Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Danish paper reports.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 4, 2005 13:14

Danish tabloid/newspaper B.T. said yesterday in their addition that comes with the newspaper that Mick has been in France for the last few weeks with Keef. Now he has returned to England to work on his docu series "Being...".

Does that guy take the new record seriously enough???

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Danish paper reports.
Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: April 4, 2005 13:37

Well, when they were doing Exile in France some decades ago, he wasn't so much involved either, or spend quite much time to do some socializing in Paris and so on. But the results weren't so bad...

More seriously, I think Mick is so determined and a person who wants the things to be well organized and who does not like spending hours in the studio waiting for right moment or inspiration to come a'la other more 'artistic' souls... I like the scene in Licks documentary where they are in the studio and Mick clearly - with a small frustration in his voice - states "ONE take, Keith". I suppose he would sometimes happily leave Keith back to the studio to "live there" and do his art of tuning...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-04 13:40 by Rorty.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: April 6, 2005 01:38

Is there going to be more than one segment of " Being Mick!"? We all saw that about 2 years ago, so he's filming Part Two? Why haven't we heard about this before now?

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: April 6, 2005 01:57

Debra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there going to be more than one segment of "
> Being Mick!"? We all saw that about 2 years ago,
> so he's filming Part Two? Why haven't we heard
> about this before now?

Mick's production company is doing a series "Being ______" with a rotating feature person.

Karl

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 6, 2005 11:28

>Does that guy take the new record seriously enough???

Yes, if it´s true it´s not a good idea. Maybe it wasn´t that important when they made EXILE (but Keith was CREATIVE THEN). Today it´s Mick who keeps the thing going.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 6, 2005 13:05

" --- when they made EXILE (but Keith was CREATIVE THEN). Today it´s Mick who keeps the thing going."

With highest respect TooTough; that´s very doubtful. You might as well say the opposite: During Exile-sessions Keith was locked up in the bathroom all day... In the common junkie manner, unpredictable and demanding tons of patience. Nowadays it´s Mick that´s flying & floating everywhere and, at times, seems to lose focus. After some good thinking I´m following my Danish soul brother JKF:s above reasoning & questioning.
The Story Of the Stones since ab mid-80´s is mainly the story of Keith Richards achievements to withhold the band.
Nevertheless Jagger had h i s battle during K:s heavy dope/smack years (ca 1967-1979); and Mickster made a tremendous effort keeping his companion alive & even playing most of the nights - Had Jim Morrison such a friend, he could have been alive now as well (and Hendrix, and Janis, and Cobain, etc.).
Long Live Mick Jagger for that!! And today Richards is the stronger rockster.
- Read Victor Bockris´ book on Keefster.

Date: April 6, 2005 23:59

Keith is off of writing rocksongs since 10 years. He hasn´t written any new songs since 8 years (except for Losing my Touch, but that´s not a song). I never was really a Jagger fan, I admired him, but I always loved Keith for his part. But nowadays I must admit that Jagger is far more creative (incl. producing films and writing solo stuff). He keeps it all together and moves it on. That´s what I meant, Baboon.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 7, 2005 00:07

TooTough Wrote:
> > (except for Losing my Touch, but that´s not a
> song).

What is it then? furniture?

Date: April 7, 2005 01:39

T&A Wrote:

> What is it then? furniture?

Yeah, like an old sqeaking cupboard door, something you don´t want to hear actually.

Date: April 7, 2005 01:53

TooTough Wrote:
> T&A Wrote:
>
> > What is it then? furniture?
>
> Yeah, like an old sqeaking cupboard door,
> something you don´t want to hear actually.

it's one heckuva squeaking door, then. i think it's keith's best ballad ever. absolutely a stunning tune.

Date: April 7, 2005 15:15

T&A Wrote:
i think
> it's keith's best ballad ever. absolutely a
> stunning tune.

All About You? Slipping Away? You Got The Silver?

Date: April 7, 2005 16:14

All About You is the best. Objectively.

But his solo trip: "Hate It When You Leave" is a killer as well.
- ... Is it really written by him? Sounds like a black composer; but I reckon one can get tricked by the soft, Otis-like brass licks.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 7, 2005 16:17

"Hate It When You Leave" was written by Keith, Steve Jordan and Waddy Wachtel.

Date: April 7, 2005 16:26

Hey, Once again -
(and now really seep from my heart smiling smiley : ) Thank you erikjjf ...
I dont have this album myself, I borrowed it from my brother-in-law; and this stupido gringo wanted it back... I wanted to believe it was his own song; but this Winos fellows are fine co-writers... What if some of the wax figures who are standing on stage at the tours would be exchanged against some Winos...?!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 7, 2005 17:27

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> All About You is the best. Objectively.
>
> But his solo trip: "Hate It When You Leave" is a
> killer as well.
> - ... Is it really written by him? Sounds like a
> black composer; but I reckon one can get tricked
> by the soft, Otis-like brass licks.

well..it leans very heavily on Motown, style-wise. Especially "what becomes of the broken hearted" by Jimmy Ruffin

Fantastic song.

Date: April 7, 2005 18:36

TooTough Wrote:
> T> > stunning tune.
>
> All About You? Slipping Away? You Got The Silver?
>
>

All good tunes...LMT is better, though, IMO. Better melody, better singing, cooler arrangement (charlie's brushes are just sublime). poignant lyrics. what's not to love? Sinatra would cover this song if he were still around...it's that good.

Date: April 7, 2005 20:32

Gazza wrote:

" 'what becomes of the broken hearted' by Jimmy Ruffin

Fantastic song. "

- Agree, 100%.

Interesting by the way, too see where this thread leads...

(All of you language teachers out there; I know you dont say "seep" from my heart, but "beep")

Posted by: Smalltowns ()
Date: April 7, 2005 23:46

Victor Bockris said in 2001 that keith has finaly bought a studio in connecticut and now is writing blues songs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home