Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 50 & Counting: Tour highlights so far...
Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 19:48

Thanks so much Stonehearted for sharing "No Expectations" They should have played this in Philly as it was up for the cyber vote. How it didn't win remains a mystery (and lost to Dead Flowers, seriously). What a great track that they hardly ever play.

I wish this song replaced the tired "Wild Horses" or even "Angie" as the ballad that Mick plays about 1/3 through the set. It is a much better song, just not as well-known I guess. And that is the reason we continue to hear "Wild Horses" and not "No Expectations."

It's too bad the Philly shows were significantly different. They sounded better on the second show, they played longer and more numbers and more variety as well with Whip and CYHMK. I only wish I was at the second show instead of the first.

Still great memories and lots of fun. Europe you will fall in love again with the Stones this Fall.

Keep rocking and play "No Expectations"!

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 19:53

By the way, my highlight would have been "No Expecations" and would have exceeded my expectations for the show. Since they didn't play it I guess someone could say they didn't meet my expectations.

Ah, that sounds like whining so I would say my highlight was Emotional Rescue, Doom and Gloom and without a doubt, the appearance and contributions of Mick Taylor on Midnight Rambler. It was fantastic!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 27, 2013 19:56

rockdoc8885
Thanks so much Stonehearted for sharing "No Expectations" They should have played this in Philly as it was up for the cyber vote. How it didn't win remains a mystery (and lost to Dead Flowers, seriously). What a great track that they hardly ever play.

I wish this song replaced the tired "Wild Horses" or even "Angie" as the ballad that Mick plays about 1/3 through the set. It is a much better song, just not as well-known I guess. And that is the reason we continue to hear "Wild Horses" and not "No Expectations."

It's too bad the Philly shows were significantly different. They sounded better on the second show, they played longer and more numbers and more variety as well with Whip and CYHMK. I only wish I was at the second show instead of the first.

Still great memories and lots of fun. Europe you will fall in love again with the Stones this Fall.

Keep rocking and play "No Expectations"!

So funny how things have changed. I remember the times when playing wild horses or dead flowers was audacious and not tired. It's really interesting how the popularity/exposure of stones songs has changed over the years.

A highlight for me was mick forcing Charlie to take more of a bow.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 27, 2013 21:33

My highlights may still be to come at Hyde Park, but from the shows I was at (the two O2's) my highlights were:

The opening with the live drummers.

Sitting in the dark close to the stage on the first night and realising what was about to happen just before the lights went up on the very first YCAGWYW choir - a total surprise.

A scorching Live With Me on the 29th November

Keith's set on the same night.

And - not exactly a single highlight, but the growing realisation through those two shows that all four Stones were putting in a focused performance that was a lot better than anything I'd seen on the previous tour, and that this might turn out to be very good indeed - as it has.

Date: June 28, 2013 02:36

it would have been incredible to have been there for the first time they used the choir. must have been such a thrill!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 28, 2013 03:23

Thank you for the videos. It is a great tour and it is amazing that it is. Who would have thought that in 2013 the Rolling Stones could still play at that level. I have seen 2 shows Philly #1 and DC and I had an incredible good time. I am lucky that I didn't have to spend too much $$ which is the major downside of the 2013 tour.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Date: June 28, 2013 03:24

another highlight for me was all the high-quality videos from the shows. thank you to all the people who made them and posted them. and to the stones for not trying to stop it.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 28, 2013 03:34

sonomastone
another highlight for me was all the high-quality videos from the shows. thank you to all the people who made them and posted them. and to the stones for not trying to stop it.
X

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 28, 2013 04:00

DandelionPowderman
"Breakin' love and makin' hearts..." LOL! grinning smiley

Goddamn that's a great song. I love it when that happens. Thanks.

Date: June 28, 2013 16:09

I know many don't like Taylor Swift, but for me this was definitely a highlight - both because of the song selection AND the performance, which was way better than the SAL performance, imo.

Date: June 28, 2013 17:27

Fantastic rendition thumbs up

Date: June 28, 2013 17:33

So many highlights!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 28, 2013 17:56

Green Lady

Sitting in the dark close to the stage on the first night and realising what was about to happen just before the lights went up on the very first YCAGWYW choir - a total surprise.

And - not exactly a single highlight, but the growing realisation through those two shows that all four Stones were putting in a focused performance that was a lot better than anything I'd seen on the previous tour, and that this might turn out to be very good indeed - as it has.

These are the kind of things that can only really be experienced by actually being there. thumbs up

Date: June 28, 2013 18:56

Thanks, Green Lady! That's exactly how I felt, too smileys with beer

Date: July 1, 2013 09:34

No doubt this one should be included in this thread! thumbs up

Date: July 1, 2013 09:42

I'll say it again. Imagine if they make a box set of live recordings from this tour - with all the special songs they don't play that often included - it will blow the BB-boxset out of the water! thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-01 09:43 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home