Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: No Security CD
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 28, 2013 17:47

GasLightStreet
Long John Stoner
IMO, this CD is worth it for the live versions of Gimme Shelter and Out of Control. I know the version of Gimme Shelter is available elsewhere, but for those of us who don't prowl the "secondary" markets, it's a good find.

As for what the couple on the cover look like today, I understand Will and Kate are expecting very soon.

Where is the NS version of Gimme Shelter available elsewhere?

There's an edited version of the same track available on a CD promo single.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:13

...an excellent live album....

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:17

corriecas
i really like No security.
for what i heard, there will be a re-issue later this year. Maybe with a DVD..........

But first...

Ziggodome Amsterdam October !!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah !!!!

jeroen

Look forward to that, especially if there is a DVD.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 29, 2013 02:16

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
Out Of Control aspires to be one of the single best live recordings by the Stones ever, imo. thumbs up

High praise indeed.

Sorry, I'm just trying out some classic StonesTod material.

It might help to put a bit more loathing into it, with irony so scathing it can steam the wrinkles right out of your shirt.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: June 29, 2013 05:00

GasLightStreet
Long John Stoner
IMO, this CD is worth it for the live versions of Gimme Shelter and Out of Control. I know the version of Gimme Shelter is available elsewhere, but for those of us who don't prowl the "secondary" markets, it's a good find.

As for what the couple on the cover look like today, I understand Will and Kate are expecting very soon.

I have it on a 1996 German made CD single of Wild Horses from Stripped. It also has live versions of Live With Me and Tumbling Dice, the hybrid rehearsal-live version.

I also have it on a 1998 CD single of Saint of Me. A previously unreleased version of Anyway You Look At It is on there too, as well as three different edits of Saint of Me.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: June 29, 2013 18:14

Just to clarify, these are 2 different Gimme Shelter's

No Security is the from Portchester, NY and was on MTV's Live from the 10 Spot.

Wild Horses & Saint Of Me version is from the Paradiso.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 29, 2013 18:28

Long John Stoner
GasLightStreet
Long John Stoner

I have it on a 1996 German made CD single of Wild Horses from Stripped. It also has live versions of Live With Me and Tumbling Dice, the hybrid rehearsal-live version.

I also have it on a 1998 CD single of Saint of Me. A previously unreleased version of Anyway You Look At It is on there too, as well as three different edits of Saint of Me.

As Nick pointed out, the one you're talking about is from the VOODOO tour, not the BRIDGES tour.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 29, 2013 23:33

stonehearted
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
Out Of Control aspires to be one of the single best live recordings by the Stones ever, imo. thumbs up

High praise indeed.

Sorry, I'm just trying out some classic StonesTod material.

It might help to put a bit more loathing into it, with irony so scathing it can steam the wrinkles right out of your shirt.

I'd put a burr under my saddle it irritate me to the right level, but as I don't ride a horse that won't work. I wonder if I could just put a burr in my ginch?

That would irritate.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2013 00:27

ROCKMAN

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 30, 2013 00:37

Dave Mathews does really kill that song thou.thumbs down

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: June 30, 2013 01:33

GasLightStreet
Long John Stoner
GasLightStreet
Long John Stoner

As Nick pointed out, the one you're talking about is from the VOODOO tour, not the BRIDGES tour.

They sure as hell sound the same.

Date: June 30, 2013 01:52

It's way better than the other crappy live albums Still Life, Flashpoint, Live Licks.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 30, 2013 02:36

Rockman

Nice one Rockman...that's one I don't have.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: June 30, 2013 05:16

Long John Stoner

They sure as hell sound the same to you.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 30, 2013 05:36

Long John Stoner
GasLightStreet
Long John Stoner
GasLightStreet
Long John Stoner

They don't. Listen again. How could the NO SECURITY version come out on the Saint Of Me EP? That's the STRIPPED B-side version.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home