Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11
Re: WARNING!!! Unpopular Opinion: Keith Richards Should Lay His Guitar Down And Let The Stones Roll On!
Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 21:38

A Keith-less Stones could not exist. I wouldn't go watch them or listen to them...zero interest...and I'm a Taylor junkie....Who, by the way, would be a great re-addition to the band for the rest of their tenure...

Re: WARNING!!! Unpopular Opinion: Keith Richards Should Lay His Guitar Down And Let The Stones Roll On!
Date: July 8, 2013 21:38

RollingFreak
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
Aquamarine
No he shouldn't.

Next daft proposal!

Yes he should. It would be the noble thing to do. He could still guest and do his two songs per show.
If Keith wasn't playing great this tour, I might agree with you. Actually, I probably wouldn't because you can't have the Stones without Keith, but your argument would be stronger if he sucked this tour. But sorry, he kicked ass and I have more fun seeing him have fun and kick ass than anyone else on stage. The guy has been through it all and he really is the coolest rock star out there. If he can still play like this, he stays in the band:

OK, but what will the so called guitar experts around here say about this? One suggested he could teach a child to play the opening to SMU.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 8, 2013 21:40

Sometimes it can be pretty painful that anonymous persons can just sign in and write the greatest nonsense on earth.

Not that I do appreciate critics and comments from fans who don't like the Stones anymore who call it quits because of ticketprices or whatsoever.

But TheLoneRangerRidesAgain is only creating useless threads without any knowledge. I just can't understand why we all reply to this dumm comment.

We just should stop to reply and the thread would tumble down in only some minutes. And if he Registers new under another Name we sure find out it's him, because of the next dummy threat he opens.

Why can't he open up an own Homepage or blog called Shoot the lone ranger!

Date: July 8, 2013 21:44

GumbootCloggeroo
I can picture Bob Clearmountain sitting in the mobile truck at Hyde Park with a clipboard for him to make notes on which parts in the show need fixing later on. Show starts, 1 second later he throws his clipboard in frustration. That didn't take long, did it.

But in all seriousness, TheLoneRangerRidesAgain, it wasn't Keith's fault. It was the scarf. THE SCARF! And the lighting. and too many people were screaming. And the wind was too strong for Charlie. And various other reasons. But it wasn't Keith's fault.

As painful as it is the intro to SMU just can't be ignored. I have been waiting for Keith to at least explain what happened in his own words. I don't buy the scarf theory. Maybe it was the ghost of John Lennon?

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 8, 2013 21:45

When Keith Richards or Mick Jagger are out of this band. I would never go in my life to a Rolling Stones concert, again! sad smiley

Date: July 8, 2013 21:46

Dutchfan
Without Keith, no Stones!! Just leave his guitar out, there's nothing left. Their music wouldn't have any power! Give him a bit of a break here! Keith is no Clapton or Knopfler! Keith plays with a certain feel and NOBODY can play like that. I agree that he doesn't play like he used to. The Stones have never been flawlees live but that's part of their charm. It's only rock and roll!

OK, but can you explain what happened the other night with SMU? This is an awful way to start a show.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 8, 2013 21:46

Grison
Sometimes it can be pretty painful that anonymous persons can just sign in and write the greatest nonsense on earth.

Not that I do appreciate critics and comments from fans who don't like the Stones anymore who call it quits because of ticketprices or whatsoever.

But TheLoneRangerRidesAgain is only creating useless threads without any knowledge. I just can't understand why we all reply to this dumm comment.

We just should stop to reply and the thread would tumble down in only some minutes. And if he Registers new under another Name we sure find out it's him, because of the next dummy threat he opens.

The answer to your pondering, which I italicised, is that he will sign in under current multiple names and have a conversation with himself over and over and over, quote after quote after quote, most without any reason whatsoever - there's zero relevance to it to begin with. And that's part of what keeps the inanity, er, threads alive. For a little while anyway, until he announces another drivel's worth of 'I'm signing off until the next full moon of October' or whatever nose picking prattle comes out of that broken nog.

Date: July 8, 2013 21:50

GasLightStreet
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
GasLightStreet
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
GasLightStreet
EXCITING!! Very Popular Opionion: You And All Your Names Should Quit Posting Such Inanity And Stay Away Forever!

Funny coming from a fellow (YOU) that has had multiple user names. What do they call people like you? Oh, that's right, they call them hypocrites.

I have never had multiple user names, only one at a time. You have and do.

Doesn't matter that you used them one at a time. The fact is that you have had multiple user names. Hypocrite!

Nope.

You use several of yours at one time. My names have been ONLY one at A time ie no other name (like in your case, names) functioning at one time.

It's astounding how you insist on being so ignorant all the time.

It's obvious you are the ignorant one here. This is why we can't have a reasonable discussion. Never could.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 8, 2013 21:53

Everything allright in the critic's section?! Got plenty of drinks, have ya??

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 8, 2013 21:55

No, No and fvck no. I've seen keith twice on this tour, Philly #1 and DC and keith was great. He is essential to the band like Mick is too. He fuvks up sometimes but we know that. i totally disagree with you Loneranger.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Date: July 8, 2013 21:55

Grison

It's not nonsense at all. Great football players retire all of the time, but the teams roll on. Brett Favre was replaced in Green Bay. I would say that The Green Bay Packers are as much of an institution as the Rolling Stones.

Date: July 8, 2013 21:56

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
Funny coming from a fellow (YOU) that has had multiple user names. What do they call people like you? Oh, that's right, they call them hypocrites.

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
It's obvious you are the ignorant one here. This is why we can't have a reasonable discussion. Never could.

Doesn't matter that you used them one at a time. The fact is that you have had multiple user names. Hypocrite!

See what I mean?

Date: July 8, 2013 21:56

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
Dutchfan
Without Keith, no Stones!! Just leave his guitar out, there's nothing left. Their music wouldn't have any power! Give him a bit of a break here! Keith is no Clapton or Knopfler! Keith plays with a certain feel and NOBODY can play like that. I agree that he doesn't play like he used to. The Stones have never been flawlees live but that's part of their charm. It's only rock and roll!

OK, but can you explain what happened the other night with SMU? This is an awful way to start a show.
Yes I can tell you: Keith read your stupid comments on IORR and gave you some Food for thought. hot smiley You did not know? Silly Boy, now you know.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 8, 2013 21:58

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
Dutchfan

I did not saw this concert in person, but the few wrong seconds of Start Me Up are not a big tragedy, in my opinion. I remember as I saw the Stones in L.A. in 2006, Mick had voice problems in the first 3 songs, that was really a pain for the ears. Then they played She Was Hot and his voice came back.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:02

Only the blindest of the blind would not admit that Keith has lost a major step or two. All the notes in between are missing, like the teeth on an old comb. Maybe it is time for Keith to hang it up, but as long as there are fans who will pay to seem him stand there, he must not feel like quitting yet. And at this stage, no Keith, no Stones. The time to replace him in the band is never. I was unimpressed when I saw him the first night in Los Angeles. Then something came roaring out of the furnace dark and dangerous for Jumping Jack Flash and Keith was great.

If you don't like the Stones live anymore, don't see them. Mick is still great, Ronnie is steady, Charlie has moments, and Keith is torn and frayed. They have a boatload of side musicians and singers of varying quality. That's it. Don't like, don't go see them. And relax, Bob Clearmountain is already working on that opening to Start Me Up.

Date: July 8, 2013 22:02

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
Grison

It's not nonsense at all. Great football players retire all of the time, but the teams roll on. Brett Favre was replaced in Green Bay. I would say that The Green Bay Packers are as much of an institution as the Rolling Stones.
So it least we know that you must be American and suffer from Homeland Security.
To compare musicians with sportsman is like you would say Saudi Arabia is the same Country as the US. Perhaps it is, but it isn't. Oh this is getting interesting silly. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:03

Best move??? Wood goes to The Faces, Glimmers hire Gary Clarke Jr. as lead guitarist.

Date: July 8, 2013 22:04

GasLightStreet
Grison

The answer to your pondering, which I italicised, is that he will sign in under current multiple names and have a conversation with himself over and over and over, quote after quote after quote, most without any reason whatsoever - there's zero relevance to it to begin with. And that's part of what keeps the inanity, er, threads alive. For a little while anyway, until he announces another drivel's worth of 'I'm signing off until the next full moon of October' or whatever nose picking prattle comes out of that broken nog.

You have a problem with someone expressing more than one personality?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:08

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
mr_dja
The funniest part of this thread is the use of the word "Unpopular"... How is this an unpopular opinion at this site?

Obivously the Lone Ranger is a new user around here but should feel right at home after reading some older posts which have been voicing this (I'd say) very popular opinion around here for years.

FWIW: Although it's a popular opinion around here, I couldn't disagree with it more if I made an effort. In my hypothetical world, I'd be far more apt to check out a post-Stones KR show than I would any of the other band members (except maybe Charlie's ABCD shows).

Peace,
Mr DJA

Well, if it isn't unpopular why am I getting ripped to shreds? Could it be that most on this site think he is performing at an adequate level?

That's the reaction you were wanting, wasn't it? You set up the thread using the word "unpopular" didn't you? If you would have set up the thread as "Popular Opinion" you would have got the support of all the like minded experts showing you how they had that opinion first. As it is, all of those who agree with you are keeping silent while you take the fall out for sticking you neck out first. Maybe you should start another thread so you could argue in one and agree in the other.

Regarding your second question, which you seem to think has something to do with people disagreeing with your original post, I'm not sure what most on this site think. If I had to guess, I'd be willing to bet that most people would give him a mark of "adequate" or better. I could be wrong.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:08

The question is simply silly, what do you think would happen if Keith stepped out. Will the Stones (without Keith) return as a working unit and roll on for ten more years with great new songs and lots of concerts? They will play some more concerts, and then...they will call it a day.

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:12

I have to assume the OP hasn't seen the most recent shows. I have. Keith is playing better than I've seen him in a long, long time.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:13

DoomandGloom
Best move??? Wood goes to The Faces, Glimmers hire Gary Clarke Jr. as lead guitarist.

Hold on...there's another lead guitar player out there who would be a pretty good fit...

Date: July 8, 2013 22:14

GasLightStreet
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain

See what I mean?

No.Do you even see what you mean? Our minds are obviously wired differently. I think you are an idiot and you obviously think I am an idiot. Some people just can't communicate. That's us. So let's stop. You are the one that is fixated on me, not me on you.

Date: July 8, 2013 22:16

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
GasLightStreet
Grison

Only when they act like it's completely normal to be beyond vain like that.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:17

palerider22
DoomandGloom

Hold on...there's another lead guitar player out there who would be a pretty good fit...
I love Taylor but he's not a step up anymore.

Date: July 8, 2013 22:18

Grison
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
Dutchfan

Yes I can tell you: Keith read your stupid comments on IORR and gave you some Food for thought. hot smiley You did not know? Silly Boy, now you know.

Good! I hope it "lights a fire" under him and he gives the performance of his life this coming Saturday night! Just like my words did for Glastonbury!smoking smiley

Date: July 8, 2013 22:19

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain

No.Do you even see what you mean? Our minds are obviously wired differently. I think you are an idiot and you obviously think I am an idiot. Some people just can't communicate. That's us. So let's stop. You are the one that is fixated on me, not me on you.

You really need to stop quoting and responding to yourself even as examples. This time you repsponded to the same name. All the other times you respond to your other names, sometimes months or even a year apart. The names change but it's the same garbage.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:21

Musicians make mistakes. It happens.
If they're not making mistakes from time to time, it usually means they are playing it safe and that can be just plain boring.

All of the remaining Stones have been responsible for their fair share of mistakes, some resulting in massive train-wrecks.
Why should Keith be the only one to quit?

His playing in 2013 may be nowhere near as good as it was in 1972 but it is far better than it was in 2005-2007, and often better than 2002-2003.
Good enough reason to keep going if you ask me.

When I saw them at the o2 in 2007 I felt very let down, and I thought it may be time to hang it up. when they played there last year I felt so proud that they had got their shit together that much.

Balls to legacy, all that matters is now!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-08 22:23 by vudicus.

Date: July 8, 2013 22:22

GasLightStreet
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
GasLightStreet
Grison

Only when they act like it's completely normal to be beyond vain like that.

Are you discriminating against people that may have more than one personality?

Posted by: Dutchfan ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:24

Well, simply just a mistake!smiling smiley I'm talking about the beginning of SMU. It's probably the worst moment for a mistake but it is something that can happen. Nerves, pressure, distraction of the crowd....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-08 22:27 by Dutchfan.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1250
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home