Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: where's Dave EDMUNDS!?
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 28, 2013 13:08

I know lots of you people are (semi-)pro's, or at least very well informed about the things that are going on in this sweet microcosmos that is R'n'R.

Anybody know how & where I would be able to contact Dave Edmunds?!

I read that he had heart problems about 5 (or so) years ago, but I also know he occasionaly played (rather low-profile) gigs after that...

There's no official website, just an unactive Facebook-page, and no 'usual suspects' amongst the artistic agencies (UK-based or worldwide) that list him in their portfolio.

Any help would be greatly apreciated!

(P.S.: hbwriter, I have a feeling you might be able to shed some light...?! I'd e-mail you personaly about this, but your e-mail address is hidden. Drop me a line if you see fit, OK. Thx!)

Re: OT: where's Dave EDMUNDS!?
Posted by: bob r ()
Date: June 28, 2013 15:25

Yeah...where the heck has he been ? A really great guitar player and always put out entertaining records--
would love to see Rockpile re-group and do a few shows--Edmunds and Nick Lowe and Billy Bremner and Terry Williams were terrific.

Date: June 28, 2013 15:32

Not much to be found about him after the end of the last decade...

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: June 28, 2013 15:47

Dave is a tad older now. He did a solo thing in small clubs some years ago, but there wasn't much rock n roll. Imagine going to see Dave and no Chuck Berry songs. Glad I saw the Chuck Berry 60th birthday thing at the Felt Forum for and with Chuck with Dave on guitar. Dave carried the show, of course. That was a terrific band with Leavell on piano, Entwistle on bass and the drummer from Rockpile, forget his name.

Date: June 28, 2013 15:58

Carnaby
Dave is a tad older now. He did a solo thing in small clubs some years ago, but there wasn't much rock n roll. Imagine going to see Dave and no Chuck Berry songs. Glad I saw the Chuck Berry 60th birthday thing at the Felt Forum for and with Chuck with Dave on guitar. Dave carried the show, of course. That was a terrific band with Leavell on piano, Entwistle on bass and the drummer from Rockpile, forget his name.

Was that 60th birthday thing a one off-gig? Before or after the 60th birthday-gigs with Keith and the others for Hail Hail Rock'n'Roll?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 28, 2013 16:05

A one off on Chuck's birthday, October 18th.

Date: June 28, 2013 16:07

Thanks! thumbs up

Posted by: R ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:42

I saw his Rock And R&R Revue, circa 1990. It was fabulous. It was said at the time Dave had tinitus so bad he couldn't do a whole show hence the walk-ons (though he did perform with most of them). He hasn't done a proper tour since, that I know of and only one album of what sounded like demos.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:46

Dave EDMUNDS?

Date: July 2, 2013 11:03

noughties
Dave EDMUNDS?

...and your question is...??

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 2, 2013 11:10

RoughJusticeOnYa
noughties
Dave EDMUNDS?

proper use of capitalization?

Date: July 2, 2013 11:30

sonomastone
RoughJusticeOnYa
noughties
Dave EDMUNDS?

Is there such a thing?!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 2, 2013 11:34

Dave Edmunds and Chris Spedding recording a couple of tracks with Paul McCartney in 1984.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 2, 2013 11:46

Hopefully watching the Flamin' Groovies in London tonight.

Date: July 2, 2013 11:57

RoughJusticeOnYa
sonomastone
RoughJusticeOnYa
noughties
Dave EDMUNDS?

Is there such a thing?!

...I Googled it (the source of insight par exellence),
and the general meaning of the word 'proper' is something like...

"as I see fit".

So I better adjust my behaviour;
for somebody feeling offended is reason enough
to be excommunicated in any possible way, these days.

Please (all of you) accept my adjustements ...

"Dave Edmunds"

... ànd , off course, my (fashionable!!) "sincere apologies".

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 2, 2013 12:03

Just for the record
I don't give a whit
I was trying to guess at their meaning

Date: July 2, 2013 12:08

sonomastone
Just for the record
I don't give a whit
I was trying to guess at their meaning

...it wasn't personal. ;o)

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 2, 2013 12:08

Dave is a great guitarist and by the way he produced the Stray Cats, one of my favorite bands beside the Stones, the Race is on:

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 2, 2013 14:31

RoughJusticeOnYa
noughties
Dave EDMUNDS?

Well, I do know that he`s a kind of rocker who is likely to have some fans at this site. I think I have a musiccasette called "Rockpile" from way back. Honestly, I`ve lost interest years ago.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 2, 2013 16:56

I believe he retired from the music industry after several heart surgery's and hearing problems.

Mathijs

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: July 2, 2013 18:15

Silver Dagger
Hopefully watching the Flamin' Groovies in London tonight.
I'll be seeing them on 10th July in San Francisco. Dave produced an album or two of theirs in the '80s as I recall.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 2, 2013 18:39

muenke
Dave is a great guitarist and by the way he produced the Stray Cats, one of my favorite bands beside the Stones, the Race is on:

Yes he is and yes he did.
Here is Dave as musical director (and playing great!) on "Blue Suede Shoes: A Rockabilly Session" (21 October 1985, London) with Carl Perkins, George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Ringo Starr and some others like...Lee Rocker & Slim Jim Phantom.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 3, 2013 01:26

Nice to see folks have not forgotten about Dave. He was such a great player and his live shows as the headliner or just him playing guitar in a strong lineup always soared. Edmunds could rock it up with the best, and he had Berry licks down as good as anyone. Nice rockabilly material to boot. I love his albums and the contributions he made within Rockpile.

Yes we are all aging. I hope Dave is doing ok.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 3, 2013 01:51

Got me thinking about Nick Lowe...who's playing the day before the Stones as it turns out...

[nicklowe.com]

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 3, 2013 03:49

Dave and Keith at the Bottom Line (audio):

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 3, 2013 04:23

You may need to go through other people. Jools Holland likely can contact him.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 3, 2013 04:59

The short amount of time I spent with him and Terry, who also was in Dire Strats, I found they never talked music and were mainly interested in American television detective shows. They drank beer all the time and had many tales of them falling asleep in strange places. As an American I am always charmed by the Brits interpretation of Rock 'n' Roll, as a light weight I was amazed at their ability to function on a steady booze. Dave is a great talent and perhaps to modest for his own good. Rockpile was a great band, I believe they had 2 record contracts at once. Dave Edmunds' Rockpile and Nick Lowes' Rockpile were the same band with the same setlists doing back to back tours.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 05:10 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 3, 2013 05:14

treaclefingers
Got me thinking about Nick Lowe...who's playing the day before the Stones as it turns out...

[nicklowe.com]
Yes Nick is coming to play in The US right near my country home. I will see that show for certain. It's a few weeks off, I could try to ask about Dave but I'd probably stay away from the performers. Nick Lowe does not work in luxury, I'm sure he needs his space.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home