Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: I love Goats Head Soup
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 11, 2013 16:21

treaclefingers
Thrylan
I'm not real good with usernames/gender, but chicks seem to really dig this one. Guys seem to be more 50/50 with it......I find that interesting.

Maybe cuz only half the songs are any good...just sayin'

As with all Stones albums, and as has been said many times, it has 3-4 AWESOME songs, a couple of duds and the rest are good/ok songs.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 11, 2013 16:22

GravityBoy
GHS.

My first Stones album.

Same for me, Angie was the first Stones song I heard on TOTP and then a week or so later, Heartbreaker on my mates 'new album' ....that was it...............GHS, B & B and Undercover the big 3 for me...........although it's only half a length for the others.........even Dirty work is a great workout album

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 18:52 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 11, 2013 16:28

I wish Angie, CYHTM, Moonlight Mile, Winter, TWFN, Till the Next Time, Memory Motel, Hot Stuff, Heaven and Rock and a Hard Place were on one CD, so it could keep TSMR and Dirty Work company....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 11, 2013 16:31

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Thrylan
I'm not real good with usernames/gender, but chicks seem to really dig this one. Guys seem to be more 50/50 with it......I find that interesting.

As with all Stones albums, and as has been said many times, it has 3-4 AWESOME songs, a couple of duds and the rest are good/ok songs.

There's no way that describes the big 4, or Some Girls or Tattoo You though...virtually every track is awesome.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 11, 2013 16:31

Each Stones album has some treasures.
Of course Coming down again is a gem. Angie a popular success.
100 years ago and Mr D are great too. Imagine such a LP nowadays. You would be delighted.
STONES ARE THE BEST

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: July 11, 2013 16:32

Obviously someone never "got lucky" with "Winter" was playing...

That is a great song, for a bunch of reasons....

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: July 11, 2013 16:33

I've never minded Angie much. Early on I really liked it but I eventually got bored with it, though I didn't mind it. But I've been digging the recent live versions from the archives. Brussels was really good, but I especially enjoyed the Leeds version for some reason. I like the raw sound of it.

Date: July 11, 2013 16:34

Funny, while making my nasty list above, Heaven was tough, thought about Shattered, but did not CONSIDER Exile, BB or LIB.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 11, 2013 16:34

Can't stop listen to Winter when it's november,december and january. Love that one the most from GHS.

Date: July 11, 2013 16:35

OK, Winter is a cut above Angie and CYHTM, but I needed to get to 10.

Date: July 11, 2013 16:44

Thrylan
OK, Winter is a cut above Angie and CYHTM, but I needed to get to 10.
I never liked Angie..... except for a small slice of time when I bought an accoustic gutiar and it was kind of fun to learn to play... and I changed the words to be funny... but after that slice in time, I didnt like it again.

I like the Stones mostly when they are rocking unless there are exceptional/ special extraneous events/people asscosiated with a mellow Stonnes song.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 11, 2013 16:47

Thrylan
treaclefingers
Thrylan

I agree, but the ladies are going to kill us now that it's been said.

Pleaaze...like men are the connoissuers of good Rock taste. If that's the case why do so many of them love "Livin on a Prayer?" Dream on, gentlemen.

Date: July 11, 2013 16:52

latebloomer
Thrylan
treaclefingers
Thrylan

Pleaaze...like men are the connoissuers of good Rock taste. If that's the case why do so many of them love "Livin on a Prayer?" Dream on, gentlemen.

But women single-handedly keep Maroon 5/Adam Levine in the charts. I think it's a draw.

Date: July 11, 2013 16:54

Uh oh

Date: July 11, 2013 16:57

latebloomer
Thrylan
treaclefingers
Thrylan

I haven't met that many men that were huge Bon Jovi fans...huh...maybe we're all in the closet when it comes to Bon Jovi?

Date: July 11, 2013 17:00

latebloomer
Thrylan
treaclefingers
Thrylan

I loathe Living on a Prayer......lol. Honestly, it was an observation on the whole, and the ladies seem to like GHS. As I said, I don't know everyone's gender, but I don't THINK there are any females in this thread, or in memory that pan it. Maybe it's the slower tempos, even most of the rockers on that one are paced. I do find it interesting though. I have ER higher than most people, but I have my reasons(1st purchase), and it's all subjective.

Date: July 11, 2013 17:00

treaclefingers
latebloomer
Thrylan
treaclefingers
Thrylan

I haven't met that many men that were huge Bon Jovi fans...huh...maybe we're all in the closet when it comes to Bon Jovi?

I like a couple of their songs, I think I owned the greatest hits back in the 90's, but that's it. I have been to a Bon Jovi concert though thanks to an ex, or as I called it, 40-year-old-lady-palooza.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 11, 2013 17:01

treaclefingers
latebloomer
Thrylan
treaclefingers
Thrylan

You need to get out more treacles...but I will give this one to NoCode and agree that's a draw.

GHS is simply a great Stones album and you don't need to be the smarter sex to know that guys. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 17:08 by latebloomer.

Date: July 11, 2013 17:06

Damn it Walter! Does everything have to be a travesty with you!?!

Date: July 11, 2013 17:10

Thrylan
Damn it Walter! Does everything have to be a travesty with you!?!

Date: July 11, 2013 17:13

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
Thrylan
treaclefingers
Thrylan

You need to get out more treacles...but I will give this one to NoCode and agree that's a draw.

GHS is simply a great Stones album and you don't need to be the smarter sex to know that guys. grinning smiley

So, are you saying then that if I get out more, I'll become a huge Bon Jovi fan? Looks like I'll be ordering a lot of delivered 'take out' in the coming weeks.

Date: July 11, 2013 17:19

What were we talking about?

Date: July 11, 2013 17:31

Thrylan
What were we talking about?

There is a free concert in Hyde Park tomorrow, its gonna be awesome, I am totally bummed to not be there.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 11, 2013 17:31

treaclefingers
Thrylan

Yeah, and sometimes I have the impression that people who dismiss Dancing With Mr. D, Star Star, Silver Train, Heartbreaker and others from GHS praise A Bigger Bang tracks like Rough Justice, Driving Too Fast, Dangerous Beauty, Infamy and the like.

Just talkin'...about perspective.

Date: July 11, 2013 17:35

alimente
treaclefingers
Thrylan

Yeah, and sometimes I have the impression that people who dismiss Dancing With Mr. D, Star Star, Silver Train, Heartbreaker and others from GHS praise A Bigger Bang tracks like Rough Justice, Driving Too Fast, Dangerous Beauty, Infamy and the like.

Just talkin'...about perspective.

Both are great Stones albums...
each have 3-4 AWESOME songs, 1-2 duds and the rest are good/ok Stones songs.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 11, 2013 17:40

It would be interesting to hear which half of the songs the "50%" people think are good/not good. I like all of them in context, but probably if I had to drop anything it would be Heartbreaker - which seems to be a favourite with many people.

Maybe we'll agree - but I've got a feeling we may wind up with the Bigger Bang Effect - everybody thinks that it would be better without certain tracks, but we can't agree which ones...

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 11, 2013 17:42

Thrylan
Funny, while making my nasty list above, Heaven was tough, thought about Shattered, but did not CONSIDER Exile, BB or LIB.

Add Sweet Black Angel to the list (It's Indian Girl that landed on a classic album).
Imagine if I'm Not Signifying took it's place on side two..oh mercy!!!!

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: July 11, 2013 17:53

My favorite Stones album. I have listen to it more than just about any other Stones album. It isn't their best BUT it is my favorite.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 11, 2013 17:56

Thrylan
I wish Angie, CYHTM, Moonlight Mile, Winter, TWFN, Till the Next Time, Memory Motel, Hot Stuff, Heaven and Rock and a Hard Place were on one CD, so it could keep TSMR and Dirty Work company....

Now that's an album I could certainly lose 50% of!

Date: July 11, 2013 18:01

Green Lady
It would be interesting to hear which half of the songs the "50%" people think are good/not good. I like all of them in context, but probably if I had to drop anything it would be Heartbreaker - which seems to be a favourite with many people.

Maybe we'll agree - but I've got a feeling we may wind up with the Bigger Bang Effect - everybody thinks that it would be better without certain tracks, but we can't agree which ones...

damn good point, as I think Heartbreaker is a high point on the album!

To your point, most everyone agrees ABB should be shorter, they just can't agree on which cuts!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home