Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: VOTE HERE for Rolling Stones To Play "Love In Vain" With MICK TAYLOR at Last Hyde Park Concert
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 13, 2013 14:27

Let's hope this request isn't in vain.

Re: VOTE HERE for Rolling Stones To Play "Love In Vain" With MICK TAYLOR at Last Hyde Park Concert
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 13, 2013 19:30

kleermaker
Let's hope this request isn't in vain.

thumbs up

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 13, 2013 20:46

EDITED INITIAL POST ...

ORIGINAL FIRST POST:

Hope so. They played it once, at the Echoplex gig.

Slow it down some... Calm down those wild & crazy European Stones fans...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-13 20:48 by schillid.

Date: July 13, 2013 20:52

+1

The good thing about a fake vote is that you can vote as many times and as often as you like...

I feel that the fakeness should be totally transparent in a fake vote.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: July 13, 2013 21:01

Love in vain - guys this is just too bad if you don't play it!
Let MT in and let the tigers out!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Date: July 13, 2013 22:01

When the train left the station
It had two lights on behind

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 04:15 by schillid.

The train left the Station
Date: July 14, 2013 20:55

the blue light was my blues

Re: The train left the Station
Date: July 14, 2013 20:56

and the red light was my mind

Re: The Train Left The Station ... WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN
Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 14, 2013 23:09

Why should the Stones include any surprises in their big shows when everybody is so happy to hear the same string of warhorses all over again?

It is clear that the warhorses are the backbone of the setlists but some rarely played songs in between would have been great.

But then you read that the audience do not want to hear any song they do not know...

Hey man, I was at a Mumford and Sons concert in spring. For some reasons I had not listened to the second album BABEL before so I did not know the new songs. It was a terrific concert which I enjoyed tremendously!

If it was not for the setlist moaners we probably wouldn't have gotten any rarities that blended so well into the well-known repertoire.

The biggest disappointment of the tour was underusing Mick Taylor. Love in vain would have been a truly moving moment in the Hyde Park shows.

Sorry, but I had to say that.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: July 14, 2013 23:26

Mick Jagger needs a teleprompter to remember the words of the same songs he keeps singing over and over. He also seems more concerned about his costumes than the music. It's not surprising that he didn't care to vary the setlists much during the tour or use their guest guitarist more at Hyde Park. Though you can't blame him entirely for the set list problem, when they have a guitarist who's been with the band for 50 years and still can't remember how to play the song intros he wrote.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 14, 2013 23:34

marianna

they have a guitarist who's been with the band for 50 years and still can't remember how to play the song intros he wrote.

He's been practicing day and night to make sure he gets it right next time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-14 23:37 by tatters.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 15, 2013 00:17

Although some posters were pissy and petulant about it, I do wish you all could have gotten your favorite songs, especially schillid here who always asked so nicely and creatively.

The train may have pulled out of the station, but it'll be back. Just don't expect any new passengers, the same ones will be there, just in different outfits. Still, there may be a few stowaways that surprise us, maybe even Love in Vain will sneak into the baggage car.

I just hope it comes back soon, I'll be more than happy to see the same old faces in the window.

Date: July 15, 2013 01:40

Marianna, are you a Stones fan at all?

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: July 15, 2013 01:43

-I'm an adult who's entitled to express an opinion on a stupid Internet message board, not a child who thinks the Stones are Justin Bieber who can do no wrong and not deserving of criticism and worth paying any amount of money to see. I read Keith's book. He's not a person worth defending for anything. But I do like Stones' music, too bad they can't play it as well as they used to.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 01:49 by marianna.

Date: July 15, 2013 01:49

Just wondered, since you've never said a single positive thing about the band here at this board.

Have fun with your further mocking of the band members, it's a free world...

Date: July 15, 2013 01:53

Why edit? Sycophant... nice, and real classy - thanks!

Date: July 15, 2013 02:25

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 15, 2013 04:00

Nice schillid, we could use some peace in the IORR kingdom. smiling smiley

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: July 24, 2013 05:30

So sorry to all you diehard stones fans but for me I wouldn't go to another stones show for the simple fact that I know I'd be in for another listen to all those same old songs I've already heard way too often! How many times does one have to hear Satisfaction until your just completely tired of it? Ditto on most of their regulars, I've heard them enough. These tunes were fresh and exciting 30-40 years ago, but now there just plain boring and I'd sooner listen to Alabama Shakes.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 24, 2013 05:35

I could listen to it a thousand more times. In the not too distant future, I'll have all the time in the world to reflect on their amazing career, but as long as those 70+ years olds are willing to get out there and rock it, I'll be eager to listen to whatever they wanna play. I guess it's a matter of how you choose to live your life. You can enjoy it, or you can bitch about it.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 24, 2013 06:38

jazzbass
I could listen to it a thousand more times. In the not too distant future, I'll have all the time in the world to reflect on their amazing career, but as long as those 70+ years olds are willing to get out there and rock it, I'll be eager to listen to whatever they wanna play. I guess it's a matter of how you choose to live your life. You can enjoy it, or you can bitch about it.

FKN-A RIGHT!! +1

STONES!!

Posted by: tomzen ()
Date: July 24, 2013 09:22

The songs they play live are for the people in attendance at the show and not for those sitting behind computers waiting for some rarely played tune to turn up on youtube. If you're at the show together with thousands of happy fellow stones fans and it doesn't move you to hear your favourite band playing the songs that made them, right in front of you and with such intensity as they do, then I would think it's more about having a problem with enjoying life in general! Hell, it's their 50-years celebration and if you are tired of hearing JJF, BS and Satisfaction, then why not just skip playing them at home and save them for the gig(s) you plan to go to? In this age and days, it's not like these songs keep popping up on your radio station every morning to annoy you either, is it?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 24, 2013 09:35

rob51
I wouldn't go to another stones show

Cool, thanks. More chance for me to get tickets

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 24, 2013 09:36

jazzbass
I guess it's a matter of how you choose to live your life. You can enjoy it, or you can bitch about it.

Well said smileys with beer cheers mate

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: Do You Think They'll Play "Love In Vain" With MICK TAYLOR ?
Date: February 12, 2014 19:07

THE TRAIN IS RENOVATIN' IN THE STATION...

....................................Love

In

Vain....................................

Love In Vain

Well I followed her to the station
With a suitcase in my hand
Yeah, I followed her to the station
With a suitcase in my hand
Whoa, it's hard to tell, it's hard to tell
When all your love's in vain

When the train come in the station
I looked her in the eye
Well the train come in the station
And I looked her in the eye
Whoa, I felt so sad so lonesome
That I could not help but cry

When the train left the station
Yeah, when the train left the station
Whoa, the blue light was my baby
And the red light was my mind

All my love's in vain
All my love's in vain

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-12 19:11 by schillid.

Re: The Train Is Renovating In The Station
Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: February 12, 2014 22:22

I second the Stop Breaking Down recommendation - my favorite Taylor performance.

Re: The Train Is Renovating In The Station
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 13, 2014 00:01

Please please play Love in Vain in Hyde Park. I will definitely cry for the first time at a concerthot smiley

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1096
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home