Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

'LET IT BLEED' - MICKBOY Remaster
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 11, 2013 13:20

Grooving on some excellent MickBoy Ramasters lately, his AFTERMATH is stunning I think - 'Only when it's Frozen' - all US and UK edition tracks, selected B-Sides, and a Bonus Disc of Stereo 60s tracks. Excellent, and sound quality to my ears better than any released version

I have his 'Let it Bleed' Remaster also, titled 'Get What You Need' - includes outtakes, 'Honky Tonk Woman', 'Jiving Sister Fanny' and 'I Don't Know Why'

It seems an excellent disc, sound quality much more pronounced and clear than the versions I had before; seems to 'skip' sometimes though especially on 'Rambler' (maybe that's just my copy though)

Thoughts on 'Let it Bleed' by MickBoy - anyone prefer it to the original?

Re: 'LET IT BLEED' - MICKBOY Remaster
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 11, 2013 13:32

where can you get this remaster?

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 11, 2013 13:37

Yes, where?

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: July 11, 2013 13:37

In one word: NO!

There are always some official version of those original albums, which sounds better.

In my opinion, Mickboy's "remasters" are a self-hyped thing. He centaintly makes no excuse to praise himself in how he has 'improved' the sound, which he claims sounds better than anything else.

Mickboy uses compression, noise reduction and eq-tweaking like no other. Something an official company would be bad-mouthed badly for, if they did that.

I can't understand why some people really prefer these to official sources.

With ABKCO's HD or SACD's, it doesn't get any better. Of the later releases, the 1994 VIRGIN cd's, sounds great.

Date: July 11, 2013 14:21

I know what you mean BlueRanger, and in some of Mickboy's stuff he quitens some instrumental parts of a song and increases vocals for example so it sounds different to the album we're all used to.

In the case of 'Let it Bleed' for me it does sound better than the 2002 version I have. Louder yes, and one some songs compressed (during 'Rambler' as I said it 'skips' a lot)

As to where to get them, I just typed into google and found them^

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: July 11, 2013 14:43

ABKCO 2002 remasters have been denoised, compressed and limited as well (at least on the CD versions).

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 11, 2013 15:02

LED ZEPP IV Mickboy is better than the SHM japan cd remaster
no word
Same for many Stones stuff. Excellent job.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 11, 2013 15:09

Blueranger
In one word: NO!

There are always some official version of those original albums, which sounds better.

In my opinion, Mickboy's "remasters" are a self-hyped thing. He centaintly makes no excuse to praise himself in how he has 'improved' the sound, which he claims sounds better than anything else.

Mickboy uses compression, noise reduction and eq-tweaking like no other. Something an official company would be bad-mouthed badly for, if they did that.

I can't understand why some people really prefer these to official sources.

With ABKCO's HD or SACD's, it doesn't get any better. Of the later releases, the 1994 VIRGIN cd's, sounds great.
agree 100% about the 1994 virgin cd"s

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 11, 2013 16:38

In the days I got them all. Some were very good, some not.Haven't listen to them for a long time. But it was quite a hype . .

Posted by: MusicBoy ()
Date: December 9, 2014 21:42

Hi CousinC (),

Just wonder please if you would like to trade and/or sell any Mickboy original Stones or Clapton CD-Rs? I have a few extra original Stones titles in hand. Thanks.

The same offer goes to anyone else reading this - many thanks!

J

Date: December 9, 2014 22:47

Hey Music Boy,

I can send you some; I don't have them burned onto cd due to my laptop making a mess anytime I try to, but, if you wish for them on a usb stick, no problem!

I have only 4 or 5 Mickboy, so only a small number, he's done lots more

PM me here sure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-10 11:44 by IrelandCalling4.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 10, 2014 01:27

I don't think all MB did is gold (I don't care much for any of the live remasters) but some of the studio cds are great. If you like it,you like it although there will be some here tell you how stupid your ears are. I don't care. I dig what I dig and Aftermath is great, Bleed is great (my Rambler doesn't skip btw), Black and Blue and Satanic are especially pleasing BUT the one you want to listen to is "Goats Head"..it blows away ANY official release. My pal Erik Snow agrees with this and believe me, he is NO fan of Mickboy. I think that's when we became friends years ago if memory serves.We got into a knock down drag out on IORR and were so awful to each other I think we were both so embarrassed we HAD to become buddies! haha Anyway he even has the highest regard for the "Goats" effort. WHile I'm at it I'll say hi to old pal Erik...I miss talking to ya buddy..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-10 01:29 by scottkeef.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 10, 2014 01:30

kowalski
ABKCO 2002 remasters have been denoised, compressed and limited as well (at least on the CD versions).

Us old timers round here know that...show some patience for the young'uns.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 10, 2014 01:31

Curious how this fellow is re-mastering this stuff. Does he have access to the original stereo master tapes, or high-res digital copies of them? Or is he starting from a released stereo recording and then tweaking them?

peace

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 10, 2014 02:38

I often wondered about that too. Remember when they used to sell 4 track reel to reel tapes of the releases? That crossed my mind... One of the few releases that has a clue is the "Taste So Good" SF remaster where according to his liner notes the original plan was to use "The Original Mobile Fidelity 1/2 speed Master" LP before settling on the Japanese Vinyl release as the source.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 10, 2014 02:48

scottkeef
I often wondered about that too. Remember when they used to sell 4 track reel to reel tapes of the releases? That crossed my mind... One of the few releases that has a clue is the "Taste So Good" SF remaster where according to his liner notes the original plan was to use "The Original Mobile Fidelity 1/2 speed Master" LP before settling on the Japanese Vinyl release as the source.

I remember only because my Dad has a bunch of them. Unfortunately he isn't much of a Stones fan and the best Rock and Roll in the collection is The Grass Roots and CCR. eye rolling smiley But they do sound awesome.

peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2167
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home