Jimmy Reed song Baby You Don't Have To Go.

Mathijs

VJ, so cool!
Did they play the song all the way through? Did Mick sing it well?

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: September 3, 2013 20:13

Limbostone
This thread went from tits to cocks in no time,
which is a shame. Take it outside!

If this will lead to some more info about the NME 68 (which I myself have been searching for), than I am not complaining.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1329
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home