Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 30
Re: O/T where is StonesTod?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 18, 2012 07:46

stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity
stonesnow

MAN!!! Kolchak/Night Stalker is was awesome...
He is like Jim Rockford.... but for the undead.

Quite right, and ditto about the X-files. Kolchak/Night Stalker actually did have an episode on UFOs, just some invisible (to us) visitors who drop in to our world to feed on metals, electrical energy systems, human bone marrow... Kolchak once prophesied, from 1974, that one day computers would be controlling us. Last year, I picked up a DVD collection of all 20 episodes, and have since viewed it twice. I watched the show when it was on in '74-'75, and believe me, the shows hold up today. I also recommend the two movies before the TV series (The Night Stalker and The Night Strangler, available on one disc). From this distance in time, it's amazing and hilarious to see how many well-known actors/actresses you will recognize from the TV series. In the Night Stalker movies, that's Bob Cobert doing the music, the same music heard in the later episodes of Dark Shadows.

But hey, Max, since you're such a Kolchak fan, why buy the movies on disc when you can click on and see them right here? A little something to watch while we wait for StonesTod to return.

Thanks ss.. that is awesome that they made whole movies available on line for free. woohooo!!

In recent years I have actually caught Kolchak on TV... I forget which channel, but the show sure did hold up... I still laugh my ass of at his his wit and unorthodox style... he was/is funny.... I will watch what you posted... Thanks.

Date: September 18, 2012 07:52

LOL.. just seeing that abc "Movie of the week" world premiere titling kind of gives me goosebumps.... that was back when they actually had to write and produce good TV entertainment media.... not the schlocky TV crap they slop out these days... reality TV and stupid sitcoms.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:01

Max'sKansasCity
LOL.. just seeing that abc "Movie of the week" world premiere titling kind of gives me goosebumps.... that was back when they actually had to write and produce good TV entertainment media.... not the schlocky TV crap they slop out these days... reality TV and stupid sitcoms.

Well, back then, with only 3 major networks, it really was the "movie of the week". I'm doing some work right now, but I'm tempted to just knock off and watch as well. Just a few seconds of seeing Kolchak in action is enough to get me wrapped up in it. I'm also tempted to post some TV episodes, but they only appear in pieces. I will, though, if I find an entire episode to post. So... don't change that channel!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:24

I used to love Kolschak and Rockford as well.

Remember Ellery Queen? That was great TV.

One of my favourite series was Get Smart...I bought the series DVD set about a year and a half ago, 5 seasons on 25 discs, with lots of extra's.

I've watche it all, and have started on the second go round with my little kids...they also love it!

Date: September 18, 2012 08:35

treaclefingers

One of my favourite series was Get Smart...I bought the series DVD set about a year and a half ago, 5 seasons on 25 discs, with lots of extra's.

I've watche it all, and have started on the second go round with my little kids...they also love it!

I never saw Ellery Queen but Rockford and Kolchak are awesome. I watched Get Smart too, good stuff. I still regularly catch an episode of Rockford, I love that LA scenery... and when I visit LA Malibu I always try to make it to Paradise cove for breakfast... or maybe for happy hour... I say "Lets go to Rockford's place"

stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity

Well, back then, with only 3 major networks, it really was the "movie of the week". I'm doing some work right now, but I'm tempted to just knock off and watch as well. Just a few seconds of seeing Kolchak in action is enough to get me wrapped up in it. I'm also tempted to post some TV episodes, but they only appear in pieces. I will, though, if I find an entire episode to post. So... don't change that channel!
exactamundo....

I just watched half of the 1:15 minute movie...
(2 hours movie - 45 minutes of commercials)....

and you are right... out of the blue on Kolchak...
HEY LQQK ITS FRANK BURNS,,,, Las Vegas Medical examiner winking smiley

Date: September 18, 2012 08:39

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

I never saw Ellery Queen but Rockford and Kolchak are awesome. I watched Get Smart too, good stuff. I still regularly catch an episode of Rockford, I love that LA scenery... and when I visit LA Malibu I always try to make it to Paradise cove for breakfast... or maybe for happy hour... I say "Lets go to Rockford's place"

stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity

exactamundo....

I just watched half of the 1:15 minute movie...
(2 hours movie - 45 minutes of commercials)....

and you are right... out of the blue on Kolchak...
HEY LQQK ITS FRANK BURNS,,,, Las Vegas Medical examiner winking smiley

Haha! I somehow knew you would comment on that! I'm about halfway through the first one myself. I really like the second movie as well--I'll probably have a look tomorrow. Or maybe tonight, well, here on the East Coast it's tomorrow already...

Date: September 18, 2012 08:41

treaclefingers

Yes, Rockford and Get Smart were big faves with me as well back in the day. Still gotta love that Rockford opening theme.

Date: September 18, 2012 08:49

smiling smiley

Im sure you know about IMDB but just in case.... e.g. aka Frank Burns M.O.

It has everything about everybody in everything movies and TV...
If a movie or seomthing is worthy, I usuaslly go to imdb to see
what I missed... and sometimes I rewatch what ever it was. Lots of fun facts.

""Episode 1.15, "Chopper", is the first script that Robert Zemeckis (co-writing with frequent collaborator Bob Gale) sold in Hollywood.""

You can find any movie or actor or series etc etc etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-18 08:56 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 18, 2012 08:53

stonesnow

Yes, Rockford and Get Smart were big faves with me as well back in the day. Still gotta love that Rockford opening theme.

"Mr Rockford, this is Nurse Betty from Doctor Cluckman's office and you have missed 2 appointments in a row now, we are going to start charging you when you dont show up.... just letting you know, you have a nice day now..... beeeeeeeep..... BUMBUM DADADA...

Date: September 18, 2012 08:54

Max'sKansasCity
smiling smiley

Im sure you know about IMDB but just in case.... e.g. aka Frank Burns M.O.

It has everything about everybody in everything movies and TV...
If a movie or seomthing is worthy, I usuaslly go to imdb to see
what I missed... and sometimes I rewatch what ever it was. Lots of fun facts.

You can find any movie or actor or series etc etc etc

Yes, Max, I was just there in fact, looking up Carol Lynley's bio, who costars in The Night Stalker movie--because I recall from 70s television a 1960s British horror flick called The Shuttered Room, which she starred in opposite Gig Young as well as Oliver Reed, and here it is, in full...ain't Youtube wunnerful?

Date: September 18, 2012 08:57

Youtube is a modern miracle.

Date: September 18, 2012 09:40

I thought I had begged and pleaded for this thread to be closed...oh well....

Date: September 18, 2012 09:46

21stcenturystones

You visit so often, thanks for coming!

BTW, do you know where StonesTod actually is?

Date: September 18, 2012 10:06

21stcenturystones

We've gone to the movies until StonesTod gets back. So grab a bucket of popcorn, your favorite soda and sweets, and happy viewing!

Date: September 18, 2012 10:10

stonesnow
treaclefingers

One of my favourites - thanks! thumbs up

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 18, 2012 14:02

The title is misleading. It isn't a question of where StonesTod is, but who he is. You need to follow the clues. "Tod" is German for death. German popular culture connects us to Dr. Mabuse (a name that implies self-destruction, but also connotes masturbation - some would say this is on-topic). The key is equating StonesTod (the self-abuser) with Mabuse. Therefore, we conclude that StonesTod could be anyone. Even you. "Permit me to introduce myself. I am StonesTod." StonesTod!

Date: September 18, 2012 14:09

Rocky Dijon
The title is misleading. It isn't a question of where StonesTod is, but who he is. You need to follow the clues. "Tot" is German for death. German popular culture connects us to Dr. Mabuse (a name that implies self-destruction, but also connotes masturbation - some would say this is on-topic). The key is equating StonesTod (the self-abuser) with Mabuse. Therefore, we conclude that StonesTod could be anyone. Even you. "Permit me to introduce myself. I am StonesTod." StonesTod!

Close, though winking smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 18, 2012 14:23

The Beatles were bigger than Tod.

Date: September 18, 2012 16:04

GravityBoy

I'm gonna go over to StonesTod's house and start burning his records.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 18, 2012 16:18

treaclefingers
GravityBoy

I'm gonna go over to StonesTod's house and start burning his records.

Bring beer

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 18, 2012 19:38

Rocky Dijon
The title is misleading. It isn't a question of where StonesTod is, but who he is. You need to follow the clues. "Tod" is German for death. German popular culture connects us to Dr. Mabuse (a name that implies self-destruction, but also connotes masturbation - some would say this is on-topic). The key is equating StonesTod (the self-abuser) with Mabuse. Therefore, we conclude that StonesTod could be anyone. Even you. "Permit me to introduce myself. I am StonesTod." StonesTod!
No,not a mystery. Stones Tod really just is. Stones Tod.......That is all.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 18, 2012 21:15

The real question is "Who is StonesTod financially, sexually and philosophically?"

Date: September 18, 2012 23:08

GravityBoy
The real question is "Who is StonesTod financially, sexually and philosophically?"

Financially, dissatisfied
Sexually, I'm not qualified to answer that but let's face it, he's not here to defend himself, so likely dissatisfied,
and Philosophically, still trying

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 18, 2012 23:17

treaclefingers
GravityBoy

Sexually, I'm not qualified to answer that but let's face it, he's not here to defend himself, so likely dissatisfied,

I think you probably covered just about everyone on IORR.

Date: September 18, 2012 23:52

latebloomer
treaclefingers
GravityBoy

I think you probably covered just about everyone on IORR.

That's prolly what StonesTod woulda wanted. I always found him very inclusive...or something.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 19, 2012 00:12

treaclefingers
GravityBoy

Sounds like a line from a great film. One of the greatest....just can't place it.

Date: September 19, 2012 00:17

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
GravityBoy

Sounds like a line from a great film. One of the greatest....just can't place it.

"Casablanca"? "Airplane"?

Date: September 19, 2012 00:23

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
GravityBoy

If your VHS player still worked, I would give you a hint.

Date: September 19, 2012 00:26

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
GravityBoy

If your VHS player still worked, I would give you a hint.
"Gone with the Wind"?.... "Animal House"?

Date: September 19, 2012 00:27

"Great Todspectations"?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 30

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1874
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home