Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: McCartney Tour
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 18, 2005 23:34

Just read on CANOE.ca website that Paul McCartney has announced tour dates for this fall in support of his yet to be released CD. Only one Canadian show (Toronto). No mention about his age and if this will be his last tour, unlike how the press report a certain other band.
Looks like we'll be seeing Stones/Beatles comparisons again this fall.

Re: OT: McCartney Tour
Posted by: fxc1 ()
Date: April 19, 2005 00:20

paul mc = ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: April 19, 2005 00:24

at least macca still plays in tune...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 19, 2005 00:48

He's been riding on the coat-tails of the Beatles success since 1970.
He really needs to focus on writing some decent new tunes rather than regurgitating all the old Beatles classics.
I bet George and John are pissed off about this, rolling in their graves.

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: April 19, 2005 01:02

In fact I like his solo stuff MORE than his Beatles stuff. But whatever you say about his solo work: At least he has an output. When did the last Stones studio album come out?

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: April 19, 2005 01:31

One has to wonder, with Macca, U2 and The Stones on tour this year how much will the fans have to shell out for Tickets.

Hairball wrote
He really needs to focus on writing some decent new tunes rather than regurgitating all the old Beatles classics.

My question is for the price of Stones Tix is it worth it to hear 3 maybe 4 songs you've never heard before? If they go for $200 or more in a stadium, for me the answer is no way. The same holds true for Macca.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: April 19, 2005 02:34

Sam, I try not to get upset by ticket prices but I confess, I DO! THEY ARE OUTRAGEOUS! I must be getting old, I remember when a Stones ticket cost $15! Yicks!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 19, 2005 02:42

Paul should at least invite RINGO to join him on this new tour, thats the least he could do for the true "backbeat" of the Beatles.
Just as the Stones need to reunite with Mick Taylor for a special occasion, the same can be said for Paul and Ringo.

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: April 19, 2005 05:46

mccartney in 2002 was a truley awesome tour,msg,i was there.great band,great set list,in great voice ,etc,etc.

john scialfa

Date: April 19, 2005 10:17

@backstreetboy, yeah it was a great tour. The Summer 04 was even a little bit better: He did more rockers like Got To Get You Into My Life, Drive My Car, Helter Skelter, I´ve Got A Feeling etc. This time Europe was first. I think he will do a good part of his 2004 program on the new tour.

Date: April 19, 2005 10:23

There´s no money left for the Stones with U2 and Macca on US tour. I know they won´t but they should better start in Europe. There is such a demand for live acts this year it´s unbelievable. People have not spent much on concerts the last years, even the Stones had problems in 2003 and did not sell out all their shows. But this year: Bruce Springsteen sold out all his german shows in 20 minutes. Back in 2003 this took weeks. U2 sold out in half an hour.

Is there money left for the Stones?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 19, 2005 11:09

Well, I am not so sure that what holds for Bruce Springsteen (or U2) will hold for the Stones. I just can't imagine that the demand for to see The Stones live have increased in two years. They had really problems to fill the places last time, and now with approximately more expensive tickets, it will not be easier. And what I heard from Bruce fans (I am not of them) he won't do so many gigs, no stadiums, just smaller venues, and people are very thrilled to see him so intimate, just the man and the guitar. If the Stones would do only a arena tour in Europe with decent 'stadium' prices, they would very easily sdell out the tour in hours. But as we know, this scenario will not happen.

- Doxa

P.S. When Springsteen did his 2003 European Tour, he sold out - without any warm ups - two gigs in Helsinki Olympic stadion very easily. In the same summer The Stones had very much trouble to sell out one gig over there, and finally to manage to do that, they needed to add ZZ Top to the bill. The enthuasism to witness 'the legends for the very last time' by the masses is seemingly decreased at least here in Finland. But for the record, Paul McCartney couldn't fill the stadium either last summer, hahahaa...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 19, 2005 11:15

Hey its great to be cheered up first thing in the morning...'In fact I like his solo stuff MORE than his Beatles stuff."...an absolute classic (unlike the solo stuff! Name ONE album thats any good?)

Everyone sounds very downbeat about a new stones tour. "at least macca still plays in tune..." etc. etc. Good to see ol Mick Taylor getting a mention though...I'd missed him.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 19, 2005 11:22

Just one album?

Ram, Band on The Run, Tug of War, Flaming Pie, Run Devil Run, Flowers in the Dirt, Red Rose Speedway, McCartney, McCartney II

all great McCartney (& Wings) albums.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: April 19, 2005 11:56

The band McCartney played with at the last Super Bowl was superb. I think someone on here said it was the same band he used on his last tour. If that's the case you should be in for a good show. As far as his solo albums go, I didn't know that he had made any since Band On the Run? (lol)

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 19, 2005 12:19

'McCartney' album is absolutely dire and don't get me on Tug of War....but then each to his own eh!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: April 19, 2005 12:31

I saw McCartney in 2002 and it was a great. His band is super!!!
I only wanted to see him ones so i won't go this tour but you should see him. Although i think he hasn't got much stage presents wich is to bad. Everybody loves him during the concert because he is such a big name but he looks so silly on stage!

And by the way he made some good records in the seventies on his ones.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: April 19, 2005 12:43

I saw him two nights in a row the last time he toured and the two shows were identical.

So I was a bit disappointed after the second show... but after the first show I was knocked off my feet. Brilliant show. Fantastic band, great setlist (although I would have loved to hear Penny Lane & Get Back).

You can say what you want about him, but without him popmusic would have sounded entirely different.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: April 19, 2005 13:46

Debra wrote
Sam, I try not to get upset by ticket prices but I confess, I DO! THEY ARE OUTRAGEOUS! I must be getting old, I remember when a Stones ticket cost $15! Yicks!

I too remember when tix for a show were under $20.00 but like everything else prices do go up. I saw Macca in '76, from what I have seen Macca uses the same effects for Live and Let Die today as he did then.

Date: April 19, 2005 15:52

Hi Bowie Stone. He did Penny Lane and Get Back on his Summer tour 2004. So maybe he does them in 2005.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 19, 2005 18:21

I saw Macca in 2003 and in Horsens 2004. This tour I won't see. Not that he's bad. He rocks very much. But I wanna see as many Stones shows as possible.
(That's the spirit grinning smiley)

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 19, 2005 22:18

I still don't see why one can't be a fan of both the Stones and the Beatles, as well as many other excellent and varied artists of many forms of music. I can love Otis Redding, Led Zep, Bach, and George Jones without seeing the problem. Hey, it's all music.

Date: April 19, 2005 22:44

One can be fan of both. But I can understand that you just don't like The Beatles (or The Stones).
But you must respect them both.

I love both, but The Stones are #1.

Date: April 20, 2005 12:21

Debra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sam, I try not to get upset by ticket prices but I
> confess, I DO! THEY ARE OUTRAGEOUS! I must be
> getting old, I remember when a Stones ticket cost
> $15! Yicks!

Debra, honey... I remember NYC '72 when the tix were $6.50!!!!!!!!!!! That was the year I became indignant because a pair of new blue jeans cost... $7.00! Now a f*cking latte w/all the bells and whistles costs seven bucks!!!!!

Hah!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home