Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Eagles stage
Date: July 29, 2013 23:10

steverogan
DandelionPowderman
steverogan
DandelionPowderman
steverogan
I saw the show in MA. A great show... 3 hours, 27 songs... Bernie Leadon plays on about 1/2 the songs. I am going to one of the MSG shows on a VIP package.
As far as side stage seating - check YT vid below- It appears to be shot from second level.

Check this link- scroll a little of the way down and you'll see some side stage obstruction; I am not sure what it is nor can I say it would affect your sightline.

?

[www.eaglesonlinecentral.com]

Honestly, I'd check Stubhub or another reseller too, Or perhaps sit in the 200s at MSG- they have seats in 4th row on 200 level 2 sections away from stage. They look to be the best. Good luck.

I like some of the Eagles's stuff, but this was downright horrible, imo.

I know they can do better, btw smiling smiley

The song was actually a Joe Walsh solo song. Have you seen the show or any show the Eagles have done in the last 15 years? We all have different tastes, on this board we are Stones fans and share that in common. IMO the Eagles put on one of the best shows, they sound great, don't f&ck up any solos with drunk players on stage, play for 3 hours and approximately 27 songs.

I like them and so do millions of others--. My post was intended for a person who asked a question about the stage.

Birdie asked a question about a stage set up. I responded to the question. Why the f&ck do a$$holes have to chime in with unhelpful nonsense?

A s shole? Really?

As I said, I like some of their songs (and I like Walsh in particular).

I was curious of how they sound now. The Eagles of today sound too sterile and generic to me. This version was sloppy as well.

I'm sure you can take an opinion about this, without calling me an a s shole. However, if you wanna play that game, make no mistake you'll have to find a new user name.

I suggest you chill it, dramatically...

I suggest you read my post.. I said "a$$holeS. There have been several moronic responses to a question a person asked. Offering opinions about a group rather than focus on the question. You saw a YT video- taken from a poor location, with a poor camera and poor microphone, that offers little in terms of the overall production. Have you seen the Eagles live? On this tour? I have seen their tours since 1980.The show is played impeccably and they actually take some risks and do some stuff differently in terms of stripping down arrangements and stage production overall. The format includes some short story telling done by each member and very well played music. I was not singling you out. I was referring to all of the people on a board who, regardless of what a topic is, feel the need to express to the world their OT opinion. "Chilling"? I'm cool.. try "reading for comprehension and placing one post in context to many 101" to get a grasp of what is intended. btw- once you read the entire thread you will see other posts asking "how does your comment help answer birdie's question.

I can see that I didn't contribute to answering Birdie's question, Steve.

However, when you post videos of bands here, you're gonna have to stand criticism, be it good or bad - just like with the Stones.

I have only seen a couple of concerts from latter years on tv/dvd. That's why your video made me curious.

I know that all the musicians in the Eagles are excellent, and I think it's cool that Leadon is back. Their skillfullnes is sometimes their worst enemy, though, since their sound tend to move more over to the slick side at times.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: July 29, 2013 23:25

DandelionPowderman
steverogan
DandelionPowderman
steverogan
DandelionPowderman
steverogan
I saw the show in MA. A great show... 3 hours, 27 songs... Bernie Leadon plays on about 1/2 the songs. I am going to one of the MSG shows on a VIP package.
As far as side stage seating - check YT vid below- It appears to be shot from second level.

Check this link- scroll a little of the way down and you'll see some side stage obstruction; I am not sure what it is nor can I say it would affect your sightline.

?

Honestly, I'd check Stubhub or another reseller too, Or perhaps sit in the 200s at MSG- they have seats in 4th row on 200 level 2 sections away from stage. They look to be the best. Good luck.

The song was actually a Joe Walsh solo song. Have you seen the show or any show the Eagles have done in the last 15 years? We all have different tastes, on this board we are Stones fans and share that in common. IMO the Eagles put on one of the best shows, they sound great, don't f&ck up any solos with drunk players on stage, play for 3 hours and approximately 27 songs.

I like them and so do millions of others--. My post was intended for a person who asked a question about the stage.

Birdie asked a question about a stage set up. I responded to the question. Why the f&ck do a$$holes have to chime in with unhelpful nonsense?

A s shole? Really?

As I said, I like some of their songs (and I like Walsh in particular).

I was curious of how they sound now. The Eagles of today sound too sterile and generic to me. This version was sloppy as well.

I'm sure you can take an opinion about this, without calling me an a s shole. However, if you wanna play that game, make no mistake you'll have to find a new user name.

I suggest you chill it, dramatically...

I suggest you read my post.. I said "a$$holeS. There have been several moronic responses to a question a person asked. Offering opinions about a group rather than focus on the question. You saw a YT video- taken from a poor location, with a poor camera and poor microphone, that offers little in terms of the overall production. Have you seen the Eagles live? On this tour? I have seen their tours since 1980.The show is played impeccably and they actually take some risks and do some stuff differently in terms of stripping down arrangements and stage production overall. The format includes some short story telling done by each member and very well played music. I was not singling you out. I was referring to all of the people on a board who, regardless of what a topic is, feel the need to express to the world their OT opinion. "Chilling"? I'm cool.. try "reading for comprehension and placing one post in context to many 101" to get a grasp of what is intended. btw- once you read the entire thread you will see other posts asking "how does your comment help answer birdie's question.

I can see that I didn't contribute to answering Birdie's question, Steve.

However, when you post videos of bands here, you're gonna have to stand criticism, be it good or bad - just like with the Stones.

I have only seen a couple of concerts from latter years on tv/dvd. That's why your video made me curious.

I know that all the musicians in the Eagles are excellent, and I think it's cool that Leadon is back. Their skillfullnes is sometimes their worst enemy, though, since their sound tend to move more over to the slick side at times.

This is not one of my videos. I posted it to show Birdie a side stage view- trying to help him with his question about "side stage view"- I posted my own videos from The Eagles and The Stones and others on youtube; I posted a few here form the recent tour.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 29, 2013 23:42

steverogan
DandelionPowderman
steverogan

?

It's called the internet.

The anonymity granted by the internet gives people the ability to act tough guys and post hateful, racist, sexist, homophobic, vile garbage that they'd NEVER actually have the balls to say to someone in real life.

It's gotten to the point where I just want to de-activate all my commenting accounts because the hatred and disrespect on message boards and in comments sections is totally out of control. I'm just sick of dealing with the negativity.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: July 30, 2013 00:10

steverogan

Thanks for the input, definitely helpful. I went with the side stage tickets, they seem to be ok. A lot of negativity towards The Eagles. They've made some great music in my opinion.

Date: July 30, 2013 00:17

Keefriff99: since you also quoted my post to get your point across, I can ensure you that I'm not anonymous here, nor am I having problems telling what I like or don't like to someone's face smiling smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 30, 2013 00:35

DandelionPowderman
Keefriff99: since you also quoted my post to get your point across, I can ensure you that I'm not anonymous here, nor am I having problems telling what I like or don't like to someone's face smiling smiley
Oh, I'm not referring to you, or anyone else in particular on this site.

IORR is generally a very pleasant and fun place to post, and that's a testament to Bjornuf. I've been posting here over 10 years (sometimes with very large gaps) and I always end up coming back.

I'm just talking about the phenomenon of internet message boards and comments sections in general.

Date: July 30, 2013 00:39

keefriff99
steverogan
DandelionPowderman
steverogan

?

It's called the internet.

The anonymity granted by the internet gives people the ability to act tough guys and post hateful, racist, sexist, homophobic, vile garbage that they'd NEVER actually have the balls to say to someone in real life.

It's gotten to the point where I just want to de-activate all my commenting accounts because the hatred and disrespect on message boards and in comments sections is totally out of control. I'm just sick of dealing with the negativity.

@ keeriff99
Not sure if your "The anonymity granted by the internet gives people the ability to act tough guys and post hateful, racist, sexist, homophobic, vile garbage that they'd NEVER actually have the balls to say to someone in real life.", comment is meant for me.... I use my real name as my screen name and you can look up my videos online as "boston steve". All that I write on a post is something I would say to a person face to face..
btw... I may be presumptuous but I got a feeling that "keefriff99"is not your real name.

@birdie I am glad if my post helped with your question and your decision. Go to the show.. it is great... I saw it on a 100+ degree night, sweated my ass off, and they played three hours... and IMO they utilized Bernie Leadon a heck of a lot better than MT was utilized on the recent Stones tour. Leadon played on all songs he helped record (plus all encores). The author of the review must have missed the Stones tour or felt it was best use of MTs talents to have him play on 2 songs nightly (3 if you count the nights they played CYHMK or Sway)

Date: July 30, 2013 01:27

keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
Oh, I'm not referring to you, or anyone else in particular on this site.

IORR is generally a very pleasant and fun place to post, and that's a testament to Bjornuf. I've been posting here over 10 years (sometimes with very large gaps) and I always end up coming back.

I'm just talking about the phenomenon of internet message boards and comments sections in general.

Just pulling your leg a bit smiling smiley

I know what you mean, indeed.

Date: July 30, 2013 05:49

I watched that whole documentary on them. What a bunch of douches! I;m sorry - Fry? Doucheleader. Henley? Singing douche. Meisner? God, could there possibly be a bigger wimp? Well, yes: the guy who replaced him.
I like to watch these things because usually I come away with a newfound respect for a band that I dont like too much. But this one went way the other way.
Only Joe Walsh makes the grade.

Scary PS - what happened to Bernie Leadon? Did he join the World Wrestling Federation?

Date: August 3, 2013 21:32

Maybe Bernie went to the "Lisa Fisher, Mick Taylor School of Dieting". Regardless, he still plays great and he is involved to a much greater extent in the show than MT was on tour recently.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: November 13, 2013 02:18

michaelsavage
Very poor band. Super boring

Went to the show last night at MSG. Outstanding 27 song 3 hr set covering their entire career. Excellent musicians and incredible sound, best I've ever heard at a concert. Boring? I think not!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 13, 2013 02:22

..shoot 'em ... don't like birds on stage

ROCKMAN

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: November 13, 2013 09:20

birdie
michaelsavage
Very poor band. Super boring

Went to the show last night at MSG. Outstanding 27 song 3 hr set covering their entire career. Excellent musicians and incredible sound, best I've ever heard at a concert. Boring? I think not!
Good for you, birdie, wish I'd been in town to go! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 13, 2013 09:28

Rockman
..shoot 'em ... don't like birds on stage

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1415
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home