Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

THE FACES regrouping - Rod is KEEN !!!
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 28, 2013 17:05

Cannot believe what I just heard on Smooth Radio 3.00 pm news just now ....... a FACES reunion WITH Rod appears to be likely, following dialogue between Mac and Rod !!

WOW !!

If it happens, and with Ronnie in there too, I'm THERE !! cool smiley hot smiley cool smiley hot smiley cool smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: THE FACES regrouping - Rod is KEEN !!!
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 28, 2013 17:37

I heard Rod somewhere (Howard Stern I think) and he said there's going to be a reunion "as soon as Ronnie is done with the Stones." This was within the past 2 months.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 28, 2013 17:49

bullshite.....
Rod has said that many times before.
he was not there on the 2010 reunion.

when Ronnie gets off fromthe Stones tour, end 2014, Rod will make excuses why he cant be there.

I love Rod, but hes full of Blah blah blah.

but, maybe he will be at the Ziggodome with the Stones ..........

jeroen

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 28, 2013 17:53

corriecas
bullshite.....

when Ronnie gets off fromthe Stones tour, end 2014, Rod will make excuses why he cant be there.

I love Rod, but hes full of Blah blah blah.

jeroen
Yup. Its very annoying of him. Rod is amazing, and he used to be an amazing musician. But he always makes these BS comments in regards to the Faces, and its really sad because then he never follows through on them. He didn't have enough time to be with them in 2010, then somehow managed to weasel his way out of being present at their rock and roll hall of fame induction. The guy is full of it, which sucks because I'd really love to see them play with Rod. Until they play their first show, I wouldn't say this is likely yet. Rod can't sing Faces material anymore and its why I think he keeps backing out.

Posted by: R ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:37

Not this sh-t again.

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:39

i gave up on this a long time ago

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:54

Stewart peddles this crap everytime he's got a new album to promote.

Date: June 28, 2013 18:55

corriecas
bullshite .....

when Ronnie gets off from the Stones tour, end 2014, Rod will make excuses why he cant be there.

I love Rod, but he's full of Blah blah blah.

jeroen

OK thanks for telling me what I heard on the radio is bullshit. In that case, I'll just let the station know that this bloke in Holland or wherever you live knows better, and that for news of a Faces reunion ......... people should contact YOU for further information !

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 28, 2013 20:41

I agree that Rod can't sing Faces material well at this stage of his career. He has to sing in a lower key and it doesn't sound good. The Faces name isn't as lucrative for him as his solo career has been for decades, so it's uncertain why he keeps floating the reunion trial balloon for years, yet never follows up on it.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 20:46

Didn't he say that the Jeff Beck Group was going to re-form too? Can't wait for American Songbook 36: Rod Sings Cats and Fiddler On The Roof

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 28, 2013 21:59

Everyone is keen on this...........until Rod's people bring up the financial split.grinning smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:05

Ronnie, Mac and Kenney are still waiting for him to show up for that third day of rehearsals that they all did together in November 2009.

McLagan told me personally that he felt used by him. He turned up for a couple of days, couldnt have been friendlier and was quite favourable about playing again together - the next day he didnt show up and didnt even have the courtesy to tell the rest of the band.

Rod talking up a Faces reunion just after he has an album and tour to promote (or when the Stones are working together) is as sure a thing as night following day. File it under 'believe it when I see it', I'm afraid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 01:37 by Gazza.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:09

paulywaul
Cannot believe what I just heard on Smooth Radio 3.00 pm news just now ....... a FACES reunion WITH Rod appears to be likely, following dialogue between Mac and Rod !!

WOW !!

If it happens, and with Ronnie in there too, I'm THERE !! (

Sounds like Smooth Radio might have picked up on the recent Mac interview syndicated by ABC News Radio, which quotes him as saying Rod's "really keen now to do it."

He also said that Ronnie found Rod "in a great frame of mind" when they got together in LA a few weeks ago.

[www.myq1075.com]

Rod himself talked about a reunion while doing press for his new album, 'Time':

And what about the comeback with The Faces? Will Stewart and his pal Ronnie Wood be reunited?

“Well, we were on for it but he got nabbed back by the Rolling Stones, didn’t he?” smiles Stewart.

“But let them have him, because my eyes are on next year.

“I’d really like a reunion of The Jeff Beck Group AND The Faces with Ronnie. Imagine that?

“We’ve got the UK tour coming up with the residency at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas after that then we can start thinking about The Faces."

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Date: June 28, 2013 22:15

Guess Ronnie's going to have to leave the Stones to keep Rod happy next year. Ah well.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:31

Not quite. Rod told Howard Stern he's willing to wait for a "window of opportunity." - [youtu.be]

Great interview, btw.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:57

The Faces? Jeff Beck Group? The Rolling Stones? What's going to be next? A reunion by The Birds? Ronnie can only be in one place at a time. These are going to have to be incredibly short tours if he's going to cram so much in. Also, I though I read on here yesterday that a Small Faces reunion is on the cards?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 29, 2013 00:27

cbtaco19
Didn't he say that the Jeff Beck Group was going to re-form too? Can't wait for American Songbook 36: Rod Sings Cats and Fiddler On The Roof
he's already been on the shopping channel hawking his xmas cd, so he doesn't have far to go

Date: June 29, 2013 01:39

Big Al
The Faces? Jeff Beck Group? The Rolling Stones? What's going to be next? A reunion by The Birds? Ronnie can only be in one place at a time. These are going to have to be incredibly short tours if he's going to cram so much in. Also, I though I read on here yesterday that a Small Faces reunion is on the cards?

That should be ok. Thats one of the few bands he was never actually in.

Date: June 29, 2013 01:42

He was in on the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame smiling smiley

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 29, 2013 01:55

Well only time will tell. But Rod is at the O2 between the Hyde park shows...would be nice to see if Ronnie will be a surprise guest.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 29, 2013 02:11

Is this basically the same news I reported here two months ago, or is there something new?

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 02:11 by tatters.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 29, 2013 02:42

bye bye johnny
Not quite. Rod told Howard Stern he's willing to wait for a "window of opportunity." - [youtu.be]

Great interview, btw.

Yes, good interview, as is always the case when Stern is an interviewer....

....however, did you notice the way Rod wears his headphones during the interview. The band is supposed to go across the very top of your head, but he's got it pulled forward across the top of his forehead like a bandana. What's up with that?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 29, 2013 03:29

Sorry, but every time Ronnie is getting press with The Stones...
Rod opens his mouth and tries to steal some thunder.

Some "friend".
thumbs down

Date: June 29, 2013 07:53

kahoosier
Well only time will tell. But Rod is at the O2 between the Hyde park shows...would be nice to see if Ronnie will be a surprise guest.

thumbs up

YES, wouldn't it !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 07:53 by paulywaul.

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: June 29, 2013 08:25

I saw Ronnie 2 weeks ago in Amsterdam, and his voice was OK.
But when it comes to financial splitting, yeah, that might be a hard one .

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 29, 2013 08:26

come on Rod..just do it

Posted by: MainStreetExile ()
Date: June 29, 2013 15:44

He can't wear headphones on the top of his head, his horns get in the way.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 29, 2013 15:59

When Rod really reunites with The Faces, then I do my best to be in the audience in one of their shows.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home