Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Who of IORR saw the most Rolling Stones Concerts?
Posted by: Big Ed ()
Date: July 18, 2013 03:32

crumbling_mice
ONly my 12th, which is pretty poor in terms of this board. Big Ed, that is remarkable, I bet that means you've been to more shows than Mick Taylor >grinning smiley<

Max anytime anywhere I am up for the drinks you pick the place.
Let me know.....

Date: July 18, 2013 03:33

treaclefingers
Quoting Big Ed

"1 Year attending stones concerts, 50 years hanging 'round"

It's still pretty good minor loss in the left ear, too many shows on Ronnie's side.

Date: July 18, 2013 03:47

HalfNanker
only 21 for me, starting at MSG in 1981 and ending (literally) in DC last month.

next question: what was the range of ticket prices you paid, Big Ed (and how much spent in total)??

In '72 people were up in arms by the ticket prices that were in the 10-15 dollar range!!!

Lots and lot in recent years anywhere from $ 100.00 to 1500.00 for row one or two
For me any other row is like being in the first row of coach looking into first class on the plane. The way I see it if you pay 1,000 for a show its just 50.00
A SONG. The prices in the 70 were manageable but I really can't put a dollar amount on the just don't remember.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: July 18, 2013 03:49

I am at 23 Stones shows since Cleveland Stadium 1975,including two small shows;Tower 2002 and Utrecht in 2003, not that many by a long shot. I know have seen the Grateful Dead 113 times.

Other than the GD, I have probably seen the Allman Brothers and Phil and Friends more times than the Stones but that is probably it.

Date: July 18, 2013 03:56

This is sad and true.
However I do like the Mick Keith Times for the last 44 years and counting

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 18, 2013 07:03

I have no doubt that Big Ed and others like him have seen 326 or more shows. I have personally met people who were doing every show on entire world tours. I remember a couple of guys from the UK who were doing every Licks show, so right there, that's roughly 120-130 shows in the course of just over 1 year.

That Japanese couple that is well known and seen onscreen on concert DVDs were doing every show for awhile. I'm sure they are past Big Ed's numbers. BV may have more as well. I'm sure Dean Goodman won't mind me mentioning that he hit his 200th show last December and his first show was 2 decades after Big Ed's first show.

It's not hard to believe that some of the super fans who go all over the world seeing the Stones would also post on the leading Stones internet forum.

I personally have seen 35 shows, not a huge number, but have seen them in North America, Europe, Asia and South America, so there's a lot of diversity in the shows I've seen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-18 07:04 by Halup.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 18, 2013 07:15

Wow, the partners, husbands and wives of these 'super-fans' must be pretty darn forgiving: 'darling, Mick and Keith are on the road again. See you in two years, okay?'

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 18, 2013 09:21

Big Al
Wow, the partners, husbands and wives of these 'super-fans' must be pretty darn forgiving: 'darling, Mick and Keith are on the road again. See you in two years, okay?'

Well, you know the old saying.... Those who Stones together, stay together,
or was it once you go Stones, you are never alone.... or was it....
A stones concert in the bush beats a...... no thats not it....
Ummm? or was it.... 'Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!'.... yeah, thats it.

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 18, 2013 11:58

Big Al

Gotta find myself one of those guys and join him! (but how/where get all the money we would need for it?) Wishful thinking. smiling smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 18, 2013 12:57

I am not worthy. Hyde Park last weekend was my 36th time. I feel like a beginner in Ed's company. (still managed to see them in 73 though).

Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: July 18, 2013 13:07

I am at 54 now,and saw 7 on this tour. My first was in Cleveland 1975,which is still
my favorite concert ever.I have seen them in every US tour since then,and have traveled througout the United States and Canada(benefit for the blind too in 1979).

Posted by: HeadFullofSnow ()
Date: July 18, 2013 13:31

Im 22 and have seen them 15 times, big ED's my hero

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 18, 2013 13:52

I've seen them about 20 times and the last gig was way back at Brno in 2007.
Let myself down a bit on this tour,thinking of too many reasons not to go. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 18, 2013 14:33

Big Ed, very impressive!
I checked your "favorites" list and what I "miss" are Boston Orpheum 2002 and .... Munich, Zirkus Krone 2003. Didn't you see those? Man ......
By the way, I knew a German guy and an English woman (huge Keith fan) who sold their houses (no kidding) so that they could follow the Stones world-wide. One of them did the entire Voodoo Lounge tour, as I recall. The other possibly BtB.

But that doesn't mean that they beat your record!
I got as far as 70, with those two very impressive ones above. I didn't see any of the 75/76 tour, because I had made it impossible for myself to see them (not jail though, hahah)

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 18, 2013 17:25

Stoneage
I can't see anyone here beating 326 Concerts, not even BV. Very few people in the world have, most probably, seen more than 100 Stones Concerts. Even 100 Concerts is a staggering figure...

Wrong, no one has seen more shows than BV, but he wont tell you how many it is. Remember, he did every show at Licks 2002-2003 except Japan as far as i remember him telling someone here some time. Only that is about 115 shows (they did 117 at Licks as far as i can remember).

But, he wont tell you, i asked him once at a bar in London before Ronnie solo 2010, but he didnĀ“t answer, in fact he never answers anything about that subject or his relation to Stones management.

I would say he has done 400+ shows to this date...

Date: July 19, 2013 05:51

Big Al

That's the way it works. We have called the last few Tours difficult ones.
I live in San Juan Puerto Rico. To give you an example of what it's like just for travel.

San Jaun connect thru Miami then on to Toronto day of show. Pick up my tickets
Take a shower and its Showtime back to the hotel hang with the other folks like me, then out the next morning. Toronto connect thru Maimi and Back home to San Juan. One day home to keep the love strong. Then the following day San Juan connect thru Maimi and on to Chicago check into hotel grab the tickets a quick early meal then it's Showtime back to the hotel to hang with the friends again crash up early the next day and off I go again back to San Juan with a connection thru New Your this time. And on and on and on. Best deal is when I do 2 or 3 shows in the same city like Boston and Philly then its 4 to 6 days in the city it's like being on a mini vacation. IORR but I just can't stop. Big Ed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-19 08:41 by Big Ed.

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: July 19, 2013 06:24

Big Ed
326 and counting.

First show: November 30, 1969 West Palm Beach, Fla.

# 326 show: June 24,2013 Washington, DC.

Best show ? Best tour ? Most memorable moment ?

Did your wife ever say, "I've had enough...I'm leaving "

Date: July 19, 2013 08:43

Cheers to everyone who went to shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-19 08:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 19, 2013 08:44

Ok here is a fun gig I did for GMA last year. Enjoy

[abcnews.go.com]

Date: July 19, 2013 08:53

Max'sKansasCity
Big Ed,
I hope you were able to read my post (before it was all deleted) explaining that I was not the poster being snotty/doubting your concert number, that is not something I would do, on the contrary I smileys with beer cheersed you and then someone felt compelled to quote me when they felt obligated to be nasty, again.

Max I will share a beer with you anytime anywhere I have enjoyed your posts for a long time "Don't Stop". Max it's all right now JJF lol

Big Ed.
I can always back up my stories sometimes I can't even believe my own stories
Gotta pinch myself sometimes. Check out my ABC Good Morning America Post

Date: July 19, 2013 09:16

Big Ed
Max'sKansasCity
Big Ed,
I hope you were able to read my post (before it was all deleted) explaining that I was not the poster being snotty/doubting your concert number, that is not something I would do, on the contrary I smileys with beer cheersed you and then someone felt compelled to quote me when they felt obligated to be nasty, again.

Max I will share a beer with you anytime anywhere I have enjoyed your posts for a long time "Don't Stop". Max it's all right now JJF lol

Big Ed.
I can always back up my stories sometimes I can't even believe my own stories
Gotta pinch myself sometimes. Check out my ABC Good Morning America Post
I would bet that you could back those stories up,
Stones people are awesome. (most Stones people anyway)

Cheers again Big Edsmileys with beer and thank you for the compliment cool smiley
We will drink that those beers someday.... its gonna be a party

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-19 09:17 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 19, 2013 16:26

I saw every tour since '70. Mostly many dates. But I never counted and won't start.

Date: July 20, 2013 00:41

Big Ed
treaclefingers
That is staggering Big Ed

Astoria in London August 2003 There were 1600 that's it.

Yes it was a small stale beer old but very cool theather with a small stage
Standing room only down stairs if you were in the back down stairs it was like if you were 10 rows back in a I door typical Stones Show. The Astoria is in SOHO.

Check this out. See link Below

[abcnews.go.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-20 00:44 by Big Ed.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 20, 2013 01:41

Max'sKansasCity

Stones fans are really awesome people, no wondering when someone like so great music. What I really enjoy is, when you go to a Rolling Stones concert and you meet other fans (strangers) in the venue or near this place. You talk with them and after a few minutes, you've the feeling, you know this guy already for years. And that make the whole thing even more special!! smiling bouncing smileysmiling smiley

Date: July 20, 2013 04:35

Ladykiller
Max'sKansasCity

Stones fans are really awesome people, no wondering when someone like so great music. What I really enjoy is, when you go to a Rolling Stones concert and you meet other fans (strangers) in the venue or near this place. You talk with them and after a few minutes, you've the feeling, you know this guy already for years. And that make the whole thing even more special!! smiling bouncing smileysmiling smiley

I couldnt agree more... back when I used to be willing to travel to see them I always met up with great people and one person I met "out there", I am still friends with.... just yesterday I was talking to my friend in Toronto, whom I met at lunch at the Hard Rock cafe in the Skydome before a Steel Wheels show back in 1989.

I was with my gal, and he was with his, and we got to talking and getting along ..... and at the end of lunch they said "you two should come on up our hotel room (they had in the Skydomer) after the show and party with us"... at that moment I said "sure"... but I kind knew no way... but.... Low and behold....

Low and behold, after the show we stepped out of the Skydome (to walk back to the Royal York hotel which was 5 blocks away)(on Dec 3rd 1989) and we were hit in the face by 150 mph winds in -100 degree temperatures... and my girlfriend and I looked at eash other and said... "HEY!!!, Lets go meet some Canucks" smiling smiley And we did, and it was awesome!

And over 20 years later he and I are still friends... as a matter of fact I have gone back to to see him in Toronto several times to see some shows ( even though both of those girlfriends are long gone now)(I kind of miss that woman). He put me front row to The Stones in the dome in 1994 and had a "On Stage" ticket for me in 2006. Rock and Roll

STONES!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-20 04:47 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 15, 2017 13:40

64 concerts by now, last one Circo Massimo Rome June 22th 2014. I hope a few more this summer in Europe!thumbs upsmileys with beerspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 15, 2017 13:44

Only 36, 1990-2007, mainly 1995/98. but 90 different songs + 2 rehearsal songs from the outside. Had some luck with the setlists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-15 14:49 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: January 15, 2017 14:08

35 five for me....I've listed them here so that I have a record of them somewhere!

1 April 1995: Sydney
2 April 1995: Sydney
14 April 1995: Brisbane
October 1997: Edmonton
April 1999: Boston
April 1999: Boston
November 2002: San Francisco
November 2002: Oakland
18 Feb 2003: Enmore (Sydney)
Feb 2003: Sydney
Feb 2003: Sydney
March 2003: Melbourne
March 2003: Melbourne
March 2003: Brisbane
September 2003: Werchter, Belgium
September 2003: Glasgow, UK
September 2003: Wembley Arena, London
11 September 2005:MSG, New York
13 September 2005: Giants Stadium, NJ
April 2006: Melbourne
June 2006: Stade de France, Paris
August 2006: Twickenham, London
August 2006: Twickenham, London
August 2006: Hampden Park, Glasgow
June 2007: Stade de France, Paris
August 2007: Slane Castle, Ireland
August 2007: O2 Arena, London
November 2012: O2 Arena, London
November 2012: O2 Arena, London
July 2013: Hyde Park, London
July 2013: Hyde Park, London
May 2014: Lisbon, Portugal
June 2014: Paris, France

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: January 15, 2017 14:24

Big Ed
Max you left out Europe, South America, and Asia. so go and do your math again.
Now that you have the correct information where I have seen shows. If I did not get married I would have seen many more. I don't need to defend myself. Believe what you need to. BUT you lost some creabibility in you incompleat assumptions
as to where I have seen shows.

So with that in mind I will take some time and answer the questions from others about. Give me 5 min or so.

Thanks.

Big Ed

Ooops, I think you are not a real fan, a real fan gives up or forgets his family following his passion (some people do it)! He could kill old ladies for money for his addiction.
Seriously, If I was a rich man, I would have liked to be to the all shows until 1978. Then one show time to time.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: January 15, 2017 14:47

Wow - so many people have me SO beat! For me it's been 6 times but maybe it's good that way. Each time was special and very appreciated. I never saw them so much that I took the experience for granted. 1978, 1981, 1989, 2002, 2005, 2006!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1512
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home