Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick Taylor is rich
Date: July 26, 2013 15:08

One of the most known english expressions in Spain is "My Taylor Is Rich"...

It was for a long time the first sentence to be learnt for every learner.

Nowadays it is a famous and common joke in many circumstances. smiling smiley

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: July 26, 2013 15:15

GOO
He got 3-5 thousand per gig

File under pointless speculation by Nosey Parkers.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 26, 2013 16:06

GOO

I guess they did a helluva lot more gigs than we thought in that case.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 26, 2013 19:06

Wroclaw
GOO

At least for the post 2012 gigs, if this is true, it makes him a bad businessman (unless he has something emotional with re joining the Stones). The MT re joining the Stones made a big thing about this minitour and helped the Stones in branding it as more than a "just for the money" tour. I mean comeon... people who bought full hospitality packages often paid not much less...
well he was on 3 grand a week back in 1969, I'm pretty sure he made more than 3 or 4 per show in 2013

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 26, 2013 19:19

In 69 mt played the whole gig on all songs in 2012-13 he played on 1 song maybe 2.......trust me 3-4k for 1 song is good

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 26, 2013 19:23

GOO
In 69 mt played the whole gig on all songs in 2012-13 he played on 1 song maybe 2.......trust me 3-4k for 1 song is good

You're a bit of an idiot aren't you?

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 26, 2013 19:25

Not really r u? I'm friends with bobby keys son.....I know what they r getting paid

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 26, 2013 19:37

Chacho
According to "Celebrity Net Worth", he is worth US$300,000.

that web site is wildly inaccurate

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 26, 2013 19:55

OK. Let's assume Goo is right. Then taylor would have earned approximately $4000 x 2 songs x 20 gigs which adds up to $160 000 for the whole tour. Not so bad?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 26, 2013 20:52

GOO
Not really r u? I'm friends with bobby keys son.....I know what they r getting paid

...and I'm friends with Chuck Leavell's dogsitter's cousin.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: July 26, 2013 21:02

I've read in more than one place that his pay averaged out to around $50,000+ per show, including the shows they played last fall in the UK and the NY area. He's getting paid a lot more than the Stones' backing musicians. Hence, he's a so-called guest star.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: July 26, 2013 21:04

71Tele
GOO

Nothing against Goo here, as I have no reason to think that he is lying, but 71Tele, you really made me laugh. Thank you mate!!

Date: July 26, 2013 21:05

Kirk
71Tele
GOO

Nothing against Goo here, as I have no reason to think that he is lying, but 71Tele, you really made me laugh. Thank you mate!!

Glad to be of service, Kirk.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 26, 2013 21:07

Stoneage
OK. Let's assume Goo is right. Then taylor would have earned approximately $4000 x 2 songs x 20 gigs which adds up to $160 000 for the whole tour. Not so bad?

He cancelled a tour of Australia (which was when I knew for sure he will be with the Stones also for 2013 - the announcement went on his Facebook page) which would have gained him some income too. Personally I suspect it was also an emotional thing with him - not just money. I recall reading an interview with the late John Entiswitle at about 2000 where he said he was happy the Who is on the road again since it means no longer sleeping in Best Western type of places as he did with his "hobby band". I think that perhaps being the Stones "special guests" + flying business, staying at suites etc. was part of the thing for him. Sometimes people who used to be stars only to live a (relatively) hard life later will do almost anything for a good offer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-26 21:08 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: BUB ()
Date: July 26, 2013 21:32

Mick Taylor earned 50K USD per show!

Hope he´ll can get a better house for that income.

Stones (Mick, Keith & Charlie) earned 3 M. Dollars/show.

Posted by: opentuning ()
Date: July 26, 2013 22:03

BUB
Mick Taylor earned 50K USD per show!

Hope he´ll can get a better house for that income.

Stones (Mick, Keith & Charlie) earned 3 M. Dollars/show.

What did Ronnie earn?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 26, 2013 22:20

to be speculating on Mick Taylor's earnings on his birthday is bad manners.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: July 26, 2013 23:22

greenriver
Won't go on two long years tour for only $82 millions, looks like peanuts. Anyway, at school on english lessons, we all knew that "my taylor is rich".
"My taylor is rich" - that's funny! A woman in Nice told me once that was all the English she ever learned. Not the most useful phrase.

Perhaps "Mick Taylor is rich" would actually start more conversations and should be taught in schools instead.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 26, 2013 23:44

TheGreek
pure rubbish

No. It's a joke

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 27, 2013 00:59

schillid
Isn't it Dick Taylor who's Rich?

Richard, I meant

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 27, 2013 01:11

I'd like to think they paid him a lump sum for the whole year. Paying him by the gig wouldn;t be a fair way of reimbursment - he was on tour with them so surely it would be a fee for the period he is touring rather than per gig. They might pay 3000 per day for the whole tour taking into account all the rehearsal time, travelling, days between gigs all the times which by being on the tour meant he couldn;t work either forhimself or another band, or go into the studio...kinda like compensation...plus epenses.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: July 27, 2013 03:19

I dearly love Mick Taylor's guitar talent. I don't know him as a person. But I had to laugh when I saw possibly the worst photo of him ever taken then reading about his perfume called "Mick Taylor Seduction". Hahaha

Thankfully this article is a farce. Mick is looking a lot better and healthier these days. Good on him.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: July 27, 2013 04:53

Mick Taylor: Recent News

HOT JULY 26, 2013
Mick Taylor Named Sexiest Guitarist Alive
LOVE JULY 23, 2013
Mick Taylor Engaged?
BREAKING UP JULY 19, 2013
Mick Taylor Single Again?
BABIES JULY 25, 2013
Mick Taylor to Be a Dad?
PETS JULY 21, 2013
Mick Taylor’s Dog Recovering from Surgery
MUSIC JULY 2013
Mick Taylor: New Album and 2014 World Tour?
LOVE JULY 27, 2013
Mick Taylor: Secretly Married?
RUMOR JULY 2013
Death Hoax says “Mick Taylor dies at 64”
BUZZ JULY 27, 2013
Mick Taylor goes ‘Gangnam Style’

Funny jerks!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 27, 2013 17:10

Imagine how much money Taylor would have if everyone who spent so many hours posting and posting and posting to that "We want Mick Taylor on more songs" thread, had instead sent him their "time value in money". How many hours were spent posting 2,919 times? Time is money. I wonder how much per hour Taylorheads value their time per hour? Any math wizards in the house?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-27 17:14 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 27, 2013 18:05

Max'sKansasCity
Imagine how much money Taylor would have if everyone who spent so many hours posting and posting and posting to that "We want Mick Taylor on more songs" thread, had instead sent him their "time value in money". How many hours were spent posting 2,919 times? Time is money. I wonder how much per hour Taylorheads value their time per hour? Any math wizards in the house?

Still bitter I see.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 27, 2013 18:22

Max'sKansasCity

Another dull and totally useless post by this guy. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to post here regularily as I did years ago any longer, but every time I check in to read something interesting here, I find that nearly all the threads are polluted with his meaningless and self-important trash. Here's a human being with much too much time on his or her hands. Shame.

Date: July 27, 2013 18:26

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Still bitter I see.

And out in left field, with another bizarre comment,
its 71Tele posting another puzzling, nonsensical statement.

Date: July 27, 2013 18:28

retired_dog
Max'sKansasCity

Another dull and totally useless post by this guy. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to post here regularily as I did years ago any longer, but every time I check in to read something interesting here, I find that nearly all the threads are polluted with his meaningless and self-important trash. Here's a human being with much too much time on his or her hands. Shame.

wut?

Date: July 27, 2013 18:31

I made simple query, a math question, thats all.
No need for the Taylorheads to get their panties in a bind, again.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 27, 2013 19:04

Max'sKansasCity
I made simple query, a math question, thats all.
No need for the Taylorheads to get their panties in a bind, again.

Ah, a scientist, I see! Stop your stupid labeling, I am no "Taylorhead". Your posts or rants are insults for any at least halfway intelligent person to read. You surely think that you're the king of this board, not?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1137
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home