Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: BV thanks
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 17, 2013 15:45

Thanks for your support. This tour has been great. Actually I will be running this mountain on Sunday:

It is one of my favorite smaller mountain races, from sea level to 1100 meters above sea in a litte more than one hour, 7 km uphill, great fjord view from the top. Thanks to biking in Topanga, and running in the big cities, my shape is not as bad as it could have been, even if there are no real big mountains where the Stones have been playing this year...

[www.mefjelletopp.no]

Sorry I don't want my picture publised. Even if I run IORR, I am still private, thanks to everyone who respect that. But it is always great to meet up with other fans at all these places around before and after shows, when time allows...

Bjornulf

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 17, 2013 15:51

It looks beautiful, Bjornulf, good luck and show us a picture from the top.

Posted by: Barnestormer ()
Date: July 17, 2013 16:04

Thanx BV.
What would I do without my daily Stones dose.
Best wishes from Germany
Eberhard

Posted by: golfjen2001 ()
Date: July 17, 2013 16:08

Thanks I feel like I have been at every show even though I only attended 2 GREAT JOB. it's ONLY ROCK AN ROLL YOU MUST LOVE IT.

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: July 17, 2013 16:20

Thanks BV. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 17, 2013 16:25

Many thanks for all you do, and for putting up with all of us. You bring a lot of enjoyment into a lot of people's lives. Have a good race! (Yes, view from the top, please.)

Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: July 17, 2013 16:36

Thanks from Munich, Germany. We meet in October 2005 before the show in Atlanta, don't know if you remember...

Date: July 17, 2013 16:39

Many thanks from Canada. I've been using this site since 1996 and it is still going strong. I know that running it is not an easy task. Kudos again.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 17, 2013 16:52

A big thank you to you Bjornulf. You let the discussion take its course and thanks to this site many people were able to catch all the recordings from the tour shows. A big thank you to the tapers, the uploaders, the helpers and everyone involved is also more than right.

Only one stain on all the great things is the ban of StonesTod. I still miss his posts and really hope he'll come back here. He belongs to this site, being the icon he is. I think this issue could be solved easily by grown man.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 17, 2013 17:05

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 17, 2013 18:28

Many thanks to you BV for all you do in making this the best Stones site on the planet.
Haven't managed to see the lads on this leg of the tour,but visiting this site for comments, pics,videos and a whole lot more,is the next best thing. smileys with beer

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: July 17, 2013 18:30

Agreed on all counts! Thank you very much BV!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 17, 2013 21:21

Thank You BV!

PS. Please stop deleting my hair implant threads smiling smiley

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: July 17, 2013 21:36

it just can't be said enough.... thanks very much BV!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 17, 2013 23:10

Thanks bv for running this wicked forum!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 18, 2013 03:55

BV sorry we didn't meet in Boston, you were kind nonetheless. Here's hoping you have nice weather on Sunday

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 18, 2013 08:35

I had the priviledge to thank BV personally last Friday for the existence of this board. But let me say it now in public: thanks!

- Doxa

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: July 18, 2013 09:16

I too would like to give my sincere thanks for your dedication and time to this wonderful web site and our favorite band. I was able to make 8 of the shows of this most recent tour and that would have never been possible without "IORR"! Two shows I was solo, two shows I got together with friends that I saw The Stones with in '72 and four shows with my daughter and I thought turning 60 was going to suck. What a great year and your web site has helped to make this possible. Thank you also to your family you must have an awesome relationship with them.

Posted by: Jaggeresque ()
Date: July 18, 2013 12:22

I'd like to add my thanks and say that this forum is proving to be a lifeline as we all come down from two weekends of musical heaven in Hyde Park. So many happy memories and great to know there's a place to go and share them. Thanks BV! x

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: July 18, 2013 16:07

Despite the fact that I have been banned twice, the first time on my own request, and the second time on DandelianPowderman's request, I would say thanks BV, this site is priceless and addictive.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: July 18, 2013 16:22

Thanks BV

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 18, 2013 23:58

Thank you Bjornulf for keeping this website running. Thank you for your patience and the enormous amount of time you put into this website to keep us all happy. I sincerely hope that everybody will read your "IORR policy and closed/deleted threads" thread, where you try to explain for the ??? time what to do and not to do on this board, and that everybody simply sticks to these rules.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 19, 2013 01:03

Thanks Bjornulf for your time and effort in running the greatest Rolling Stones site on the planet..
It's a wonderful place to visit and sure at times it gets a lil' rough but somehow you manage to keep it all tagether..

A tip of my hat to you .....Your a gentleman and a scholar.......Thanks mate

ROCKMAN

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 19, 2013 08:19

So sorry not to meet you at that excellent fish n ships place with the draft beers in San Fran, BV -- thanks for iorr tho! I appreciate this resource a lot.

- swiss

Posted by: Keef Rider ()
Date: July 19, 2013 09:33

Many thanks BV for all of us who did not attended any gig of this tour yet, but are dreaming for a European leg .... ;-)

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: July 20, 2013 00:35

Thanks Bjornulf for your great, comprehensive and useful iorr.
Please, can you post your picture?
I am sure that I have been standing close to you several times. But I cannot recognize you: I have never seen a picture of you.
Merci.

Takk.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 1, 2013 21:48

bv, how was your fell race? I was in that area on Monday on my holiday, sailed up to Geiranger on the Hutigruten ship and then on a bus outing across the Eidsdal - Valldal ferry and down the Trollstigen to Andalsnes and Molde, so I must have seen "your" mountain. Beautiful part of the country.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 1, 2013 22:52

Uphill racing is a great sport. It has helped me keeping fit while on tour, but this year it has been too many shows and too little uphill running and practice. There are races every week summertime, usually in the central mountains like Møre & Romsdal, Sogn & Fjordane and so on. I have done just half a dozen uphill races this summer, while I did around 15 last summer.

The big one, the largest uphill race in North Europe, is Skåla Opp - [www.skaala.no] - on Saturday August 17. It is a beautiful mountain 1848 masl, running straight up from the fjord. This picture is from around 1500 asl, still 300 height meters to go, the hardest bit...

And this one is from the best female runners getting closer...

The race is in 16 days, and if you don't hear anything from me after that date for a while then it is because I am totally exhausted, like this one...

I would advice anyone to visit Geiranger, Trollstigen, Bergen, Gudvangen, Vatnahalsen or any of the central mountain areas in Norway during June - August, then the snow is lower and the mountains are great.

Luckily I have a two months break from the tours now!!!

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-01 22:54 by bv.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 1, 2013 22:57

Yes BV - thank you. I know you must put a lot of your time into running this site and you never take the option of cashing in by making it pay to register (although I'm sure it would make you a very wealthy man!) So you deserve all the plaudits and your tour photos were excellent. You are doing a great job...even though you took my mouse away sad smiley

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: August 1, 2013 23:01

Hi BV,

Looking at those terrifying photos I'd say that you need the services of a skilled psychiatrist, hah-hah! And then a masseur. Tough, tough, tough...
Oh, and thanks for keeping this place open too!

Cheers,

Simon.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home