Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: So, Who Has This Album?
Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: July 3, 2013 04:51

Glad to hear some like She's the Boss. I like some of it, like 1/2 a Loaf, same with Goddess. Primitive Cool was supposed to be a lot more ambitious and "serious" than She's The Boss, but it hasn't aged well.

The less often seen 1/2 a Loaf video:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: nobs ()
Date: July 3, 2013 04:56

Bill should just play bass (preferably for the Stones) always embarrassing to see him try any other position on a stage

Date: July 3, 2013 06:04

I'm a big fan of much solo Stones stuff.
all
Don't go for the notion that the only good Ron album is the first one. It's great, but they all are. "Neck" has bad production but very good songs. "Slide on This" excellent as is "I Feel Like Playing"; "1234" is his most ragged one but if you are a Stoner it should be up your alley; "Not for Beginners" is the hardest one to dig because if shows him having left the planet for a brief while.
Keith released two stellar albums.
With Jagger you have the dreadful production on first two. The songwriting isn't all that great either. But "Spirit" is tops, and IMO "Goddess" gets a bad rap. A fine album.
With Wyman, the first one is okay; actually not half bad. The second is RUINED by saccharine BU vocals glazed all over every song. The one with "je suis rockstar" is decent. "Stuff" is terrible, LOL. and all the rest with Rhythm kings are bland and unremarkable.
Taylor "Mick Taylor", "Stone's Throw", "Stranger in this Town" and "live with Carla Olsen" are the best.
Charlie has two good ones where he has Bernard singing "Long Ago & far Away", and IMO "Warm And Tender" is even better.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home