Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Glastonbury was great but...
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 7, 2013 17:22

One sure way to stop the insults is to close down the comments section in IORR, as has been hinted at... not that any short timer noob posters here will give one fk aboput that, they will just move on to another board and insult the person who runs that.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 7, 2013 17:39

Those of you jaundiced with Björnulfs pit tickets: It's not too late to choose that lifestyle for yourselves. It certainly takes a lot of work and dedication to get there though.
But if you are willing to put up with that: Just go for it! It's a matter of choices and prioritisations, at least for most of us.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: July 7, 2013 17:45

I could not comment on Glastonbury performance.. There are too few videos for us in US to see. That, coupled with BBC removing uploaded broadcasts make seeing certian songs like "Glastonbury Girl" difficult to impossible to find. Too bad there are so few songs on Youtube; I do sincerely hope all in Europe enjoyed the Youtube videos uploaded from US shows.

Date: July 7, 2013 17:51

Stoneage
Those of you jaundiced with Björnulfs pit tickets: It's not too late to choose that lifestyle for yourselves. It certainly takes a lot of work and dedication to get there though.
But if you are willing to put up with that: Just go for it! It's a matter of choices and prioritisations, at least for most of us.
smileys with beer Dang right!! it is not like being jealous of a king, some billionaire, astronaut or someone else at an unreachable height/goal..... what bv does is very doable (AS HE HAS EXPLAINED TO US MANY TIMES, if people would just read what he told us) for anyone who wants to work their ass off and exert the effort..... but as usual it is easier to whine and cry and be jealous than to actually go do it.

I myself greatly admire people like bv, and that is not bowing down or kissing anyone's ass, it is simply admiring someone doing something very well, and then sharing it with others so they/we/I can take a peek in and imagine the fun, or at least some of us can, others just want to be jealous ,and whine about it, and then hurl insults. I wonder if that makes them feel better?

Dont be envious/jealous, go do it yourself, too.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 7, 2013 18:41

Max'sKansasCity
crumbling_mice
The issue of what, how and why BV gets to shows shouldn't even be discussed. What he does with his life is his business. He runs IORR for free for us and shares information when he can. Good luck to him. Of course we would all love to be at as many shows as possible and near the front etc etc, but envy is a negative way of looking at it. Just be glad that we know someone who can do these things and can report back to us. Give the guy a break!

You can sure say that again.

A little more appreciation and thanks (instead of stupid questions, accusations and jealousy) is more in line with what bv deserves. I wish people would stop pissing on the camp fire and making simple things (rock and roll) not so fun.

It is work to run this place, Try saying thanks sometime as opposed to bitching, whining and asking dumb questions and being jealous of things everyone can do if they wanted to and put in the effort.

If/when people want things revealed, then they will be revealed.

bv, I know you know that many many many MORE people appreciate your efforts than the 5-6 big mouths who nag at/about you. Please dont let these 5-6 people ruin the party for all of us... all of us accross the Earth. You know how many people come here, and many dont post at all. Your work and efforts and stories and pictures and updates are appreciated by people far and wide. Thank you, and thank you again (a thousand times) from people who dont say it.

And to people who get too worried about what/how/when...
ITS ONLY ROCK AND ROLL! Maybe try to stop thinking about it so hard.
thumbs up

Posted by: kees ()
Date: July 7, 2013 18:53

' 2013 USA shows the best shows since 1972'
What a joke, how can somebody seriously make such a comment ?
I totally agree with Matthijs, most of the shows in the USA are 2nd class shows. Not because of Jagger, but clearly because of Wood/Richards.
Yes these guitars are loud, but that makes listening even more painful for the ears.
And yes, my info is based purely on a few excellent audience recordings from the show. But don't see what I cannot judge based on them.
Is there anyone who wants to trade any 2013 show against a 75-78-81/82 gig....?

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: July 7, 2013 20:13

I really think they are playing better in 2013 than in 2006 and 2007 (worst year IMO).

But, nothing compare with the 78 Tour...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 8, 2013 01:53

Going to concerts can be exhausting - and not just financially. Perhaps I haven't read enough of this one to get it. So BV goes to a lot of shows - so what. I dunno. Good for him!

Right?

Is there some perception that his opinion of the Stones is equiavelent to JumpingJackOLantern's (and, of course, all the other names) inane threads, excessive selfishness, stupidity, Stones-can-do-no-wrong and team cheering? I've never gotten that.

Date: July 8, 2013 01:57

DoomandGloom
Well I hate to disagree with BV and I am basing my opinion on mostly UTUBES, 3 live shows and TV, what happened in Glastonburry was a step up, an historic moment in rock, like Jimi at Woodstock or The Beatles at Shea. Amazingly it took 50 years for The Stones to have their defining moment in concert but there it was, age defying, balls out and chillingly genuine. While I have not heard every J.J.F. they ever played I will go out on a limb and say Saturday's was the greatest performance of that warhorse, ever!

Your limb has been cut off. No more going out on limbs for you. Clean your ears out too. How is Glastonbury their 'defining moment in concert'? Just because they played a festival?

You have no idea, as usual, what the term 'context' means. CLEARLY. What happened to October...

Date: July 8, 2013 02:05

bleedingman
This band just seems so much better than the one in "Shine A Light", which I don't really care for, personally. I love what I've seen/heard of the Glastonbury show (those weren't models down front this time). The Chicago show which is on Hot Stuff is quite good also. All that's left is for them to consumate this rebirth with a really good CD of new original material. I know, I know, but...

That's funny. They certainly do seem better - just based on the youtube clips they sound better than ANYTHING from the Bang tour, which doesn't need to wait for any bullshit historians to conclude that it was their worst tour.

That movie, with very few exceptions, is pretty bad. It (as well as the live album) makes Live Licks seem like GYYYO! in comparison ha ha.

The recording of the Hyde Park shows is obviously some kind of send off...

Date: July 8, 2013 02:16

sonomastone
Some fans only choose to say positive things about the stones, and BV is one of them, I respect that, although I have a much more critical eye towards the band and in particular the Glimmer Twins.

I've never seen BV quash any criticism of the Stones in the short time that I've been on here.

For example, I started a "worst train wrecks on stage" topic about a month ago, it was a lot of fun and there was no criticsm from anyone for having a thread dedicated to the Stones screw-ups on stage.

Yes. And that thread is genius! I used to record what I could on a VCR, screw ups. One day sitting around watching it with a friend, he said 'There's got to be a way to MAKE one of these!' and I agreed with him.

Not too many years later you can - just about anywhere on the internet! And with so much more access than what the TV will spit at you.

The flubs are what make the band human - and great. It provides contrast. Mistakes are good - and entertaining. Like the Voodoo Lounge PPV SFTD solo... Woody's harmonics in the solo of Miss You from the 1989 Atlantic City PPV where Mick and Keith share this 'WTF is he doing?' look and Keith just nods his head...

Perhaps the set list talk is about a LACK of contrast. They play it safe. Granted, it's really another greatest hits tour (even with some of the other songs they have plugged in here and there - not exactly taking a chance) but they have a HUGE catalog, a major majority of which they ignore. No matter how good they are or may be playing, it's still safe, with the newest song being from 1981. That's not anything near celebrating 50 years...

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: July 8, 2013 04:39

Max'sKansasCity
crumbling_mice
The issue of what, how and why BV gets to shows shouldn't even be discussed. What he does with his life is his business. He runs IORR for free for us and shares information when he can. Good luck to him. Of course we would all love to be at as many shows as possible and near the front etc etc, but envy is a negative way of looking at it. Just be glad that we know someone who can do these things and can report back to us. Give the guy a break!

A little more appreciation and thanks (instead of stupid questions, accusations and jealousy) is more in line with what bv deserves. I wish people would stop pissing on the camp fire and making simple things (rock and roll) not so fun.

It is work to run this place, Try saying thanks sometime as opposed to bitching, whining and asking dumb questions and being jealous of things everyone can do if they wanted to and put in the effort.

bv, I know you know that many many many MORE people appreciate your efforts than the 5-6 big mouths who nag at/about you. Please dont let these 5-6 people ruin the party for all of us... all of us accross the Earth. You know how many people come here, and many dont post at all. Your work and efforts and stories and pictures and updates are appreciated by people far and wide. Thank you, and thank you again (a thousand times) from people who dont say it.

firstly Max/and others, if you are referring to my comments about BV telling us how and why he is so lucky etc... it is not insulting, nor is it envious or negative !

I merely asked him that he should let us know so as to avoid the constant innuendo about his connection with the Band - i have said this 3 times now and it clearly hasn't got through your skull.

If he wants to put the Stones before family etc..blah blah blah it's his business...I agree, same for anyone.

some guys just need to settle down, relax, stop ar$elicking and read slowly...my posts on this subject are not insulting.

for the record, BV does a great job and his website is defintely the best one on the Net...happy now Max ?

Date: July 8, 2013 05:11

Eleanor Rigby
Max'sKansasCity
crumbling_mice

firstly Max/and others, if you are referring to my comments about BV telling us how and why he is so lucky etc... it is not insulting, nor is it envious or negative !

I merely asked him that he should let us know so as to avoid the constant innuendo about his connection with the Band - i have said this 3 times now and it clearly hasn't got through your skull.

If he wants to put the Stones before family etc..blah blah blah it's his business...I agree, same for anyone.

some guys just need to settle down, relax, stop ar$elicking and read slowly...my posts on this subject are not insulting.

for the record, BV does a great job and his website is defintely the best one on the Net...happy now Max ?

If you want to wear the label whiner and imagine anyone was talking about you, then that is on you.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 8, 2013 06:16

Max, it's fine with me if you are running for ass-kisser of the year.

But shouldn't Eleanor Rigby also be allowed equal time to post on whatever strikes his/her fancy?

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 8, 2013 06:27

I liked it when this thread was about Glastonbury.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 8, 2013 12:06

steverogan
I could not comment on Glastonbury performance.. There are too few videos for us in US to see. That, coupled with BBC removing uploaded broadcasts make seeing certian songs like "Glastonbury Girl" difficult to impossible to find. Too bad there are so few songs on Youtube; I do sincerely hope all in Europe enjoyed the Youtube videos uploaded from US shows.

You better take a look at the buy/sell/trade section of Iorr. Incredible what you can get there for free! Even from Europe. I guess you missed something on YT as well.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 8, 2013 12:40

fahthree
As a vocal critic of BV I don't think he should answer that question. It's not our business.

My point has always been this -- when you are in the pit every night, regardless of how you get there, your perception of a show will always be different. They could play Dirty Work in its entirety and if you're 10 feet from them it will be amazing. You won't complain about the setlist. But, you shouldn't take shots at people who are labeled whiners or complainers. Your view is jaded. Frankly, those fans are just passionate.

Then when he inserts envy into the conversation he ends up looking like a jackass. Who the f is he to think he is worthy of envy? That's an exaggerated sense of self-worth. The Stones are cool, we get that, and while going to all the shows is awesome it's not worthy of envy. What's sad is someone would actually think it is...

Finally, an audience doesn't need to know every song to enjoy a concert -- a popular assertion.

By the way, I do appreciate what BV does as far as the site goes. I've said that countless times but I don't feel the need to bow down and join the personality cult.

I am guessing you are 12 years old. You are a useless jackass to me. Why? Because you are childish and clutter up this site. In contrast Mr BV is very useful to me and very appreciated. Why? Because he runs this site and doesn't charge me or anyone a penny. Very very nice of him.

What have you ever done for me? and for free?? NOTHING!!!!! See the difference now? You do the hard work and pay hosting fees for a large Rolling Stones fan site we will see how you do. You will make a mess of it and no one will ENVY YOU and this is for sure.

You have no f'ing manners to be insulting your host at his dinner table where you are eating his food and not paying one cent. You take and you do not give. Summation--- grow up!!

BV probably has many people who envy (are jealous) his access to the Stones events. You too can have this kind of access and envy but the price is spending thousands of hours and thousands of dollars building and maintaining a large Rolling Stones website

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-08 12:41 by triceratops.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: July 8, 2013 15:54

triceratops
I am guessing you are 12 years old. You are a useless jackass to me. Why? Because you are childish and clutter up this site. In contrast Mr BV is very useful to me and very appreciated. Why? Because he runs this site and doesn't charge me or anyone a penny. Very very nice of him.

What have you ever done for me? and for free?? NOTHING!!!!! See the difference now? You do the hard work and pay hosting fees for a large Rolling Stones fan site we will see how you do. You will make a mess of it and no one will ENVY YOU and this is for sure.

You have no f'ing manners to be insulting your host at his dinner table where you are eating his food and not paying one cent. You take and you do not give. Summation--- grow up!!

BV probably has many people who envy (are jealous) his access to the Stones events. You too can have this kind of access and envy but the price is spending thousands of hours and thousands of dollars building and maintaining a large Rolling Stones website

As the host of a dinner party you don't insult the guests by saying they are envious of what you have. That's bad manners as well.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1301
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home