Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
All that's left for live records is...
Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: July 23, 2013 19:01

A solid document of the Voodoo Lounge and No Security tours. You guys (meaning the Stones) have been pretty damned generous the last year and a half, w/the unexpected Hyde Park release being the latest surprise. So come on, how's about rounding things out. I think a lot of us are especially clamoring for a solid recording of the 1999 NS tour.

Re: All that's left for live records is...
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 23, 2013 19:37

I'd suggest we could do with a bit more exposure from the 60s, if in fact that exists...some BBC, Top of the Pops, anything from anywhere else.

We have the Ed Sullivan stuff and Got Live, and GYYYO...there has to be more.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: July 23, 2013 19:50

Well I do agree, treaclefingers, I just think if they really wanted to round out the live catalogue and cover all bases those would be the 2 tours to finish with. At least we have "Got Live", "Ya-Yas" and the wonderful "Charlie Is My Darling" from that era. I would, however, love to see a BBC compilation released.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 23, 2013 20:10

Agree 1999 needs a release, and we need paradiso 1995

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 23, 2013 20:23

We need '67 live.

Date: July 23, 2013 20:25

This has been oft said but I think one from the 1986 Dirty Work Tour of the Southern US is woefully overdue.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 23, 2013 20:35

treaclefingers
This has been oft said but I think one from the 1986 Dirty Work Tour of the Southern US is woefully overdue.

Never happen...security was way too tight on that particular tour...most of us didn't even get inside the venues...

Rumor has it that lead to the Less Security tour and eventually the No Security tour...

Date: July 23, 2013 20:45

Munichhilton
treaclefingers

Never happen...security was way too tight on that particular tour...most of us didn't even get inside the venues...

Rumor has it that lead to the Less Security tour and eventually the No Security tour...

All too true Munich.

Apparently, it all emanated out of the "Hell Security Show" of late 1969, also known more colloquially as Altamont.

I think even that can be traced back to a point on that tour where Mick busted a button on his trousers.

Message learned...security and belts must be tight.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 23, 2013 20:49

There was a Voodoo Lounge release, it's currently unavailable. I don't remember it being particularly memorable. Shut your eyes and except for a couple songs it could be 1994, 1997-8, 2002-3, 2005-7, 2012-13.

Date: July 23, 2013 21:00

Of course el macambo 77

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: July 23, 2013 21:13

These are all releases I would go wild for...

Any multi track recordings from 1967, 1970, 1971
1977 El Mocambo
1985 100 Club Ian Stewart Memorial (if it exists)

DVD releases...

1976 Les Abbatoirs DVD (all 4 shows uncut)
1995 Paradiso x2, Paris, Brixton Club (all 4 shows uncut)

and slightly more likely:

Hampton 1981 & LA 11/7/1975 on DVD

Date: July 23, 2013 22:09

I want MSG 1 2 3 1998

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: July 23, 2013 22:14

I love the ns tour

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 23, 2013 22:16

Honestman
one of the 1970's show would be a treat...
rightthumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 23, 2013 22:35

DVD from the NS tour, yes please.
and Stones at the BBC

thanks

jeroen

Posted by: ash ()
Date: July 23, 2013 23:34

Bill's Radio Luxembourg acetate - studio recorded 14 (ish) songs from early 1964 with the classic line-up playing their early stage favourites including some otherwise unissued songs. It's a no brainer = none of the tracks have slipped out.
I think we've got all the bbc sessions that survive unless the Bernie Andrews tapes or world service archives hold any surprises,
Radio luxembourg is defunct so no payment/licence needed there.
Chuck Bill some money or a percentage as owner of the disc. get it transferred by someone like Steve Hoffman and put the bleeping thing out.
Now.
a bbc cd or two might be problematic - The Shadows bbc set has been held up for 2 decades by wrangles between emi/warners/bbc and bernie andrews i believe. Unless the current owner gets them out before this october there is no likely way these will ever get a hearing which is worse than pathetic.
Although ABKCO seem to have improved their attitude of late, a full bbc set involving the stones,bbc,decca ?, ABKCO could mean we're all dead before it gets released.
Master tapes for the olympia shows 64 to 67 anyone ? those could make up another couple of discs too. it's easy.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 23, 2013 23:56

I just noticed the other day on the officially release of Brussels Affair that it's recorded with the Rolling Stones Mobile....was that the only concert back in '73 that was recorded by Stones Mobile if not........... why not release a compilation of '73 Live with the same "quality" as Brussels Affair

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 24, 2013 00:11

whitem8
We need '67 live.

thumbs up

The "missing link" in the band's live evolution, imo...were any shows even professionally recorded?

Posted by: ash ()
Date: July 24, 2013 01:12

The Olympia show counts i guess, although it was not multi track it was recorded for broadcast. I'd rather see the official release of something we don't have.
I'm gonna keep bringing up that radio luxembourg acetate until the bands internet spies sort it out.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 24, 2013 01:13

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers

All too true Munich.

Apparently, it all emanated out of the "Hell Security Show" of late 1969, also known more colloquially as Altamont.

I think even that can be traced back to a point on that tour where Mick busted a button on his trousers.

Preceded by the "Security Stops The Shows Due To Riots" tours of the mid-60s.

Less Security tour, No Security tour, then the drunken (for Keith) Insecurity tour leg of the No Security tour.

Now all that's left is the current Social Security tour, where the old songs bring steady returns like a reliable pension plan.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 24, 2013 01:56

stonehearted
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers

All too true Munich.

Less Security tour, No Security tour, then the drunken (for Keith) Insecurity tour leg of the No Security tour.

Now all that's left is the current Social Security tour, where the old songs bring steady returns like a reliable pension plan.

If these old bastards qualify for social security I'm gonna burn my playhouse down and live on the dole...

Date: July 24, 2013 02:30

Munichhilton
stonehearted
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers

All too true Munich.

If these old bastards qualify for social security I'm gonna burn my playhouse down and live on the dole...

that won't make your mama glad.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: July 24, 2013 08:04

60s smoking smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 24, 2013 08:11

24FPS
There was a Voodoo Lounge release, it's currently unavailable. I don't remember it being particularly memorable. Shut your eyes and except for a couple songs it could be 1994, 1997-8, 2002-3, 2005-7, 2012-13.

That's right. Since 1989 the tours lost their distinctive sounds. All one really needs is a compilation of the rare tracks they played. Or the Paradiso 1995 gigs.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 24, 2013 10:16

ash
The Olympia show counts i guess, although it was not multi track it was recorded for broadcast. I'd rather see the official release of something we don't have.
I'm gonna keep bringing up that radio luxembourg acetate until the bands internet spies sort it out.

When you say 'not multi track' do you mean it was mono? I know there were stereo broadcasts of jazz concerts in Europe in the 50s and 60s. A nice stereo broadcast can sound fantastic when cleaned up.

Date: July 24, 2013 10:28

24FPS
ash

When you say 'not multi track' do you mean it was mono? I know there were stereo broadcasts of jazz concerts in Europe in the 50s and 60s. A nice stereo broadcast can sound fantastic when cleaned up.

Their 1964 Camden Theatre set was recorded for the BBC in stereo. Even without an official release it sounds fantastic. No screaming, rioting fans, just the band playing and sounding great.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 24, 2013 14:38

NICOS
I just noticed the other day on the officially release of Brussels Affair that it's recorded with the Rolling Stones Mobile....was that the only concert back in '73 that was recorded by Stones Mobile if not........... why not release a compilation of '73 Live with the same "quality" as Brussels Affair

I mentioned it before. They recorded a few shows on the 73 tour with the Mobile.
I'm very shure for 3 Essen dates as I had to help with cables, etc. and they had quite a few tapes already in the van.I think they wanted to do one more town.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 24, 2013 21:14

I'm waiting for a live CD consisting of nothing but all the different Keith intros to Start Me Up.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 24, 2013 21:23

treaclefingers

In all seriousness though, were ANY recordings made of the 1986 show for Stu?

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: July 24, 2013 22:07

jamesfdouglas
were ANY recordings made of the 1986 show for Stu?

February 23, 1986: The Rolling Stones perform for the first onstage in nearly 4 years, to a chosen, non-paying audience at the 100 Club in London, England, as a tribute to Ian Stewart. They mostly perform blues covers, joined by Pete Townshend, Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton. Paul McCartney is among the audience and makes a private audio recording of the show.

Source: [www.timeisonourside.com]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1510
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home