Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Philadelphia 2 vs Chicago 2
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 10, 2013 03:55

I was in the pit for Chicago 2 but after listening to a gorgeous 24 bit audio recording I can say that Philadelphia 2 is just sublime. The Aaron Neville guest spot, Keith's level of play, plus the two Mick Taylor songs are the best that he has done on this tour with stellar versions of both Rambler and CYHMK. Philadelphia 2 was a true modern classic.

Re: Philadelphia 2 vs Chicago 2
Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: July 10, 2013 04:00

I was at the second Philly show. I thought it was great. The set list and Aaron Neville, plus the crowd was electric. Great show.

Posted by: poor immigrant ()
Date: July 10, 2013 04:08

Which audio recording did you get? Do you have a link! thanks in advance!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 10, 2013 04:17

IrisC
I was at the second Philly show. I thought it was great. The set list and Aaron Neville, plus the crowd was electric. Great show.

Agree. Worst seats I had out of three shows, but still the best performance wise.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 10, 2013 04:39

From afar, Philly 2 seems to get the nod. From the audio/video, it had a decent set list and a killer MR. Chicago 2 had a good set list as well if I remember correctly, but not quite as good technically.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 10, 2013 04:44

Please do share the link for the recording.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 10, 2013 05:10

You can not judge a show by the bootleg. There are many other factors to consider.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 10, 2013 05:51

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 10, 2013 06:21

I was at Philly 2 and I have the recording from the guitars101 link. It came out like the day after, and I know its the one I have because I remember the info that said "last @#$%& row of the building". I've heard it and its good, not amazing. It is the last row after all. Just seeing if this is the recording the OP is mentioning. Is this the only recording so far from Philly 2? If so, says a lot about the show if even from the last row it sounds like it was excellent.

Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: July 10, 2013 07:24

1st row Philly 2!! Best show of my 25 I've been to!!

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: July 10, 2013 07:57

Chicago 2

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 10, 2013 08:50

Out of all the shows I saw Philly 2 was the Peak of the US Tour. I also met other people who saw all the 18 shows (some even Echoplex) and also in their oppinion Philly 2 sparked on superhigh level. However also all the other shows had been tremendously outstanding. Low for me was Vegas as I was expecting to much for this city.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 10, 2013 08:54

Grison
Out of all the shows I saw Philly 2 was the Peak of the US Tour. I also met other people who saw all the 18 shows (some even Echoplex) and also in their oppinion Philly 2 sparked on superhigh level. However also all the other shows had been tremendously outstanding. Low for me was Vegas as I was expecting to much for this city.

Funny, I didn't attend any, followed them all closely on here. People say you don't get anything from a boot, but, it was an easy pick from here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1357
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home