Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Why don't they play Plundered My Soul?
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 20:01

Forgive me if this has been discussed ad-nauseum, but if so, I missed it.
They play the other new songs, why not PMS?
Just wondering because I think many fans were in agreement that it was the best song they'd had in decades, whereas the response to the newer songs has been predictable 'Ehh...

I don't get it.

Re: Why don't they play Plundered My Soul?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 28, 2013 20:06

It's nothing more than a promo for the Exile re re re re remaster with bonus disc.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 28, 2013 20:10

His Majesty
It's nothing more than a promo for the Exile re re re re remaster with bonus disc.

No, it's the best single track they've come up with in 30 years.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 28, 2013 20:11

Hardly anyone in the audience knows the song.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 28, 2013 20:12

"It's nothing more than a promo for the Exile re re re re remaster with bonus disc."

"No, it's the best single track they've come up with in 30 years."

It's Both!

Date: June 28, 2013 20:13

They already play the real thing: Tumbling Dice winking smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 28, 2013 20:16

71Tele
His Majesty

No, it's the best single track they've come up with in 30 years.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 28, 2013 20:41

windmelody

not to mention the members of the band...

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:56

Mick thinks he can squeeze a few more sales out of Grrr, that's why you're hearing the two new songs, quality doesn't have anything to do with it. If they'd released the Exile/Some Girls tracks as a separate album ala Tattoo You, as they should have, they could have moved alot more product. Then we could have gotten a listen to a selection of those tunes live now, including Plundered My Soul.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 29, 2013 00:32

StonesCat
Mick thinks he can squeeze a few more sales out of Grrr, that's why you're hearing the two new songs, quality doesn't have anything to do with it. If they'd released the Exile/Some Girls tracks as a separate album ala Tattoo You, as they should have, they could have moved alot more product. Then we could have gotten a listen to a selection of those tunes live now, including Plundered My Soul.

Unless I missed it I find it interesting that no one from the Stones has mentioned anything about the worst hits album cover of all time, especially Keith, of all people, seeing that his boots say FIFTY LICKS on them.

Everytime I see GRRRRR on a shelf at Best Buy or wherever I swear it's the same one I saw last time. It's always the same amount on the shelf. Nobody has bought it.

Perhaps it's some kind of joke - here's our last release with UMe, another pointless hits comp - so let's give it a horrible cover to boot!

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: June 29, 2013 01:14

I wish they'd tried a couple of cuts from the SG release... PMS is perhaps their best song of the last 30 years and it would be very cool to hear it at least once!

Posted by: steini ()
Date: June 29, 2013 01:18

I think the main reason is (and yeah it´s a bit surprising for many) but they tend to underestimate themselfs and the songs and not at least the crowd.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 29, 2013 01:29

They might play it in France, where it was a top 20 hit single (#15). They'd be fools not to play it in the Netherlands, where it was a #3 hit single. However, it only made #200 in the UK, so don't expect it to be played in the upcoming three shows.

In fact, it was their last really big hit single in Europe--though only in France and Holland--but still, in the next string of Euro shows audiences might get lucky.

Doom and Gloom was top 20 in the Netherlands (#17), though, so fans there might get that instead, as it's more recent.

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: June 29, 2013 02:08

Wow--I didn't know the Stones still charted singles so high in Europe! They wouldn't play a Stones single in the States if Adele, Lady GaGa, Jay-Z, Beyonce, AND Justin Beiber were on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 02:09 by ZantiMisfit.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 29, 2013 03:38

Because the song is just plan terrible.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: June 29, 2013 04:21

ZantiMisfit
Wow--I didn't know the Stones still charted singles so high in Europe! They wouldn't play a Stones single in the States if Adele, Lady GaGa, Jay-Z, Beyonce, AND Justin Beiber were on it.
Generally I agree with that, but Doom and Gloom got a great deal of airtime here in Philadelphia.

I don't get the not playing Plundered My Soul, as well as something from SG Deluxe. Although many here hated it, I thought Don't Be a Stranger had HIT written all over it. I also think Keith could kill with We Had It All, but the bastards continue to not ask me about the set list.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 29, 2013 05:00

It's one of the worst songs the Stones have ever done. Not one thing good about it. It make Streets of Love song like a masterpiece.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: June 29, 2013 05:12

Love the song -- related to "Tumbling Dice" as "Jumping Jack Flash" is related to "Satisfaction" (to my third ear). Absolutely their best release in decades, and I heard it a fair amount on the radio (granted bottom of the dial and Little Steven's Underground Garage). But I think it's perfect with the amazing official video -- no need to half-ass it onstage.

Date: June 29, 2013 05:37

GasLightStreet
StonesCat

Unless I missed it I find it interesting that no one from the Stones has mentioned anything about the worst hits album cover of all time, especially Keith, of all people, seeing that his boots say FIFTY LICKS on them.

Everytime I see GRRRRR on a shelf at Best Buy or wherever I swear it's the same one I saw last time. It's always the same amount on the shelf. Nobody has bought it.

Perhaps it's some kind of joke - here's our last release with UMe, another pointless hits comp - so let's give it a horrible cover to boot!

It's only fitting that a joke of an album deserves a joke of a cover. Worst Stones cover art ever.

Date: June 29, 2013 05:40

RockinJive
It's one of the worst songs the Stones have ever done. Not one thing good about it. It make Streets of Love song like a masterpiece.

I actually like it. Which simply means it will never be played live.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 29, 2013 06:22

RockinJive

Ding ding ding!! We have a new winner of the "Stupidest comment ever on IORR"! Congratulations!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 29, 2013 06:36

jazzbass
RockinJive

Ding ding ding!! We have a new winner of the "Stupidest comment ever on IORR"! Congratulations!

How can a matter of taste be stupid or not?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 29, 2013 07:43

sonomastone
jazzbass
RockinJive

How can a matter of taste be stupid or not?

I don't make the rules. It just is.

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: June 29, 2013 08:21

I really love it, the best thing in the last 20 years, at last.
But it might be difficult to get the atmosphere, when played life.

It's more like a radio song, than a stage song, I think.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 29, 2013 08:26

It wasn't on Hot Rocks. That is why.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 25, 2013 02:10

Wry Cooter
But I think it's perfect with the amazing official video -- no need to half-ass it onstage.

Got a point. It's a look back, a snapshot of a time and place and the people.....
Perhaps its better left alone with that fantastic footage in the video. It keeps it pristine in a way..

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 25, 2013 02:31

stupidguy2
Wry Cooter
But I think it's perfect with the amazing official video -- no need to half-ass it onstage.

Got a point. It's a look back, a snapshot of a time and place and the people.....
Perhaps its better left alone with that fantastic footage in the video. It keeps it pristine in a way..

I think it would have been great with Taylor on stage. Also very apt to the way Jagger sings these days.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 25, 2013 02:35

It's not a real song??

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: July 25, 2013 02:39

I was kinda hoping for "No Spare Parts" myself....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 25, 2013 04:04

sonomastone
windmelody

not to mention the members of the band...

LOL...might have to teach it to Keith. MT having recently done the overdubs, would prolly remember his parts.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home