Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Hyde Park Song Vote NOW OPEN
Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 4, 2013 02:07

I would vote for "You Got Me Rocking", when I would go to the show.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 4, 2013 02:55

My vote went to "Rocks Off"

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 07:03

Rocks off.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 4, 2013 07:24

Rockman
Out of Control ... YES Dandelion ...
..........But no cuttin' it short let it jam out at the end

God, a lot of people, who's opinions I trust, love this song, and I don't get it. I wish they would have just covered Papa Was a Rolling Stone, same song. And for that matter, if they gave kd Lang credit on ASMB, why weren't they concerned about OOC??? Help me help myself here, please!

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: July 4, 2013 08:13

Imagination...... the only one song wasn´t not played on tour this year (set list of Echoplex seem other tour...)

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: July 4, 2013 08:32

All down the line

Date: July 4, 2013 08:45

paulywaul
Green Lady
They keep hoping for YGMR, don't they.

As long as it's not Just My Imagination they're welcome to any of those, but I voted for Rocks Off.

YES they do, and heaven only knows why ......... cos' it's a loathsome piece of song-writing. thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down

Why all the hate for YGMR? It's been all over this board for ages and I just don't get it. "Gimme Shelter" or "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" it's obviously not but it's quite a decent song IMHO, especially considering how much filler on VL there is.

They do it often and it rocks like a warhorse live, again IMHO. It's not one of their top ten or fifty songs but it's a fun number nonetheless.

Date: July 4, 2013 08:46

Rockman

thumbs up

Date: July 4, 2013 08:52

Thrylan
Rockman

God, a lot of people, who's opinions I trust, love this song, and I don't get it. I wish they would have just covered Papa Was a Rolling Stone, same song. And for that matter, if they gave kd Lang credit on ASMB, why weren't they concerned about OOC??? Help me help myself here, please!

It's not Papa? Rather Tmemptation's I'm losing you?

OOC has a unique chorus and jam part.

Date: July 4, 2013 08:54

CanYouHearTheMusic
paulywaul
Green Lady
They keep hoping for YGMR, don't they.

As long as it's not Just My Imagination they're welcome to any of those, but I voted for Rocks Off.

YES they do, and heaven only knows why ......... cos' it's a loathsome piece of song-writing. thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down

Why all the hate for YGMR? It's been all over this board for ages and I just don't get it. "Gimme Shelter" or "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" it's obviously not but it's quite a decent song IMHO, especially considering how much filler on VL there is.

They do it often and it rocks like a warhorse live, again IMHO. It's not one of their top ten or fifty songs but it's a fun number nonetheless.
Recent version have been somewhat dragging, compared to the tempo and drive of the 1995 versions, imo.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 4, 2013 08:54

It's ROCKS OFF ................. "done deal" as they say.

O and by the way Glimmers .... no more mention of YGMR please, just put it in the RECYCLE BIN please. Fankyew fankyew fankyew ..... thumbs up ..... what on earth WERE you thinking when you wrote that ? Not your finest hour by any means !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 08:55 by paulywaul.

Date: July 4, 2013 09:01

DandelionPowderman
Thrylan
Rockman

It is unique, but I never felt like the chorus/verse matched up real well, I felt it was.......out of control? I always second guess myself when people with the same taste like something I am indifferent to, I am fallible... lol

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 4, 2013 09:04

I haven't looked them all up but this strikes me as the worst vote since the beginning of the 50th tour! No rarity, no potential Taylor song, had to vote for Just My Imagination since it's the only one I never heard live.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: July 4, 2013 10:05

gotdablouse
I haven't looked them all up but this strikes me as the worst vote since the beginning of the 50th tour! No rarity, no potential Taylor song

--> but one song that is performed more and more perfectly the older it becomes: ROCKS OFF !!! Go for it, everybody smiling smiley

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 4, 2013 10:25

The ones who bash YGMR now will say the same things about Doom&Gloom in a couple of years.

And they will be right. They just need some time for wisdom to grow in their minds smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 10:27 by Torres.

Date: July 4, 2013 10:39

I think YGMR suffers from being the only post 89' song that has been played every tour since its release. It kind of gained warhorse status, without really being one.

Date: July 4, 2013 10:43

Thrylan
DandelionPowderman
Thrylan
Rockman

It is unique, but I never felt like the chorus/verse matched up real well, I felt it was.......out of control? I always second guess myself when people with the same taste like something I am indifferent to, I am fallible... lol

He he smiling smiley Yeah, I know what you mean.

I can't stand the studio version myself, but always thought the live renditions were something special - much in the same way as MR or CYHMK.

Date: July 4, 2013 10:44

maradona
gotdablouse
I haven't looked them all up but this strikes me as the worst vote since the beginning of the 50th tour! No rarity, no potential Taylor song

--> but one song that is performed more and more perfectly the older it becomes: ROCKS OFF !!! Go for it, everybody smiling smiley

Wasn't the last version a train wreck, because of Mick. And they haven't played it again after that. I agree on the first versions being quite good, though.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 10:50

Just My Imagination

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 4, 2013 11:03

I reckon Out of Control is gonna get played at one of the Hyde Park gigs,as well as CYHMK.

After reading all the comments, I still go for ADTL. winking smiley

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: July 4, 2013 11:12

TheGreek
love in vain with mick taylor or dead flowers with mick taylor ,or sweet virginia with mick taylor .also how about mr slowhand doing some blues with the stones?

thumbs up 100%

Date: July 4, 2013 11:17

DandelionPowderman
I´m sure they could have pulled off Rough Justice or Out of Control (which they played on the show I attended last year) if they wanted to. Even Love Is Strong.

Doom And Gloom and One More Shot has to be their attempt at being modern. They are almost brand new smiling smiley

Is Out of Control a little bit similar to the song My Papa Was a Rolling Stone, or is this by purpose???

Out of Control is a good live song though.

Date: July 4, 2013 11:27

DandelionPowderman
I´m sure they could have pulled off Rough Justice or Out of Control (which they played on the show I attended last year) if they wanted to. Even Love Is Strong.

Doom And Gloom and One More Shot has to be their attempt at being modern. They are almost brand new smiling smiley

They could play Anybody Seen My Baby, it's a really good song thought the melody is close to Constant Craving but still...It's their best song in the last 30 years.

Sparks Will Fly is a good rock song.

Rough Justice is also a good rock song.

Love Is Strong would be okay and Out of Control would be okay.

I wouldn't mind even Rain Fall Down...

Date: July 4, 2013 11:28

TheKamanick
[www.rollingstones.com]

All Down The Line
Rocks Off
When The Whip Comes Down
You Got Me Rocking
Just My Imagination

I hope it will be All Down The Line or Rocks Off but they should play both of them.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: July 4, 2013 11:28

Rocks off!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 4, 2013 11:35

Rocks off, and play it like I saw it in 73!

Posted by: Vertigo05 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 11:54

Oh my god! I was so happy that they played you got me rocking only 2 times during this tour... Please not at Hyde Park...!!! It's the nerviest song ever!!!!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 4, 2013 12:25

no way to vote using the famous "RS android app"...

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: July 4, 2013 12:31

You Got Me Rocking

Does what it says on the tin

\m/

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:31

I was hoping to be able to vote for Two Trains..
or more suitable "I'm Yours, I'm Hers"

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home