Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The Rolling Stones: Video Rewind (1984) Mick Jagger & Bill Wyman scenes
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:48

I've never seen this before

[youtu.be]

Re: The Rolling Stones: Video Rewind (1984) Mick Jagger & Bill Wyman scenes
Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:56

i have strange shit

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 24, 2013 18:03

That is hilarious! I remember years ago I was trying to look this up after reading about it on Wikipedia and could never find it. Sounded very funny and unfortunately it is just as cheesy as the description I read. Horrible acting but funny to see Mick and Bill just shooting the shit. Rarely see just the two of them together. The throw out lines in order to get to some of the videos is just hilarious lol.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 24, 2013 18:10

Yeah, this is so unbelievably horrible that is just hilarious. But it is clear that they both get a lot of fun. Besides, I do not understand a single word Mick says
still I like it don't know why

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 24, 2013 18:15

I always loved it.

A pity that it wasn´t officially released on DVD.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 24, 2013 18:22

I think it was officially released on VHS in the 80s. I'm sure someone here owns a copy. I seem to remember I rented it in a video store back then.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 24, 2013 18:54

I loved that video. Anymore like it?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 24, 2013 18:58

I have the VHS tape

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 24, 2013 19:02

Stoneage
I think it was officially released on VHS in the 80s. I'm sure someone here owns a copy. I seem to remember I rented it in a video store back then.

Yes, it was

Date: June 24, 2013 19:06

Watched it so many times. Still funny grinning smiley

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 24, 2013 19:10

I have the tape also. The interaction between Mick and Bill is campy and hilarious. The whole idea of going into a musty storeroom in the British Museum is brilliant. The release of this tape is a response to the music video boom of the early 80s.

Note that Bill Wyman has always been keen on technology. He purchased one of the very first Apple computers in the 1970s. Note how he manipulates a computer that is slicing through live video with ease. This was in fact impossible in 1984, computers could bareley manage to display video in a postage-stamp-sized window on your monitor.

So Bill gets a lot of credit for his forward thinking. It would be roughly 20 years before personal computers could slice through live video as shown in the Video Rewind movie.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 24, 2013 20:53

I remember seeing this as a kid and getting a good laugh out of it.. Still terrible. Great to see Bill. I remember thinking it made them look like they were infact done. It had a slightly depressing vibe about it. Great musicians hanging out in a sad empty museum..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 24, 2013 21:18

MileHigh
I have the tape also. The interaction between Mick and Bill is campy and hilarious. The whole idea of going into a musty storeroom in the British Museum is brilliant. The release of this tape is a response to the music video boom of the early 80s.

Note that Bill Wyman has always been keen on technology. He purchased one of the very first Apple computers in the 1970s. Note how he manipulates a computer that is slicing through live video with ease. This was in fact impossible in 1984, computers could bareley manage to display video in a postage-stamp-sized window on your monitor.

So Bill gets a lot of credit for his forward thinking. It would be roughly 20 years before personal computers could slice through live video as shown in the Video Rewind movie

Damn good point!

I remember renting this when it came out...must have been too expensive to buy. What were they like $80 or something? Pretty pricey for the time.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 24, 2013 22:48

proudmary

[youtu.be]

Yeah I recall very well, because it's me who edited the VHS rip just to see those scenes.I've uploaded the video in the Hot Stuff section of this board here last year
IORR

so MrRobin 14669 when you grab videos from other people, just think to credit the original uploaders, it's the least you can do winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 24, 2013 22:58

Bill is the most English of all of them isn't he? Interesting that Mick and he did this together. I think they used to have more of a relationship than they do now, obviously. Also, Mick might have felt like rewarding him for being the only stable member of the band at that point. This might have been during Charlie's heroin phase, Ronnie's crackpipe dreams in Hollywood, and Keith's perpetual post junk booze binge.

'Jimi Hendrix Bathroom Cabinet 1970' - bit of a sick joke, eh? Like having Brian Jones' water wings.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 24, 2013 23:13

First I had seen of this and quite enjoyed it. Funny how young and handsome Bill and Mick look here and they were "old" already!

Seeing Mick in his 1973 jumpsuit and mascara was awesome!

Posted by: neilly43 ()
Date: June 24, 2013 23:15

I remember reading that Keith was meant to be there but (unsurprisingly) did not turn up - hence the reference to him "going out for another bottle". Always wondered what he would have been like in it!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 24, 2013 23:19

Honestman
proudmary

[youtu.be]

Yeah I recall very well, because it's me who edited the VHS rip just to see those scenes.I've uploaded the video in the Hot Stuff section of this board here last year
IORR

so MrRobin 14669 when you grab videos from other people, just think to credit the original uploaders, it's the least you can do winking smiley

While we've always appreciated your honesty, you should know that right now the FBI are tracing you through your email server.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: June 24, 2013 23:28

I rented this video in a store in Fairfield Ct. in the mis 80's. Wow time flies.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 25, 2013 00:38

I have this tape. I remember buying it at Musicland for $15 or $20. That was probably back in 1990.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 25, 2013 00:43

I always liked when Mick is in the glass case and Bill calls his name, how Mick cuts his eyes toward Bill. Funny stuff!

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: June 25, 2013 02:10

I have the VHS too, and it's the "norwegian" one. I remember I looked for it for a while before I found it. Most of the shops had the imported english version. Mine has norwegian text on the cover and norwegian subtitles. It must have been done for some other countries as well.
.......and I still have a VHS-recorder.

The reporter in the end of the film is priceless!!

Per-Arne

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 25, 2013 02:16

use ta have Rewind parties years ago when It first came out ....
2-3 times a week for months on end.... Great STUFF...funny as hell

ROCKMAN

Date: June 25, 2013 02:17

It's one of a handful of VHS tapes I still have, along with a complete Betty Boop collection, neither of which is available on DVD. (And I doubt Rewind ever will be).

Date: June 25, 2013 02:27

....ya can find DVD boot copies around if ya look

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 25, 2013 02:56

I never saw this one before.......I think it's funny

Date: June 25, 2013 04:04

And it was odd to see a lot of the Crossfire footage racing by. And notice how Bill responds with an 'eh' when the announcer calls them The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in The World!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 04:16 by 24FPS.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: June 25, 2013 04:31

Per-Arne wrote: "The reporter in the end of the film is priceless!!"

Yes he is absolutely wonderful sleazy character and just hilarious but i´ve never found out what´s the story about him or what he is doing, seems it´s some kind of project the Stones accepted at the time. If i remember correct then it´s him interviewing the Stones when Richards answears the question about trouble with drugs that it´s trouble with policemans not drugs.
But i love Micks rough attitude when the reporter is asking them questions just seconds after they finish a concert.

Date: June 25, 2013 04:38

but i´ve never found out what´s the story about him or what he is doing,

Australian actor/comedian Norman Gunston (Garry McDonald)who had The Norman Gunston Show on Australian Television ... part of his act was to track down celebrities and often get them off guard with ridiculous question ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: steini ()
Date: June 25, 2013 04:40

I see, thank you ROCKMAN!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home