Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Israeli Stones
Posted by: Chris D. ()
Date: April 20, 2005 10:20

People,

I'd say the engine is really ready to roar...

The below, taken from: [www.israel21c.org]

Ciao,
Chris

----------------

The Rolling Stones headed for Israel

Apr. 19 - Venerable rock legends The Rolling Stones announced that they will make their first-ever appearance in Israel during their world tour in 2006. According to a report on Israel Radio, the band's representatives cited a lowering of tension in the region and reduced insurance costs as reasons for making a concert in Israel viable. The Stones are the latest old-time name to jump on the Israel bandwagon in recent days, as German rockers The Scorpions and British rocker/crooner Phil Collins also announced tour dates in Israel - The Scorpions in July and Collins in November.

Re: Israeli Stones
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 20, 2005 11:11

Cor blimey! Israel's gonna need the Stones after The Scorpions and the devils own crutch - Phil Collins!

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: April 20, 2005 18:02

I think too many bands leave Israel out of their tour schedule. When I lived in Israel for a few years in the beginning of the 90's I only had the chance to see Eric Clapton live. There were really no "big" bands visiting/touring there.

Btw, let's hope the Palestinians don't throw Stones at the Stones...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 20, 2005 18:23

Lowering of tension??? All that needs to happen is one maniac and there goes the whole sha-bang one more time. I bet my balls that the conflict will blow up again within the next year. Too bad really. A concert for Israel could be fun.........Just as every Stones concert is. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 20, 2005 18:31

"A concert for Israel could be fun"

A concert for Israel could be a bit too strong political or religious statement for the Stones to make nowadays... now when the attitude of the brand new pope ain't the most liberal towards other religions, not to mention the muslim fundamantalism... smiling smiley

- Doxa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2226
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home