Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Proud Father
Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: June 21, 2013 18:38

I took my 11 year old daughter to Tuesdays show in Philly. I had no idea how she was going to react. All I can say is that she is begging me to take her tonigt... Mission Accomplished...

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Re: Proud Father
Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: June 21, 2013 18:59

Good for you and her, hopefully she'll pass on the Stones heritage to the next generation.

Did she wear earplugs? Don't want to blow out her hearing at a young age.

Date: June 21, 2013 19:30

She did wear earplugs -- Her favorite song was midnight rambler because she loved the way Jagger played to the crowd...

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 21, 2013 20:03

So glad for you! I was hoping for that, but got the opposite.

So are you taking her again?

Date: June 21, 2013 20:06

Unfortunately, I have to take my wife tonight...

Date: June 21, 2013 20:20

I am trying to talk my 12 year old niece into going if they ever come our way again. So far she isn't interested.

Date: June 21, 2013 20:30

She wasn't interested either. But once she got there -- after ice cream and cotton candy -- and taking her down to see the stage, she made a 180 degree turn.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 22, 2013 04:12

smiling smiley

Date: June 22, 2013 04:22

Speaking of proud father. Just imagine how proud Paul McCartney must be of his son James these days.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: June 22, 2013 04:30

I'll never take my daughter again. I took her when she was 6 to the licks tour, we where prepared with ear plugs but not for all the weed smoking around us.
I think she got second hand munchies...not funny...I bought her a hotdog and later a pretzel. My wife was pissed.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 22, 2013 05:09

ChefGuevara
I'll never take my daughter again. I took her when she was 6 to the licks tour, we where prepared with ear plugs but not for all the weed smoking around us.
I think she got second hand munchies...not funny...I bought her a hotdog and later a pretzel. My wife was pissed.

I'm so glad you said that! I completely forgot about the pot smoke that hit us as we hit the theater. That was another reason I didn't mind leaving. I didn't want me son inhaling it.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 22, 2013 08:48

I don't think kids should "inherite" their parents taste in music. Part of growing up is more often to distance yourself from your parents choices and form your own. Maybe it's wiser (and cheaper) to buy your daughter (or son) tickets to Justin Bieber (or whatever kids like now) and let them go with their friends? That would probably be a bigger step for them than to "babysit" their parents watching 50 year old acts? Who knows?

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: June 22, 2013 14:42

ChefGuevara

A couple of obeservations here:

1.) The last time I saw the Stones there was no pot smell at all. Just popcorn. I came out of that awful concert thinking wow, my youth is over. Not only was the music bad but since when do you go to a Stones concert and not smell pot ? Have not been back since and that was 24 years ago.

2.) Your wife is right. A Stones concert is not a place for a 6 yr old, pot or no pot.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: June 22, 2013 20:37

tornnfrayed

2.) Your wife is right. A Stones concert is not a place for a 6 yr old, pot or no pot.

-Justin Beiber wasn't around then.

-She still remembers that concert and brags about it. Wanted to go to Chicago 1 with us but tickets where to expensive for 3.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 22, 2013 20:48

Depends on the daughter, and parents. I was brought up in musical home, and of course love my parents(grandparents) music, my music, and some of my sons music. I just try to instill basic elements of critical thinking in him, that is, you don't have to like it for it to be good, or important, and vice versa.

Date: June 23, 2013 01:31

Stoneage
I don't think kids should "inherite" their parents taste in music. Part of growing up is more often to distance yourself from your parents choices and form your own. Maybe it's wiser (and cheaper) to buy your daughter (or son) tickets to Justin Bieber (or whatever kids like now) and let them go with their friends? That would probably be a bigger step for them than to "babysit" their parents watching 50 year old acts? Who knows?
I did promise her a concert of her choice if she went. So now it looks like I am going to see Selena Gomez. But I wanted her to experience this while we had the chance. Of course she is going to form her own opinion and make her own choices. But for an 11 year old in 2013, There may not be another chance to see the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 23, 2013 01:48

Look I used to clash with my parents about this. They hated the Stones and I did not like Frank Sinatra. However, my mother lover Frank and it was sometime in the mid-eighties I bought three tickets to Sinatra because they would not drive to Boston. The show was not bad and I slowly gained respect and an eventual like of some of Sinatra's song and I can always say I saw Frank Sinatra the legend and I took my 11 year old to the Boston show he likes the Stones but he also likes rap and the other music of today but he said I saw history and a legend.

Date: July 18, 2013 19:03

Just as a follow-up... I did take my daughter to see Victoria Justice and Big Time Rush a couple days ago... She tried to compare them to the Stones, but really could not - other than to say the stones were louder and the concert was shorter.

She did get bored at BTR and thankfully we left early.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 18, 2013 19:15

Obviously the child is a genius and will do well all her life!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1354
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home