Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones merchandise
Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: July 31, 2013 14:30

What I've learnt from my recent purchase of a couple of items of "men's apparel" from the stones shop via their I-pad app is this:-

How to make money (or more money in this case)

1-buy crate loads of plain, poor quality t-shirts, hoodies, "thermals"( that's a laugh in itself) etc from somewhere like Bangladesh and pay someone probably a pittance to iron some logos on them. Cost-bugger all

2-flog em to suckers like me for say 20 times cost

3-watch it roll in

I'm not complaining even though it sounds like it. I approve of capitalism within reason. But if your thinking about buying something to have your own little 50tn anniversary momento, remember its buyer beware

Re: Stones merchandise
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 31, 2013 14:39

I got a few tshirts. The artwork is good but the tshirts aren't very good quality. Took a real long time to get too. @ $40 each was expecting better.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 31, 2013 15:34

I bought 11, or 14, shirts for this latest tour.

The shirts themselves are kind of thin. The sizes are all over the place though. The city specific shirts seemed to be an atleast an inch shorter than the regular shirts.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 31, 2013 16:04

MingSubu
I bought 11, or 14, shirts for this latest tour.

The shirts themselves are kind of thin. The sizes are all over the place though. The city specific shirts seemed to be an atleast an inch shorter than the regular shirts.

WOW!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 31, 2013 16:56

I've purchased many shirts over the years from various tours. I usually wear the crap out of them, so they don't generally last many years.

I think the Voodoo Lounge had the best designs and lasted the longest despite wearing it the most. I was surprised to have seen several people wearing vintage Steel Wheels tour t shirts at a few shows on the recent tour. My Steel Wheels shirt is long gone.

I purchased a shirt at the 2nd O2 show, Cream colored with many assorted tongues on the front and the 5 dates of the winter tour on the back. It is already fading badly. I don't remember the exact price but it was expensive. Maybe £40.

I hate iron on t shirts. I only (knowingly) purchase screen print designs and wish online retailers listed in the description if the shirt is a screen print or iron on. They usually don't. I purchased a '78 tour re-issue shirt online recently and was disappointed when it arrived it was an iron on decal. The price was very reasonable though. I think around $17 usd.

Target has a line of screen printed retro looking Stones T-shirts that for the price are a good value. I think I paid about $14 usd for the shirt and it is holding up pretty well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-31 16:58 by jazzbass.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: July 31, 2013 17:06

I bought 2 shirts recently

A tour shirt at the Boston show and a retro shirt from the Stones online store. They were both thin cheap shirts with printed in tags an were supposed to be 2xl but fit like an xl size at best.

The Anvil brand tour shirts from the old tours are excellent quality and fit properly. The new stuff is garbage so don't waste your money.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 31, 2013 17:17

It's a real challenge to find stones related clothing that fit women nicely. I have a few official tour tee's, which I wear mostly around the house as even the smalls are baggy. I've let me son borrow them cause they are a cool conversation piece with his friends.

But, I have had good luck with Kohl's and I really like the shirts I've ordered online from a company called Amplified.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 31, 2013 18:27

LB...when your son writes his memoir, he can call it "Mama was a Rolling Stone"

Date: July 31, 2013 18:37

stonesrule
LB...when your son writes his memoir, he can call it "Mama was a Rolling Stone"

HAH! That's a good one stonesrule, I"ll have to suggest it to him. He is the only one who's picked up some of my Stones obsession, the rest of the family just tolerate it.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: July 31, 2013 19:45

Yes the shirts this year are paper thin, may I ask why? They should had them put on thick shirts, is that ignoring the fans?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 31, 2013 21:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-31 22:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: August 1, 2013 07:19

The shirt I got with my k2 Stones skis is of high quality. Otherwise I buy Stones stuff on ebay. The 50 year logo is too busy for me anyway.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 1, 2013 08:10

Never mind the shirts, feel the posters--or something . .

I collect posters of shows I've been to. One artist I follow very closely has beautiful artwork on his posters which are specific to each show, and my house is basically decorated with these--I also have whatever other show posters I've been able to get (restricting them to shows I've attended is one way not to go broke and/or wallpaper the entire house with them), and the interesting ones end up on the wall. Why don't the Stones produce good posters, specific to each show? It's not like there are dozens of shows. And I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to have a lithograph of that horrible gorilla on my wall. thumbs down (I've got the cheap poster, which is a totally uninspired pic in which Keith looks awful, though the others look good.)

So anyway. Sorry about the rant, but I feel like a deprived poster-collector. I WANT to throw more money at them!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 1, 2013 09:58

Aquamarine

I collect posters of shows I've been to. One artist I follow very closely has beautiful artwork on his posters which are specific to each show, and my house is basically decorated with these--I also have whatever other show posters I've been able to get (restricting them to shows I've attended is one way not to go broke and/or wallpaper the entire house with them), and the interesting ones end up on the wall. Why don't the Stones produce good posters, specific to each show? It's not like there are dozens of shows. And I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to have a lithograph of that horrible gorilla on my wall. thumbs down (I've got the cheap poster, which is a totally uninspired pic in which Keith looks awful, though the others look good.)

So anyway. Sorry about the rant, but I feel like a deprived poster-collector. I WANT to throw more money at them!

Any chance you could tell me who the artist is please?

I was going to order a hyde park t-shirt, but after reading this postings thinks i will hold onto my money.

The one thing i meant to get was a few carrier bags.eye popping smiley

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: August 1, 2013 10:01

Aquamarine

Aquamarine, feeling the posters is forbidden on this board. Please check BV's rules again.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 1, 2013 10:23

Aquamarine

My collection is pretty similar to yours.
I still am looking for the Marseille 2003 and Nice 2007 poster, if anyone can help !.Can you post a pic of your 50&counting poster if you got one. It's the only tour I haven't a poster for.

Here's a good part of my collection : Stones concert posters

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-01 10:27 by Doc.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: August 1, 2013 14:12

The bootleg shirts I got outside the concerts are better quality tshirts than the official ones which are very thin. Also, I got an XL in Chicago and it is much smaller in size than the XL I got in Philly.
Evolution tongue shirt from December is already fading.
Longest lasting shirt was the skeleton shirt I got in 94 its still hanging in there.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 1, 2013 14:32

not disparage Mexico but thats where the tshirts were made. NAFTA in action.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 1, 2013 14:56

Doc
Aquamarine

My collection is pretty similar to yours.
I still am looking for the Marseille 2003 and Nice 2007 poster, if anyone can help !.Can you post a pic of your 50&counting poster if you got one. It's the only tour I haven't a poster for.

Here's a good part of my collection : Stones concert posters

Some nice posters.

Like the bigger bang one just with the tongue. I also have the nashville one.

Date: August 2, 2013 01:48

Doc

Can you post a pic of your 50&counting poster if you got one.

All I got is this one, which I don't even know for sure is official

and that one of the four of them outside the Marquee.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 2, 2013 01:54

Aquamarine
Doc

Can you post a pic of your 50&counting poster if you got one.

All I got is this one, which I don't even know for sure is official

and that one of the four of them outside the Marquee.

It's clearly a fake...the gorilla in your poster looks like it may have plaque buildup on it's teeth, a main cause of gingivitis.

Date: August 2, 2013 01:55

treaclefingers

It's clearly a fake...the gorilla in your poster looks like it may have plaque buildup on it's teeth, a main cause of gingivitis.

Well, I'm not going to volunteer to brush his teeth.

Date: August 2, 2013 02:16

Me either.

He's not going on my wall, either, but at least it has a listing of the shows on it.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: August 2, 2013 02:51

This is still my fav from Pitsburgh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-02 02:52 by black n blue.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: August 2, 2013 02:54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2480
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home