Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT: Loudest show ever (for me)
Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: August 29, 2013 08:49

Actually I was joking. But now I take back what I said and I respect the Osmond Bros a little more. They actually had a couple of good songs as I remember.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: August 29, 2013 18:16

GJV
Keef in 1992 at Ahoy Rotterdam, the Netherlands.

Went to see him with my father. Afterwards we almost couldn't hear each other all the way back home. We both had a ringing in our ears for the next few days.

Yep Keef and the X-Pensive Winos 1992 Ahoy was loud as hell, I think they used probably 100 Watts pre-amps. I was way up on the side dancing cause this was funky cool shit. Hats off for the p.a man and what a great Band!

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: August 29, 2013 18:30

The Who Oakland Coliseum Sat Oct 1976

Grateful Dead opened for them in the morning and I was sooooo mellow

Then came The Who in the afternoon and the sound just blew me away like a proverbial cold slap in the face.

I can understand why Townsend has hearing difficulties...my ears were ringing for days

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 29, 2013 21:21

Jesse1960
A few that stand out, The Who Dec. 75' Omni-Atlanta, Cheap Trick 80' Fox Theater Atlanta, Joe Satriani 1987 or 88 Fox Theater Atlanta. Joe Sat was actually annoying, too much high end.

Yeah, I mentioned Cheap Trick at the Roxy around 2002, but I was also at that Fox show in 1980 - crazy loud. Robin had on a cool green suit.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: August 29, 2013 21:50

The Kinks - 1980
UFO - 1981

Both shows were at the same venue: Kaiser Convention Center, Oakland, CA.

The Dead did loads of shows here but I don't remember volume being an issue - perhaps it was my 'heightened awareness'.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: August 29, 2013 21:58

Peter Frampton, Queens College 1978, loudest show I ever witnessed.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 30, 2013 01:04

tornnfrayed
Actually I was joking. But now I take back what I said and I respect the Osmond Bros a little more. They actually had a couple of good songs as I remember.

Ok, in my defense, I was a kid and wanted to go see Heart or Charlie Daniels. So my parents take me to the Osmonds. What can I say...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 30, 2013 01:17

kovach
tornnfrayed

Ok, in my defense, I was a kid and wanted to go see Heart or Charlie Daniels. So my parents take me to the Osmonds. What can I say...

...That's Crazy (Horses) man!

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home