Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones Attire
Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: August 19, 2013 18:15

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I really haven't seen it. I'm focusing on the Brian Jones and Mick Taylor years as that is my favorite period in the band's history. I'm assuming as the band became more prosperous they had dressers and stylists especially when they went on the road. I'm sure Mick Jaggers' jumpsuits were custom-made. Wasn't that Marianne Faithful's dress he wore as a top at Hyde Park in 1969? (For that matter (nothing to do with the Stones), Jimi Hendrix often wore women's shirts so says his brother). Brian Jones' outfits,coats and hats were rather flamboyant. I read that he often visited the flea markets. I loved Keith Richards' look..sort of shabby chic meets rock star. I thought he always looked cool albeit sometimes a wee bit raggedy! But that's just Keith. I felt badly for him during the 1973 GTK interview in Australia (believe it was When Mick Met the Minister), when the interviewer was giving Keith flak for his outfit. I thought he looked great, plus he handled the critcism with grace. I mean he's a rock star not an insurance salesman.

I absolutely love Mick Taylor's shirts espcially the blue one with the little white boxes (?). He seemed to wear that often. And that bluish lame suit and the white-fringed tunic he wore on the Australia tour..they were sharp. I just love all his outfits except for the the tank top with the tongue. I just didn't think it was him, you know. I'm sure others won't agree!

Nothing about Charlie or Bill really stand out except for the frilly shirt that Charlie wore on the 1972 tour I believe. I guess Charlie became quite dapper as he got older..didn't he become a bit of a shopaholic?

They're such a cool looking band and always looked great when they went onstage!

Re: Rolling Stones Attire
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 19, 2013 18:23

Well I could do without Micks jumpsuits but Keith and Ronnie is Always dressed like rock'n'rollers...still is 2013....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 19, 2013 20:04

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 19, 2013 20:21

I loved the custom made NFL apparel used throughout the 1981 tour as well...

Date: August 20, 2013 02:16

I loved Ronnie's rhino t-shirt he wore this last tour. Muy cool.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 20, 2013 02:18

The jumpsuits were hip for the time....as far as Keith's recent get-ups, well, it looks like he just left his living room...no effort at all. Patti must have decided not to bother dressing him anymore.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 20, 2013 02:26

mickschix
The jumpsuits were hip for the time....as far as Keith's recent get-ups, well, it looks like he just left his living room...no effort at all. Patti must have decided not to bother dressing him anymore.

Not only did he just leave his living room for a few minor shows...now he's gone back to his living room...All hail Keith and his ability to steer clear...

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 20, 2013 03:20

This book will tell you everything you ever wanted to know-

[www.abebooks.com]

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 20, 2013 05:09

Jagger's rule is the gayer, the better.

Date: August 20, 2013 14:06

Carnaby

[www.abebooks.com]

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. Thinking about Mick Taylor's wardrobe, his house burned down in 1975 (again in 1979?). I know in the first fire he lost his entire record collection, probably everything else...what a shame.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 20, 2013 14:13

OK, Rolling Stones fashionistas -
I got a question. smoking smiley

Ronnie was wearing a long sleeve T-shirt at Glastonbury, that I'd really like to put my hands on;
anybody here that can identify it, somehow (like naming the brand or something)?

There's not a lot of good (close-up / frontal) photos around; here's two that might help -

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 20, 2013 14:17

I'm still trying to decide whether that's the same green shirt Keith had on at the end of the ABB tour !

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 20, 2013 15:28

Bellajane
Carnaby

[www.abebooks.com]

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. Thinking about Mick Taylor's wardrobe, his house burned down in 1975 (again in 1979?). I know in the first fire he lost his entire record collection, probably everything else...what a shame.

I'm beginning to think that Rolling Stones guitarists burning their houses down must be more than a coincidence. confused smiley Must check with the conspiracy theory gang.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 20, 2013 15:29

If I recall, the ABB Keith shirt was more turquoise than this tour's shirt.

I'll look for some photographic evidence.

Posted by: ruchin ()
Date: August 20, 2013 15:45

RoughJusticeOnYa

Ronnie was wearing a long sleeve T-shirt at Glastonbury, that I'd really like to put my hands on;
anybody here that can identify it, somehow (like naming the brand or something)?

There's not a lot of good (close-up / frontal) photos around; here's two that might help -

[www.sunspel.com]

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: August 20, 2013 15:51

Of Keith's attire at Glastonbury Frankie Boyle (Scottish comedian) commented, 'Keith Richards looks like a middle aged lesbian on a weekend watercolour painting minibreak'.

RoughJusticeOnYa

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 20, 2013 15:58

latebloomer
If I recall, the ABB Keith shirt was more turquoise than this tour's shirt.

I'll look for some photographic evidence.

The one he wore at the o2 in 2007 looked the same shade of green to me.

Date: August 20, 2013 16:25

Aquamarine
Bellajane
Carnaby

[www.abebooks.com]

I'm beginning to think that Rolling Stones guitarists burning their houses down must be more than a coincidence. confused smiley Must check with the conspiracy theory gang.

To be honest with you, I think I read somewhere on this forum that the Rolling Stones were trying to kill Taylor in the 1975 fire for leaving the band. The Stones are many things, but murderers? Plus, they wouldn't have wanted to kill his wife and little girl. That's a bit much. It's really odd that he lost his home twice. The first time he was on tour with Jack Bruce. Maybe it was a drug deal gone bad? I'm sure he and his wife met up with their fair share of shady characters!smiling smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 20, 2013 16:48

ruchin
RoughJusticeOnYa

[www.sunspel.com]

...THanx for that; but it's not there.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 20, 2013 17:07

I like the rock'n'roll style Ronnie keeps sporting:-

Posted by: ruchin ()
Date: August 20, 2013 17:08

RoughJusticeOnYa
ruchin
RoughJusticeOnYa

[www.sunspel.com]

Big designers don't neccesarily put everything on their website, it might be on another website, you may have to look for it.

For example Keith's T shirt isn't on their website, but is on sale here. [www.oipolloi.com]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 20, 2013 21:45

RoughJusticeOnYa
ruchin
RoughJusticeOnYa

RJ, Ronnie's shirt looks to me like he did it himself. I know, I like it too, and have looked to see if it's for sale anywhere.
His original line of clothing had a few shirts similar to that, I thought. Then too, he may have used the company at the link for backgrounds as noted in the article, and shown in the red shirt.

[www.sunspel.com]

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 20, 2013 23:13

This is the one, isn't it? (Photo from Chicago 2 courtesy of bye bye johnny)

I've certainly seen it described as a "hand-painted T-shirt" so maybe it's one of a kind?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 20, 2013 23:59

>>>>To be honest with you, I think I read somewhere on this forum that the Rolling Stones were trying to kill Taylor in the 1975 fire for leaving the band. <<<<

I have never, ever heard of the RS burning down Mick Taylor's house as payback for his departure from the band. The search function on IORR shows no post related to this.

What you may be thinking of is that there is a theory that Brian Jones' death was a result of Mick and Keith taking a contract on Brian in order to secure the rights to the RS name. AFAIK, there has never been any evidence to support this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-21 00:16 by Bliss.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 21, 2013 00:10

Bliss
I have never, ever heard of the RS burning down Mick Taylor's house as payback for his departure from the band. The search function on IORR shows no post related to this.

What you may be thinking of is that there is a theory that Brian Jones' death was a result of Mick and Keith taking a contract on Brian in order to secure the rights to the RS name. AFAIK, there has never been any evidence to support this.

No evident then the case is closed....(not sure what case) but lets closed it confused smiley......... come peolpe don't place rubbish or react stupid conspiracy on IORR

Date: August 21, 2013 00:56

I know I read it somewhere as I surely couldn't nor wouldn't make something like that up. I thought it was here...who knows where really... there's so much on the Internet about them...but I got a good chuckle out of it. Very outrageous! Let's face it, there's so much crap and nonsense written about the Rolling Stones; if someone had the time, it just might be worthwhile and profitable to write a book dispelling all of the rumors. It'll probably be a huge undertaking!grinning smiley

Date: August 21, 2013 01:37

Bellajane
I know I read it somewhere as I surely couldn't nor wouldn't make something like that up. I thought it was here...who knows where really... there's so much on the Internet about them...but I got a good chuckle out of it. Very outrageous! Let's face it, there's so much crap and nonsense written about the Rolling Stones; if someone had the time, it just might be worthwhile and profitable to write a book dispelling all of the rumors. It'll probably be a huge undertaking!grinning smiley

Let's face it, there's so much crap and nonsense written about the Rolling Stones; I only read the things that are the true...don't know what you read grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-21 01:40 by NICOS.

Date: August 21, 2013 01:59

Sometimes I have no idea what I'm reading to be honest. You just have to take everything with a grain of salt. According to Keith, Stanley Booth's book, "The True Adventures of the Rolling Stones," was the real deal. I hope none of the Rolling Stones surf the Net..it could get very depressing. I'm outta here, have a good night!smileys with beer

Date: August 21, 2013 02:09

Bellajane
Sometimes I have no idea what I'm reading to be honest. You just have to take everything with a grain of salt. According to Keith, Stanley Booth's book, "The True Adventures of the Rolling Stones," was the real deal. I hope none of the Rolling Stones surf the Net..it could get very depressing. I'm outta here, have a good night!smileys with beer

I only hope your out for tonight..............smileys with beer..........see ya tomorrow...b.w.t they not as bad as they look

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 21, 2013 08:39

My favorite attire:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home