Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11
Re: WARNING!!! Unpopular Opinion: Keith Richards Should Lay His Guitar Down And Let The Stones Roll On!
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 9, 2013 06:34

GuessWho
Noticed this in the store today......

May have been posted on another thread......

JumpingRangerOMighty would make it say 'Keith - Learn How To Play Start Me Up' if he could edit that cover...

Re: WARNING!!! Unpopular Opinion: Keith Richards Should Lay His Guitar Down And Let The Stones Roll On!
Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 9, 2013 06:38

Keith had one howler at each of the two shows I saw recently: He started his second Sympathy solo in the wrong key in Philly 6/21, and he started IORR in the wrong key (leading to a restart) in DC three nights later. But otherwise, he played fine.

Jagger was a bit pitch-challenged on a couple songs in Philly too (Emotional Rescue and Brown Sugar). So it's not like Keith is the only one acting septagenarian occasionally.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 9, 2013 06:41

I listened to that re-start of IORR and have yet to figure out what he did that was wrong/bad.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 9, 2013 06:45

I haven't heard a recording yet, but in the house it was obvious right away that Keith started IORR in the wrong key. Jagger pulled the plug on it, but it took them a bit to get Wood's attention to start it over.

Once I get around to making CDs of it, I'll figure out exactly what key he started in instead of B.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-09 06:46 by ab.

Date: July 9, 2013 06:53

Torres
The purpose of this multiple username thread discussion is to make fools of those who want to give an honest opinion about the always provocative title. I think it's pathetic, and I can't understand why in a forum with so clear and supervised rules, this shite keeps occurring.

It will all make more sense to you come late Saturday evening when Keith gives the performance of his life! smoking smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 9, 2013 06:55

ab
Keith had one howler at each of the two shows I saw recently: He started his second Sympathy solo in the wrong key in Philly 6/21, and he started IORR in the wrong key (leading to a restart) in DC three nights later. But otherwise, he played fine.

Jagger was a bit pitch-challenged on a couple songs in Philly too (Emotional Rescue and Brown Sugar). So it's not like Keith is the only one acting septagenarian occasionally.

It's not even an age thing. Go listen to him brutalize Start Me Up in Largo 1981, or She's So Cold in multiple towns. Even Brown Sugar gets grindered here and there every tour...it's the beauty of the riff master

Date: July 9, 2013 06:56

paulywaul
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
Don't misunderstand me, I love Keith Richards. He is the ultimate rock 'n roll warrior, a real battler, the Brett Favre of rock 'n roll, and my hero. But it is obvious that his time has passed. I really think this Saturday night should be it for my hero. As much as it pains me to say it, it is time for Keith to lay down his guitar and let the Stones roll on. Not saying he couldn't be involved with the writing of a new album, or that he couldn't guest (in Mick Taylor fashion) but it's (sadly) time for the Stones to look in another direction.

It was painful watching both Joe Namath and Muhammad Ali at the end of their great careers. I am feeling the same thing with Keith. He should do the noble thing and step down after Saturday night and let the mighty Stones roll on.

Dear TheLoneRangerRidesAgain,

F*** off, you very silly person

You will be thanking me come late Saturday night when Keith gives the performance of his life. smoking smiley

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: July 9, 2013 07:00

ab
I haven't heard a recording yet, but in the house it was obvious right away that Keith started IORR in the wrong key. Jagger pulled the plug on it, but it took them a bit to get Wood's attention to start it over.

Once I get around to making CDs of it, I'll figure out exactly what key he started in instead of B.

You're right. but it was Keith himself who signalled to Charlie to stop it. But they had great impromptu fun with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-09 07:01 by TimeIs.

Date: July 9, 2013 07:01

slew
This is not a good post. if you do not have Keith you do not have the Rolling Stones. That is all I am posting on this one.

Any post that lights a fire under the old pirate so he doesn't make the same mistake again is a good one. I hear he is furious! Good, because that just means he will give the performance of a lifetime on Saturday night! Just you watch and see! smoking smiley

Date: July 9, 2013 07:05

alimente
No he shouldn't. Because the solution is quite easy: Keith should avoid any opening riffs and any solos that are not Chuck Berry-style like It's Only Rock'n'Roll. Ronnie could take over the openings. Ronnie and Mick Taylor could share the guitar solo duties. And Keith? He should lay a "solid rhythm down". No more, no less. It would work. And it would sound great.

But, most importantly: It would still be the Rolling Stones.

Keith is going to rise to the occasion this Saturday night. He just needed a little motivation. Never piss a pirate off! smoking smiley

Date: July 9, 2013 07:08

palerider22
By the way...Joe Namath would have won his playoff
game witth the Rams if the idiot coach had let him play...so just let Keith play...don't be an idiot...

We will never know. Sure wish old Chuck Knox would have given him a shot that day, though.

Date: July 9, 2013 07:13

stonehearted
paulywaul
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
Don't misunderstand me, I love Keith Richards. He is the ultimate rock 'n roll warrior, a real battler, the Brett Favre of rock 'n roll, and my hero. But it is obvious that his time has passed. I really think this Saturday night should be it for my hero. As much as it pains me to say it, it is time for Keith to lay down his guitar and let the Stones roll on. Not saying he couldn't be involved with the writing of a new album, or that he couldn't guest (in Mick Taylor fashion) but it's (sadly) time for the Stones to look in another direction.

It was painful watching both Joe Namath and Muhammad Ali at the end of their great careers. I am feeling the same thing with Keith. He should do the noble thing and step down after Saturday night and let the mighty Stones roll on.

Dear TheLoneRangerRidesAgain,

F*** off, you very silly person

The OP just likes to stir things up with these outlandish half-baked scenarios--as if original core members would or could ever be replaced after 50 years! It's just tabloid bloggery, intended to instigate controversy over themes that don't really exist (like the Sons of Beatles).

In the U.S. years back there was this TV "personality" named Jerry Springer. Same idea. Perhaps you've heard of him--before he took to posting here under a plethora of names while provoking people with the same old fluff-ridden themes.

Nice try, but it's really about "lighting a fire" under the old pirate. I hear he is furious with this post. It will all make more sense to you come late Saturday night. No chance he will tune in here until after the show. After he makes us all eat crow!

Date: July 9, 2013 07:16

Thrylan
vudicus
Thrylan
This is silly. On the other hand, he does need to "play within himself."

On a side note, there are many ways to defend Keith, but saying he is better than 06' and 07' is not one.

But he is playing better than 2006-2007. It's a valid point.

I've got a 3 year old granddaughter that is better than 06',07'.....and she doesn't play at all.

Talk about being silly.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 9, 2013 07:19

Leave a silver bullet.......for Oktober....talking about 06' 07' is like the Lone Ranger, without........Tonto.

Date: July 9, 2013 07:20

BluzDude
Keith is playing better than ABB tour, I think most of the fans would agree he sounds like he belongs.....

But lets just say that he couldn't play anymore because his arthritis or brain issues prevented him from doing so....and lets say he still had the energy to be on stage for 2 hours a show.....even then he shouldn't lay his guitar down, no he should keep it on, keep playing it....just don't plug him in....the fans want to see him, or it wouldn't be the Rolling Stones.

Of course you are correct, but he shouldn't be making mistakes like he did last Saturday night. The good news is is that he is as pissed as we are and is going to come out and give the performance of his life this coming Saturday night. Even the great ones need a little kick in the ass from time to time.

Date: July 9, 2013 07:21

BlackHat
Perhaps they should call Eric Clapton.

Forget Eric Clapton! Keith is going rebound on Saturday night and what happened the other night will never happen again.

Date: July 9, 2013 07:23

Braincapers
NO KEITH = NO STONES

Of course!

Date: July 9, 2013 07:25

71Tele
Let's see. Next is your proposal to have one of the Sons of Beatles take over for him, right?

Did you ever get around to listening to James McCartney's new album? Let me know when you do, silly boy.

Date: July 9, 2013 07:31

rollmops
No, No and fvck no. I've seen keith twice on this tour, Philly #1 and DC and keith was great. He is essential to the band like Mick is too. He fuvks up sometimes but we know that. i totally disagree with you Loneranger.
Rock and roll,
Mops

I totally disagree with me too! One screw up (no matter how bad it is) shouldn't ruin the entire show, but the buzzards are circling the wagons just looking for these kinds of mistakes. Keith has to step up to the plate on Saturday night and knock one out of the park. I have no doubt we are going to be in for a special night. Keith is going to rise to the occasion. He always has in the past.

Date: July 9, 2013 07:34

mickschix
Simply ridiculous to think the Stones would EVER perform as the Rolling Stones without Keith. Even with all the nonsense that he caused for Mick and the band, they would not go on without him.....Not even worth speculating about.

Of course it is. That's the whole point of this thread.

Date: July 9, 2013 07:37

Beast
Best thing for this person is to ride off into the sunset, never to be seen or heard of again.

Don't worry, that day is very near.

Date: July 9, 2013 07:40

Grison
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
Dutchfan
Without Keith, no Stones!! Just leave his guitar out, there's nothing left. Their music wouldn't have any power! Give him a bit of a break here! Keith is no Clapton or Knopfler! Keith plays with a certain feel and NOBODY can play like that. I agree that he doesn't play like he used to. The Stones have never been flawlees live but that's part of their charm. It's only rock and roll!

OK, but can you explain what happened the other night with SMU? This is an awful way to start a show.
Yes I can tell you: Keith read your stupid comments on IORR and gave you some Food for thought. hot smiley You did not know? Silly Boy, now you know.

So Keith is good and mad? He should be? Never piss a pirate off! All his critics are going eat crow come Saturday night, including me.

Date: July 9, 2013 07:44

RG
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain

Friend, please.. Let's cut out the crap

You will see it a different way come late Saturday night. I promise.

Date: July 9, 2013 07:47

GasLightStreet
I listened to that re-start of IORR and have yet to figure out what he did that was wrong/bad.

Since you are an expert guitar player I will take your word on that.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 9, 2013 07:49

....talking about 06' 07' is like the Lone Ranger, without........Tonto

............................................................................................ ...you sure him ain't the LoneTodRangerRidesAgain?

ROCKMAN

Date: July 9, 2013 07:53

Gazza
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
flacnvinyl
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain

UNLESS YOU WERE THERE, YOUR OPINION IS JUST NEGATIVE AND NOT GROUNDED IN REALITY. He is not perfect, but he is doing FANTASTIC on this tour. Has been the entire tour. Sure some gigs are better than others, but it was that way on EVERY tour they have ever done.

So how come so many so called guitar experts around here disagree with you? And what about the intro the other night to SMU? You know it's bad when my ears cringe!

Your posts make my testicles cringe on a daily basis.

So he should retire based on a flubbed note at the start of a show that you werent at and havent even heard the rest of?

Its not for us or anyone to tell someone to retire. If we dont like it, we can always stop buying tickets, records, watching audience you tube clips or posting on websites.

You might wanna try it. It could well be therapeutic. For everyone concerned.

Oh, great Gazza, I thought you (of all people) would have figured out the "method to my madness" a long time ago? Not much time left for me here. The 50th anniversary year is just about over. I told you a year ago that we would look back with pride one year forward, and here we are!

Date: July 9, 2013 07:55

Rockman
....talking about 06' 07' is like the Lone Ranger, without........Tonto

............................................................................................ ...you sure him ain't the LoneTodRangerRidesAgain?

Don't be fooled by the box office receipts, it's a fabulous movie.

Date: July 9, 2013 08:05

cineplexed2
Ironic post coming now. On the last tour, I would have agreed with your unpopular opinion.

But from what I saw at Barclay Center in December and in many videos of subsequent shows I have watched since, Keith seems much more dedicated and focused than he has in many years.

This is The Stones at 70. It's the reality of the band. Take or leave. But don;t ask them to.

He really has been very good most of this tour. He made a big mistake the other night but it's really no worse than the great Tom Brady throwing an interception that is returned for a touchdown. Shit happens. Even to the great ones.

Date: July 9, 2013 08:11

GasLightStreet
GuessWho
Noticed this in the store today......

May have been posted on another thread......

JumpingRangerOMighty would make it say 'Keith - Learn How To Play Start Me Up' if he could edit that cover...

My, oh my, you actually do have a sense of humor! See, I can give credit where credit is due. You should try that sometime.

Date: July 9, 2013 08:17

GasLightStreet
EXCITING!! Very Popular Opionion: You And All Your Names Should Quit Posting Such Inanity And Stay Away Forever!

Can I please have a few more days? At least until the 50th anniversary year is over and Hyde Park III is history? Please.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home