Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: OT: The King OF BEERS !
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 19, 2013 22:04

Vodka and Coke is a popular mix in the U.K. and was a staple part of my late-teens diet. It's an expensive and wasteful option in bars these days, though - never enough vodka, too much ice, etc - but it can be a delicious drink. I'm often tempted to keep a bottle of Smirnoff at home, but I don't trust myself not to get sloshed midday, frankly.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 20, 2013 08:58

Big Al
Vodka and Coke is a popular mix in the U.K. and was a staple part of my late-teens diet. It's an expensive and wasteful option in bars these days, though - never enough vodka, too much ice, etc - but it can be a delicious drink. I'm often tempted to keep a bottle of Smirnoff at home, but I don't trust myself not to get sloshed midday, frankly.

Right on Al, you taught me something. smileys with beer

I was kind of surprised to read about V&C... but sure enough.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 20, 2013 09:29

I'm not a bartender but vodka and cola do not mix very well. Rum and cola is a better mix. Try vodka and tonic instead. If you want something simple but effective. Of course there are hundreds of ways to mix your vodka...

Date: September 20, 2013 10:03

Stoneage
I'm not a bartender but vodka and cola do not mix very well. Rum and cola is a better mix. Try vodka and tonic instead. If you want something simple but effective. Of course there are hundreds of ways to mix your vodka...

I'll take an Absolut on the rocks please... maybe with a squeeze of limon.

Date: September 20, 2013 10:05

Jamaica rum and lots of lime, please! smileys with beer

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: September 20, 2013 19:15

crholmstrom
Guiness does supply all the daily nutritional requirements for a day in a glass.

How big must be that glass?

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: September 20, 2013 19:27

Bud sucks...it really does. I remember in college a friend of mine used to dunk chocolate chip cookies in her beer (Bud). Horrible. I'm a wine drinker now, but I used to love Bass Ale, Tennants Lager, and Tartan Ale. I've tried Pilsner Urquel and Red Stripe a couple of times which weren't bad either.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: September 20, 2013 23:21

Bud is the best! Pabst 2nd

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 20, 2013 23:36

michaelsavage
Bud is the best! Pabst 2nd

There's an echo in here.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 21, 2013 00:22

Bellajane
Bud sucks...it really does. I remember in college a friend of mine used to dunk chocolate chip cookies in her beer (Bud). Horrible. I'm a wine drinker now, but I used to love Bass Ale, Tennants Lager, and Tartan Ale. I've tried Pilsner Urquel and Red Stripe a couple of times which weren't bad either.

That is disgusting.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 21, 2013 01:30

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 21, 2013 01:40

That boutigue beer is a little bit daunting...it might be time to leave the playground again.

Think maybe I'll a go go over to the whiskey thread...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-21 01:55 by latebloomer.

Date: September 30, 2013 01:16

It's Sunday evening and time to crack-open that first can of Grolcsh. Anyone going to join me?

Date: September 30, 2013 01:36

Big Al
It's Sunday evening and time to crack-open that first can of Grolcsh. Anyone going to join me?
I will smileys with beer Cheers Al

Date: October 4, 2013 06:06

It's approaching the end of Thursday evening and I have been enjoying a few Tuborg Gold and Greens. Now cracking-opening a can of Grolcsh to end the evening.

Cheers to all my fellow booze-hounds and a big raspberry to all those teetotal fools! smileys with beer

OT: Say aaahhhh...!!!
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 9, 2013 20:55

Re: OT: Say aaahhhh...!!!
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 9, 2013 21:11

ahhhhh...

Date: October 10, 2013 20:14

BUDWEISER is best beer. PBR is close second, for sure.

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: October 10, 2013 20:52

Bud is tasty for sure!

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: October 10, 2013 20:56

DandelionPowderman
Jamaica rum and lots of lime, please! smileys with beer

Appleton Estate

Date: October 10, 2013 21:49

Argh!

Date: October 12, 2013 04:01

It's 9:00 p.m. EST time and have cracked-open the first can of Grolsch. What's everyone else drinking this fine Friday evening? Cheers smileys with beer

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 12, 2013 04:46

Dang...had a Brooklyn lager but switched to the grape....La Joya Carmenere from Chile...

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: October 13, 2013 02:20

Americans, I mean those Americans living in the USA that is. Have a strange belief that the commercial beer they drink is actually good beer! Man how wrong can that many people be? Budweiser, Busch, PBR, and yes even the real Banquet Coors beer are all appaling pretenders when it comes to REAL BEER! Even any run of the mill Canadian commercially produced beer is way ahead of these brands in taste quality and alchohol content and our beer pales badly "no pun intended", compared to products produced in Europe and any decent brew pub in North America. Theres tons of good beer out there. Bud doesn't make it though and neither does Molson Canadian. It's found in your local mini brewpub or imported from other countries if we like it or not? And even my old favorites like Coors and PBR don't quite cut it anymore now that I've found so much better.

Date: December 24, 2013 21:55

It's Christmas Eve and I'll soon be cracking-open a can of 'Moosehead Lager' What's everyone else jollying-up on on this festive occasion? Cheers to all! smileys with beer

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: December 24, 2013 22:24

Buttwiper has to be one of the worst beers in the world.....how so many people like it is beyond me

Date: December 24, 2013 22:35

rob51
Americans, I mean those Americans living in the USA that is. Have a strange belief that the commercial beer they drink is actually good beer! Man how wrong can that many people be? Budweiser, Busch, PBR, and yes even the real Banquet Coors beer are all appaling pretenders when it comes to REAL BEER! Even any run of the mill Canadian commercially produced beer is way ahead of these brands in taste quality and alchohol content and our beer pales badly "no pun intended", compared to products produced in Europe and any decent brew pub in North America. Theres tons of good beer out there. Bud doesn't make it though and neither does Molson Canadian. It's found in your local mini brewpub or imported from other countries if we like it or not? And even my old favorites like Coors and PBR don't quite cut it anymore now that I've found so much better.

Wrong. Again. BUD 1; PBR 2

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 24, 2013 22:42

michaelsavage
rob51

Funny thing, my favorite beer, not price related, was Mil Best Light. In Peru now, and find Cusquena excellent.

Wrong. Again. BUD 1; PBR 2

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: December 26, 2013 16:55

Your bore me ..... Americans know their beer ... Bud is great !!!!

Date: December 26, 2013 17:20

Indeed! Bud the best

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1598
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home