Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT: My brother Josh is dead
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 18, 2013 05:38

Very sad! Always be mindful to stay strong, and it will get easier.
Hope you find peace and comfort soon.

Posted by: slakka ()
Date: August 18, 2013 08:29

SINCERE CONDOLENCES TO YOU SIR!
AND WHAT A VERY LOVELY GROUP OF FOLKS HERE ON IORR. VERY MOVING.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: August 18, 2013 09:58

May the God of all Comfort comfort you and his wife and kids! May He grant you His Peace and wrap His Loving Arms around you.
There is an author named Rick Warren whose son just committed suicide. He's on fb and teaching on how to get through it now, since about last week or so. You can look him up. He said no words can help. Only God can help.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: August 18, 2013 11:36

Josh's wife Amy sounds like a nasty piece of work, she'll have to live with the damage she inflected for the rest of her life.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 18, 2013 12:04

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Cannot imagine what it's like and hope you get through this somehow.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 18, 2013 12:49

Sorry to hear such a sad event,must be very hard to take your own life ,but harder for those around to understand why.
Depression is not always the cause but it is often a symptom and not easy to spot every time.
Whatever drove Josh to that ulimate decision ,only he knew,does not help those left behind.
You and your family have my deepest sympathy.
one can only hope that time will heal

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 18, 2013 14:41

Milkyway, my prayers go to not only you but the entire family and your beloved brother's friendships as well.

Courage to express is immeasurable.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 18, 2013 17:14

I am sorry for your loss.
God Bless.

Posted by: MitchSeaGull ()
Date: August 18, 2013 17:16

There was a beautiful 29 year old model who committed suicide yesterday. Her boyfriend was with the NHL and she had starred in a tv show. She was gorgeous and successful. Who would think that someone like that would kill herself?

You can't really fathom what is in people's minds .

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 18, 2013 17:45

odean73
so sorry to read about your loss.

Condolences to you and your family.

Remember to tell the kids what a good guy he was.

Once again so sorry to read about your loss and circumstances.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 18, 2013 17:47

MitchSeaGull
There was a beautiful 29 year old model who committed suicide yesterday. Her boyfriend was with the NHL and she had starred in a tv show. She was gorgeous and successful. Who would think that someone like that would kill herself?

You can't really fathom what is in people's minds .

It will be the only private place that will be left for us..........now and then not sure about future though ...............

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 18, 2013 19:25

Condolences. Very sorry to hear about this. I just carelessly lost my drivers license, credit cards etc...and I was complaining and acting like it was the end of the world..
This puts things in perspective.
Keep the happy memories alive.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 18, 2013 20:21

Terrible News!

God Bless.

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: August 18, 2013 20:26

remember the good times , My condolences to you and your family

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 18, 2013 21:01

MW I am at a loss. It happened in in my fam too very recently . It leaves a lot of unanswered questions and guilt but I think depression is brain sickness and it is a killer.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 19, 2013 02:01

You have my most sincere sympathy...any kind of loss of a family member is awful. Do whatever you need to do to bring peace to your family and yourself. The worst thing you can do is blame yourself or someone else close to him. I believe that it's nearly impossible to prevent a suicide when ones' mind is made up. You will be in my prayers.

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: August 19, 2013 14:33

Oh my.........people sometimes take blessings for granted, having children for instance, they are fragile, and need to be groomed for the life they have ahead of them. A very sad story MILKYWAY.......we all send you the hope of peace, and the power to get through.

MILKYWAY
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. Josh had been drinking heavily since our mother died in late-March 2013. I also understand he was having marital problems. My other brother, Eddie, was Josh's best friend & he has given me a lot of background information about Josh's final days.

Josh felt guilty about not spending so much time with my mom before her death. Mom had been in a vegatative state since a car accident St. Patrick's Day 1987 (26 years). It was hard for him to see Mom in that state. Josh's wife , Amy, refused to go to my mother's internment, and Josh was embarrassed by her absence.

About a week ago -- Apparently, Amy was angry with Josh when she found a small bag of marijuana in his jeans. Amy took all of Josh's inheritance money (that he had received from Mom -- about US$50,000) from a joint checking account and placed it in an account in her name only, so that Josh couldn't access the money. Amy then kicked Josh out of the house and told Josh she was moving several states away with their children & that she would make sure Josh never saw his children again.

I know Josh pulled the trigger but I hold Amy responsible. She used to call him a bad father to his children. In FRONT of his children. In his suicide letter, he apologized for being a bad father. Josh loved his children dearly and everyone I have spoken with agrees he was a GREAT dad.

EDITED FOR SPELLING

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: August 19, 2013 16:02

dcba
Make sue you bring the kids to a psychologist : in a sad case like this young children are prone to think it's their fault if Dad or Mom committed suicide.

So they have to be explained it's not the case, otherwise the guilt can cripple their entire adult life.

I'm so so sorry to hear your news, Milkyway, and wish you and your family the strength to get through this. Give eachother love and support. A close friend was 7 when she lost her mother to suicide. It is still a very painful subject for my friend but she did find counselling immensely helpful. It helped her understand that it wasn't her fault - her mother had suffered from the terrible illness of depression.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: August 19, 2013 17:00

I didn't know what to expect when I opened this thread, but I was deeply moved by your story, Milkyway. I pray that you and your family will find peace in the future. And I hope you will be able to spend time with your brother's children and give them a side of their dad that maybe they aren't receiving.

I was also moved by the outpouring of sympathy and hope from the members of IORR.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: August 19, 2013 19:40

MILKYWAY
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. Josh had been drinking heavily since our mother died in late-March 2013. I also understand he was having marital problems. My other brother, Eddie, was Josh's best friend & he has given me a lot of background information about Josh's final days.

Josh felt guilty about not spending so much time with my mom before her death. Mom had been in a vegatative state since a car accident St. Patrick's Day 1987 (26 years). It was hard for him to see Mom in that state. Josh's wife , Amy, refused to go to my mother's internment, and Josh was embarrassed by her absence.

About a week ago -- Apparently, Amy was angry with Josh when she found a small bag of marijuana in his jeans. Amy took all of Josh's inheritance money (that he had received from Mom -- about US$50,000) from a joint checking account and placed it in an account in her name only, so that Josh couldn't access the money. Amy then kicked Josh out of the house and told Josh she was moving several states away with their children & that she would make sure Josh never saw his children again.

I know Josh pulled the trigger but I hold Amy responsible. She used to call him a bad father to his children. In FRONT of his children. In his suicide letter, he apologized for being a bad father. Josh loved his children dearly and everyone I have spoken with agrees he was a GREAT dad.

EDITED FOR SPELLING
Once again i am very sorry loss MILKYWAY sad smiley

Posted by: Lumpy ()
Date: August 19, 2013 19:57

Sorry for your loss.
Hope everyone is as well as can be.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 20, 2013 12:16

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.

Just hold onto the good, sweet times buddy. And as tough as some times no doubt were, I am SURE you had some great times as well. Remember him in THAT spirit and keep YOUR head up high.

Rgds
Rod
Perth

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: August 20, 2013 12:29

My condolences as well ... this sounds so terribly sad!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 20, 2013 16:54

MarthaTuesday
dcba
Make sue you bring the kids to a psychologist : in a sad case like this young children are prone to think it's their fault if Dad or Mom committed suicide.

So they have to be explained it's not the case, otherwise the guilt can cripple their entire adult life.

I'm so so sorry to hear your news, Milkyway, and wish you and your family the strength to get through this. Give eachother love and support. A close friend was 7 when she lost her mother to suicide. It is still a very painful subject for my friend but she did find counselling immensely helpful. It helped her understand that it wasn't her fault - her mother had suffered from the terrible illness of depression.

Shrinks usually say things that may appear simple/simplistic to adults but which are very helpful to children like "your Dad/Mom did what he/she did cos he/she found living too painful and he/she wanted to stop suffering. That's very sad but this is sth you will understand as you grow up".

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: August 20, 2013 17:47

What a tragic situation. We can never really know the pain people are experiencing until it's too late. I hope time brings some relief to your family. I'm glad you had the chance to spend some time with your brother recently.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 21, 2013 14:04

Hey Milky !
I just found out your post ,well what could I say since I get no brother no sister
but be sure I felt the pain in your words
Sincery yours ,
Sway

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: August 21, 2013 16:58

God Bless.

Posted by: michel ()
Date: August 21, 2013 23:28

Very sad. I wish you all the best, stay strong.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: September 1, 2013 12:15

How are you holding up now? Something (planetary influences maybe) are pushing people & festering situations to the brink lately. Had 3 police calls to my home the last 2 weeks! Arrrgh! Stay strong! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: stringpull ()
Date: September 1, 2013 14:47

so sorry, stay strong. its a wicked world

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home