Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"I Can't Take it No More"
Date: August 29, 2013 03:59

Ok, I am ready to let the wrath of this board rain down on me. I am a fan of SUPERHEAVY and as Exhibit A I offer up to the world "I Can't Take It No More" and I would love Rolling Stones fans from around the world to tell me that they don't like this Stonesy song sung my Mick Jagger. If you say that, I may not be able to believe you.

Re: "I Can't Take it No More"
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 29, 2013 04:14

That's a bold statement.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 29, 2013 04:21

Energy has a bitchin' harp solo...there I said something nice about that thing...

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: August 29, 2013 04:28

I LOVE THE RECORD,PLAY IT ALL THE TIME..
WARRING PEOPLE & UNBELIEVABLE ARE ME TOPS.

Date: August 29, 2013 04:40

It's a very good album. I enjoy it still.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 29, 2013 05:06

Love the album but funnily enough I think of that as one of the weaker cuts.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 29, 2013 14:23

WOW superheavy cd is very good,i am glad jagger does solo stuff we get more music wandering sprit and goddess to the door are very good too.

Date: August 29, 2013 14:27

Revvy, it's good to hear your more or less (as in this case) sane words again grinning smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 29, 2013 14:52

It's an enjoyable album.
Played it quite a lot this summer.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 29, 2013 15:03

I love it as well, but I'm into a Reggae phase these days. It certainly has gotten more play than anything by the Stones over the last couple of years.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 29, 2013 15:51

Energy is a good track.

Date: August 29, 2013 16:12

I am pleasantly surprised (and perhaps I shouldn't have been) that a bunch of folks on this board do have good taste. I enjoy just about everything that the Stones record. Superheavy surprised me by how much I enjoyed it as I listen to no other music in this genre - although I cannot define precisely what this genre is. My favorites are: One Day One Night, I Can't Take It No More, Warring People, Common Ground, and Hey Captain. It's all good highly enjoyable and if we had only heard about this recording, and it hadn't been released we'd all be going through hoops to get our hands on it and then singing its praises after hearing it. I bet there are quite few iorr posters who have never heard it. I think that among the reasons that this appeals to me is that someone like Mick Jagger surely dos not do projects like this to add to his bank account. Stuff like this exists purely as an outlet for Jagger's creativity. The album is just terrific.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 29, 2013 16:48

HopeYouGuessMyName
Stuff like this exists purely as an outlet for Jagger's creativity. The album is just terrific.

Yes. He's been ridiculed for his career outside of the stones, but he keeps on doing it. I guess he knows now he will never sell a lot of albums or receives positive reviews (besides Rolling Stone Magazine), he just wants his songs to be heard.
And he keeps doing it, while another stones member keeps on ridiculing him but does absolutely nothing himself. The one thing he came up with - and that's even for the stones - was an outtake of Talk is Cheap...finalised by Mick.
No, Mick deserves some respect for his 'solo' stuff. And even when it's bad, it's still interesting.
I just adore the guy.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: August 29, 2013 16:57

Never heard anything off this album.

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: August 29, 2013 16:57

I usually approach Jagger solo work with caution, and I like some songs from Superheavy, but from what I hear/read, even amongst the Superheavy fans "I can't take it no more" isn't very much appreciated; in terms of reviews, the most "flattering" comment I've found about this song is "a horrendous Starship-style corp rocker" (from warr.org)

I, too, think "Energy" is better, when one's in the mood for a danceable rocker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-29 17:00 by zumabitch.

Date: August 29, 2013 17:02

To me, this sounds like second rate INXS. And Mick is the weakest link.

THIS, however, is excellent. It's not about slagging Mick. It's about giving credit where credit's due:

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 29, 2013 17:07

As I hate Josh Stone and loathe just about anything Jagger and Dave Stewart have done together: I have never listened to this album, not will I ever.

Mathijs

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 29, 2013 17:10

I listened to the whole record twice the day I received it, since than I even don't remember were I have kept it and I can't remember any of the songs.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: August 29, 2013 18:48

I have no intention of listening to it as I'm strictly Stones or Mick solo.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 29, 2013 19:02

Mathijs
As I loathe just about anything Jagger and Dave Stewart have done together
Mathijs

Come on, Mathijs, Blind Leading The Blind (esp. the acoustic version)
is fantastic.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: August 29, 2013 19:47

Jeroen (aka corriecas), as a huge fan of superheavy, what is your opinion?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 29, 2013 20:09

TooTough
Mathijs
As I loathe just about anything Jagger and Dave Stewart have done together
Mathijs

Come on, Mathijs, Blind Leading The Blind (esp. the acoustic version)
is fantastic.

With that horrible, totally over the top American panting vocal style of Jagger?

No thanks.

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home