Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: WARNING!!! Unpopular Opinion: Keith Richards Should Lay His Guitar Down And Let The Stones Roll On!
Date: July 9, 2013 16:58

sonomastone
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
slew
This is not a good post. if you do not have Keith you do not have the Rolling Stones. That is all I am posting on this one.

Any post that lights a fire under the old pirate so he doesn't make the same mistake again is a good one. I hear he is furious! Good, because that just means he will give the performance of a lifetime on Saturday night! Just you watch and see! smoking smiley

He was furious when I talked to him yesterday. But then I told him you were the same guy who said they'd passed the Beatles and that if they recorded another album it would be a classic and then he just chuckled and said oh another wack job then.

He also told me to tell you that James mccartney's got nothing on Theodora.

Did he tell you that he is going to rebound with a great performance this Saturday night? Regardless, that's what's gonna happen!

Re: WARNING!!! Unpopular Opinion: Keith Richards Should Lay His Guitar Down And Let The Stones Roll On!
Date: July 9, 2013 17:01

DoomandGloom
that's enough of this...

I agree. Let's let Keith do the talking with his guitar on Saturday night.

Date: July 9, 2013 17:04

drbryant
Keith's management have something for you.

a

He who provides motivation and inspiration should not be restrained.

Date: July 9, 2013 17:12

leatherjacket
The Head grabs attention and the quote happens to be really something to laugh the ass off.....:-))))))))))))))))))))

I have no doubt that Keith has either read this or has been informed of it, and you can bet he isn't laughing. He will respond by giving his greatest performance of the tour on Saturday night. That is my prediction. We shall see, won't we. The truly great ones have a way of raising their game when they need to most.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 9, 2013 18:15

Idiotic

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: July 9, 2013 18:41

So Keith @#$%& up on stage, so what, its a live show and things happen. This always happen in live shows, its what sets them apart, makes them special, they scrug it off and keep on going.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 9, 2013 18:53

smileys with beerhot smiley
chris girard
So Keith @#$%& up on stage, so what, its a live show and things happen. This always happen in live shows, its what sets them apart, makes them special, they scrug it off and keep on going.
hot smileysmileys with beer
jeroen

Posted by: Berry88 ()
Date: July 9, 2013 20:09

Don't be so hard with Keith. He's doing fine. He's an old and punished man. He's always talking about his ressistance and his amazing health, but all of that is bullshit. Time doesn't forgive, even if you are Keith Richards. Specially if you mistreat your body for decades.

He's sounding good, at least in 80% of the set list. Yeah, I suffer when I see him playing Sympathy. Instead of enjoy the song, I'm thinking something like "come on, try to complete the solo without horrible mistakes, if that it's possible". But sometimes he does it well, Glastonbury, for example.

In this video of Hyde Park, for instance, I think he's great, considering his age. Good Chuck Berry style. In fact, I think it's Mick Jagger the one who is weak in this.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 9, 2013 20:21

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
leatherjacket
The Head grabs attention and the quote happens to be really something to laugh the ass off.....:-))))))))))))))))))))

I have no doubt that Keith has either read this or has been informed of it, and you can bet he isn't laughing. He will respond by giving his greatest performance of the tour on Saturday night. That is my prediction. We shall see, won't we. The truly great ones have a way of raising their game when they need to most.

how moronic. yeah, Keith read what you wrote and keith will respond to you. Then on Sunday you can post how Keith was great and take your share of the credit. All bullshit, from beginning to end. you are as dumb as that JJOL guy. Oh, wait a minute.

Date: July 9, 2013 20:57

Rokyfan
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
leatherjacket

how moronic. yeah, Keith read what you wrote and keith will respond to you. Then on Sunday you can post how Keith was great and take your share of the credit. All bullshit, from beginning to end. you are as dumb as that JJOL guy. Oh, wait a minute.

I think you are just jealous because you didn't come up with the idea. It appeared to work for Glastonbury. Did you read the Lone Ranger's posts leading up to Glastonbury? Very negative, but all by design. Of course if you can prove to me they don't listen in here or that they don't have a watchman assigned to this site then I will admit that it's just my imagination, running away with me.

Date: July 9, 2013 21:00

DoomandGloom
Idiotic

Why is it always Doom and Gloom with you? Oh, sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-09 21:02 by TheLoneRangerRidesAgain.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 9, 2013 21:03

I like you LoneRanger.......All adults know Santa isn't real, but because it can't be disproven, there's a glimmer of hope, kind of like Christ. I'm going to tell my wife, I had a back and forth with John/Keith Depp/Richards! Maybe she'll get off my ass about being on here...lol.

Date: July 9, 2013 21:09

It defies logic to think that Keith wouldn't be upset about his opening of SMU last Saturday night. For crying out loud, he is a professional! He is also human. Sometimes us humans need a little fire lit underneath us to motivate us. Keith is no different. No doubt he has heard all of the flack concerning the opening of the show. No doubt he is chomping at the bit to give the performance of his life this Saturday night. Wouldn't you be?

Date: July 9, 2013 21:24

Thrylan
I like you LoneRanger.......All adults know Santa isn't real, but because it can't be disproven, there's a glimmer of hope, kind of like Christ. I'm going to tell my wife, I had a back and forth with John/Keith Depp/Richards! Maybe she'll get off my ass about being on here...lol.

Sometimes we can influence our own reality by our dreams and our words. I dreamed for Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman to at least have one last shot with the band for the 50th anniversary. The 50th anniversary itself was another one of my dreams that came true. The band performing at a level comparable to 2003 was also a dream. I dreamed that Mick and Keith fought for lower ticket prices, and that dream came true. I am now dreaming that Keith has seen this post, is furious, and is going to deliver a great performance on Saturday night! Maybe even a historic performance?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-09 21:35 by TheLoneRangerRidesAgain.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 9, 2013 21:33

No Keith, no Stones. And I'm NOT really a big Keith fan anymore (especailly after his book).

BUT... come on.

Does this mean I think Keith shouldn't end? Not necessarily, I was too jaded by their greed to check his playing out for mysealf this time.

However, no Keith, no Stones.

IF Keith decides to hang it up you can be damned sure Charlie will too.
So... if and when that happens, let Mick take out Woody and Taylor on tour, and simply call it The Mick Jagger Band, or something.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 9, 2013 21:57

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain

I think you are just jealous because you didn't come up with the idea. It appeared to work for Glastonbury. Did you read the Lone Ranger's posts leading up to Glastonbury? Very negative, but all by design. Of course if you can prove to me they don't listen in here or that they don't have a watchman assigned to this site then I will admit that it's just my imagination, running away with me.

you refer to yourself in the third person?

you need a "watchman" assigned to you.

all by design. your design of course. we all need to thank you for the great Glastonbury show. OK.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: July 9, 2013 22:32

jamesfdouglas
No Keith, no Stones. And I'm NOT really a big Keith fan anymore (especailly after his book).

BUT... come on.

Does this mean I think Keith shouldn't end? Not necessarily, I was too jaded by their greed to check his playing out for mysealf this time.

However, no Keith, no Stones.

IF Keith decides to hang it up you can be damned sure Charlie will too.
So... if and when that happens, let Mick take out Woody and Taylor on tour, and simply call it The Mick Jagger Band, or something.

A Wood/Taylor band would be good. They already played together with Charlie and Bill on the Stu project, so Charlie might be willing to play with them. Charlie isn't that fond of touring, though, and a non-Rolling Stones band would be less lucrative. I agree such a band couldn't be called the Rolling Stones, even with Jagger as lead singer.

Posted by: caesar ()
Date: July 9, 2013 22:56

Even if you don't go for the Stones -as they have become now-:
This oppinion shouldn't be discussed here.
It's nonsense and the creator of this thread knows it.
A waste of time.

Date: July 9, 2013 22:58

I cannot in my most wild dreams, imagine a band without Keith.....never, not ever.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 9, 2013 23:13

There is a solution to this dilemma: The guys behind the amps should take over more and more of Keith's playing. Maybe all, so in the end Keith doesn't have to be plugged in at all.
The public doesn't have to be informed about this. Perhaps not even Keith...

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 9, 2013 23:18

So this thread continues but StonesTod is inactive. Befuddling.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: July 9, 2013 23:25

Thrylan
Maybe she'll get off my ass about being on here...lol.

Ha ha! That is a worthy thread topic (unlike this one). I bet a lot of us are in that same boat.

"Does your significant other complain about you spending too much time on IORR?"

Answer too many of those questions in the affirmative and you might belong in rehab.

Posted by: eraser ()
Date: July 9, 2013 23:54

drbryant
Thrylan
drbryant
LoneRangerRidesAgain's Greates Hits (Asylum Records)

1. Crazy (Gnarls Barkley cover)
2. Still Crazy After All These Years (Paul Simon cover)
3. Dancing with Myself (Duet w/JumpingJackOLantern)
4. Crazy for You (Madonna cover)
5. Crazy on You (Heart cover)
6. Crazy (Aerosmith cover)
7. Rock and Roll Fantasy (Bad Company cover)
8. That's What Friends Are For (w/JumpingJackOLantern, BlackHat and MightyStonesStillRolling)

Crazy-Patsy Cline

You're right. And while we're on the subject, how can we forget those bonus tracks

Let's Go Crazy (Prince cover)
I Go Crazy (Paul Davis cover)
Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen cover)

19th Nervous Breakdown

Date: July 10, 2013 00:09

andrewt
So this thread continues but StonesTod is inactive. Befuddling.

Best thread ever!

StonesTod must have poked the wrong bear....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2013 00:19

eraser
drbryant
Thrylan
drbryant
LoneRangerRidesAgain's Greates Hits (Asylum Records)

1. Crazy (Gnarls Barkley cover)
2. Still Crazy After All These Years (Paul Simon cover)
3. Dancing with Myself (Duet w/JumpingJackOLantern)
4. Crazy for You (Madonna cover)
5. Crazy on You (Heart cover)
6. Crazy (Aerosmith cover)
7. Rock and Roll Fantasy (Bad Company cover)
8. That's What Friends Are For (w/JumpingJackOLantern, BlackHat and MightyStonesStillRolling)

Crazy-Patsy Cline

You're right. And while we're on the subject, how can we forget those bonus tracks

Let's Go Crazy (Prince cover)
I Go Crazy (Paul Davis cover)
Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen cover)

19th Nervous Breakdown

Howz about a little Ozzy...

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: July 10, 2013 00:25

How about some Stones...

Date: July 10, 2013 01:55

Who IS that masked man?

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 10, 2013 01:58

I suppose "TheLoneRangerRidesAgain" feels good. He made a typical "trolling" - joke thread which still goes on. Oh, seven pages so far...

As for Keith: On the current tour his playing is clearly better than ABB tour. I mean the overall level of his performances (now and then). Compared to his "nadir" in 2007, Keith is almost stellar now...

As for the "argument": If a guitarist had to quit due to a botched intro at the opening number of a gig, Keith himself should have quit in 2003. The intro of "Brown Sugar" had been botched atleast three times, during european tour's leg. The same happened a few times to "Under My Thumb" intro on 1981 tour, so i guess since then Eric Clapton could be guitarist of the Stones. Or Rory, who knows...

"TheLoneRangerRidesAgain", congratulations! Your thread - joke is a roaring "success". And, no, it's imposible for us to have an inkling that you is a troll. No way, since you said "i love Keith"...

Date: July 10, 2013 02:01

Can I be a troll?

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 10, 2013 02:04

I don't believe it, Thrylan. But if you are a troll, then you are a smart one...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home